• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Guys, guys.

Did you hear that a certain GAFer will kill anyone who buys Strider 2014? It's true. If you value your life, you won't chance it!

Kanokare

Guys, guys.

Did you hear that a certain GAFer will kill anyone who buys Strider 2014? It's true. If you value your life, you won't chance it!

Some guy told me something like that once. I think his name was Ryu or something. Told me to defeat some long chin person to stand a chance..

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Adrian Chmielarz linked this on twitter and it's amazing: http://steamreviewwatch.tumblr.com/

I love you, steam

The thought process behind that blog and the reason Chmielarz tweeted it's existance is flawed at best. The fact that someone played x hours doesn't preclude a valid manichean assessment that the game is not recommendable.

Secondly, this blog is falsely assuming that the Steam time log is an accurate recording of the reviewers play time.

MUnited83

For you.
Thank God. The Gamersgate box had the GFWL banner.

No it doesn't. It has the GFW banner, not the GFWL banner. GFW banner is just a banner saying the game was certified by Microsoft. It doesn't necessarily relates to the DRM the game has.

GFWL banner is the one that signifies the GFWL service and therefore DRM.

Difference:
93126_front.jpg

dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition.jpg

valar morghulis

valar dohaeris.

I don't know why this wasn't on my wishlist. Do I just get wounded for wanting it and not owning it?

You could always buy it and find out...

He technically wouldn't be killing, rather a sort of cleanse.

Fair point.

Even if it's 75% off?

What part of "buy" was unclear?
Though I think all games are no longer subject to morals and the like once they hit 80% off.

Some guy told me something like that once. I think his name was Ryu or something. Told me to defeat some long chin person to stand a chance..

Jay Leno?

what if i got if from ps+? do i just lose an arm or something?

shaddup marco, you can't even afford it.

You did not buy it, especially after word of it's wretchedness had been put forth. I believe you should be fine... at least I'm banking that I get an exemption based off the fact that my own purchase was a sketpical pre-order and mitigated by the fact that I bought Yaiba around the same timeframe...

I do not fear death.

First you have to know, not fear, KNOW that someday you're gonna die. It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Lain

Any of you played Son of Nor? Toying with the thought of grabbing it (on GamersGate for 5€) but I remember some bad buff about it, although the Steam reviews seem to be positive.

Yrael

Yeahhh, I'm really not a fan of TotalBiscuit. >_>

Phew, I managed to escape the recent Steam sale without spending anything. My wallet is safe...until the Christmas sale.

fernandes

The thought process behind that blog and the reason Chmielarz tweeted it's existance is flawed at best. The fact that someone played x hours doesn't preclude a valid manichean assessment that the game is not recommendable.

Secondly, this blog is falsely assuming that the Steam time log is an accurate recording of the reviewers play time.

I think you are taking it a bit too seriously.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Guys, is Warlock: Master of the Arcane from this Flash Bundle the complete edition or just the base game? Because Steam doesn't sell the DLC separately anymore: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203630

Any key for Warlock should be the complete edition now--theoretically anyone who owns Warlock should have been upgraded to the complete edition automatically. Practically, I had to register for Paradox's forums and register my copy of the game and submit a support ticket to get a key for the complete edition.

agniswarm

Banned
yup

publishers keep throwing money down the drain just making the games more shit for everybody

It was just a matter of time. Publishers shouldnt go for such DRM and make the price low as ultimately all will be cracked. Its better to make the price low so that many people will buy it.

Turfster

I lucked out there and basically ran up shot, and then sniped for the kill.
Magically got a A rank the first time through sheer luck.

... Okay.
So I was trying to do it the way it's set up
with the fucking snipers and tanks and lifts and whatnot.
Then I restarted with Marina, awakened all her potentials and just headshot Selvaria 3 times,
boom, done.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I think you are taking it a bit too seriously.

The person spending their time combing through Steam reviews deems it worthwhile or alternatively considers their own time to be worthless. That's why there was an entire thread based upon the idiotic sentiment and why Doc decided to spend his time posting about it. But yeah, your right I'm the one taking it too seriously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The person spending their time combing through Steam reviews deems it worthwhile or alternatively considers their own time to be worthless. That's why there was an entire thread based upon the idiotic sentiment and why Doc decided to spend his time posting about it. But yeah, your right I'm the one taking it too seriously.

image.php

Why does GMG seem to be averse to carrying Steam codes for Telltale games? I was wanting to use credit on Game of Thrones but it's a TT code :/

Do programs get discounts too? I mean are the discounts on programs part of the autumn sale? If so, why doesn't Steam advertise them?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do programs get discounts too? I mean are the discounts on programs part of the autumn sale? If so, why doesn't Steam advertise them?

yes. in fact, the "how to make a budget" or whatever its called is discounted all the time, taking up a daily spot usually, making it the biggest troll move ever in sales history (considering the subject of said software)

Is Castle Crashers an okay single-player experience? I haven't really looked into the game much, but the $1.49 price is tempting for something that has so many positive reviews.

tmarg

Is Castle Crashers an okay single-player experience? I haven't really looked into the game much, but the $1.49 price is tempting for something that has so many positive reviews.

Hard to go wrong for $1.49. I mostly played single player, and while I didn't really feel the need to go back to it after my first playthrough, I enjoyed my time with it.

Top Bottom