• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

tmarg

Who is Derrick?

Also, Crash is probably the best exclusive IP Sony has ever had. What kind of horrible person wouldn't want a new Crash?

Vibranium

Banned
He doesn't do meltdowns, he would convince us it is shit before it's even released.

Oh when the games actually come out, he's even more active, as I remember with Tomb Raider hehe. But yeah, his opinion is set in stone usually.

Someone should gift him Dishonored 2...

AHA-Lambda

Who is Derrick?

Also, Crash is probably the best exclusive IP Sony has ever had. What kind of horrible person wouldn't want a new Crash?

The king of cynicism and snark.

Miss the guy actually, sure I'm not the only one, he was on point with so many things really :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The king of cynicism and snark.

Miss the guy actually, sure I'm not the only one, he was on point with so many things really :(

at least the dude was honest and talked like a real human being

DocSeuss

The thought process behind that blog and the reason Chmielarz tweeted it's existance is flawed at best. The fact that someone played x hours doesn't preclude a valid manichean assessment that the game is not recommendable.

Secondly, this blog is falsely assuming that the Steam time log is an accurate recording of the reviewers play time.

Just... have... fun with it.

Who is Derrick?

GET OUT

/me runs away sobbing

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2013 GOTY
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2014 GOTY

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Binding of Isaac Rebirth was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417543443z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2013 GOTY
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-627625FB3CDA47F8 - Taken by Kiru. 32 entrants total.
My 2014 GOTY

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417543804z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
passing along Doogie's SLI tips and knowledge to noobs like I was is funny. Nobody knows new drivers always reset SLI for example! Doogie is the best

zkylon

zkylewd
It was just a matter of time. Publishers shouldnt go for such DRM and make the price low as ultimately all will be cracked. Its better to make the price low so that many people will buy it.

there's no need for anything complicated

just don't use drm

pubs save some money

people don't have to deal with uplay

everybody happy

So what would everyone consider their favorite purchase over the sale?
I'd have to say I was pretty happy to nab Endless Legend.

i only bought lyne

so lyne :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
passing along Doogie's SLI tips and knowledge to noobs like I was is funny. Nobody knows new drivers always reset SLI for example! Doogie is the best

I've been using SLI for close to two years now and I still occasionally forget this happens.

Rhaknar

So what would everyone consider their favorite purchase over the sale?
I'd have to say I was pretty happy to nab Endless Legend.

I only got Castle Crashers. Was really hoping to get Ducktales at a deep discount though. That was the reason I signed up for Steam in the first place.

Guess I'll wait for the Winter sale.

agniswarm

Banned
there's no need for anything complicated

just don't use drm

pubs save some money

people don't have to deal with uplay

everybody happy

I agree just use DRM like steam or else wont get cards or achievements and they save money and we also do!

Spending money on costly DRM is a waste of time same for multiplayer games no DRM is needed as without buying no access to the server so why bother to spend money protecting the game. But sadly the pubs won't ever understand.

Khronico

Breach & Clear is well worth your money guys. It's basically XCOM distilled into discrete levels where your scored out of 4 stars based on how fast you completed the level and health/soldiers lost. Every level has 5 difficulties, and each has different amounts of enemies and different enemy placement (there's SO MANY levels). You also have a class system similar to the new XCOM (breacher, direct action, intelligence, fireteam leader, etc) complete with stats and leveling system, and each soldier can be customized with tons and TONS of equipment to choose from (rolling right now with an all skull balaclava KSK squad, it's pretty neato). It even has a permadeath mode.

It's 3.75 USD right now so get it ASAP!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
someone?

well fuck you too saoirse :>

Haha, sorry, I had no record of who and didn't want to risk crediting the wrong person.

Huh! So Steam doesn't sell them now anymore?
Don't call me caveman but I may have missed that.
. What happened?

They were pulled some months after Steam Community's guide feature launched, so the running theory is that Valve disallowed their sale.

So nothing terribly enticing from this sale, but that's a nice content feeling seeing as though I've got so much to enjoy. I think it will be fun to get back into the gifting this winter sale.

Rhaknar

Lol. Really? So Jasec buys even guides? He doesn't buy programs though !

except he does. If its on steam, assume he buys it. If Steam sold STDs, JaseC would need a penicillin IV drip inserted into his back, like a cyborg

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
except he does. If its on steam, assume he buys it. If Steam sold STDs, JaseC would need a penicillin IV drip inserted into his back, like a cyborg

Certainly the weirdest post I've seen today.

And if SLI settings reset and you don't notice, then why bother with it?

Shadownet

Banned
if SteamGAF ever have trading cards. It would be like Saoire, Elizabeth, Zooey, and like 5 other ladies.

They'll be wallpapers of each one. I'll craft a badge or two for that.

Rhaknar

Certainly the weirdest post I've seen today.

And if SLI settings reset and you don't notice, then why bother with it?

well if its a proper game youll notice it, go "wtf is going on FUCK YOU UBI...oh wait SLI is disabled"

if its WoW, a toaster could run it, so you wont notice if one of your fancy high end cards isnt being used

edit: fancy high end cards, not fany >_>

Top Bottom