• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

2014-12-02_07-47-38.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was talking about me and frost, but you can join the club :)

but nobody hates you tho

I almost picked it up for $20 somewhere. How is it? I just keep hearing Fat Souls.

I loved it, but if you go in expecting dark souls, youll probably hate it. Its both Dark Souls-lite and Dark Souls-like... Its Dark Souls Lite-Like! Its a janky eastern european Dark Souls. Also its much shorter than those games. Pretty tho. Also the magic system is OP, but the fun kind of OP

We should totally do a total no holds barred "Howard Stern-type" roast of GAF users in off-topic someday. Would be hilarious.

I'm sure it will go very well.

I loved it, but if you go in expecting dark souls, youll probably hate it. Its both Dark Souls-lite and Dark Souls-like... Its Dark Souls Lite-Like! Its a janky eastern european Dark Souls. Also its much shorter than those games. Pretty tho. Also the magic system is OP, but the fun kind of OP

Sounds like lovely $5 fun next year. : ]

Nabs

Hey fellers.

I have two extra steam codes for Thief Town.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/331220/

I need more players to do a Let's Play recording. Mic preferred but not necessary. Lag shouldn't be a serious issue as it's not super dependent on ms accuracy.

Let me know.

How does the Multiplayer work in this one? The store page says: LAN & Local dynamic play – Play on multiple devices over the same Wi-Fi network, or share the same computer with everyone

If the game doesn't feature online multiplayer, can you use something like Evolve to trick it into supporting it?

My sentiments exactly. One of the creepiest gifs I've seen.

As for favourite pick up I'm hoping the gothic games are good, I'm going to try play them on my wife's ancient laptop while I'm at home trading care of baby. My only other pick up was castlevania 2 but it will be awhile before I get around to playing that ( got the first one and mirrors to play first)

The Secret World (Massive Edition) for $15.

Or The Evil Within (bought with card money!).

I had a lot of fun with Evil Within, honestly. Never came across any of the issues other people seem to have. I think it crashed when I tabbed out once, maybe?
Really atmospheric, great game. : o

DocSeuss

Haha, sorry, I had no record of who and didn't want to risk crediting the wrong person.

They were pulled some months after Steam Community's guide feature launched, so the running theory is that Valve disallowed their sale.

Valve really is quietly evil.

Adventis

Has anyone here had any experience with Bundle Star's 'manual authorization' procedure?

Bought Memoria and Fist of Jesus a couple of days ago on the site, my first purchase ever from Bundle Stars and got charged for both. Nothing unusual there; Memoria came through fine, got the key nearly immediately after paying but got told I was 'selected for manual authorization' on the Fist of Jesus order. (they were separate to make use of voucher goodness lel)

Here's what they said in the email:
Please note there will be a delay on this occasion as this order has been selected for Manual Authorisation.

This can happen for a variety of reasons and may result in a delay of up to one working day, however the process is normally completed within 2 hours.

Now I bought the games in the wee hrs of Saturday night/Sunday morning (Nov 30) and it's almost Dec 3 where I am (Aussieland), yet there's no key in sight. I've been patient but is there a chance they just plain up forgot my order? Should I take this to support?

Vuze

So what would everyone consider their favorite purchase over the sale?
I'd have to say I was pretty happy to nab Endless Legend.
I think the only thing I've bought off Steam was the Hex Cells pack. Looking forward to tackle that once I 100% LYNE (yes, I'm 25h or so in this fricken puzzle game and still not done with the main chapters). Evil Within was just a "Oh geez, price mistake!"-purchase that I'll eventually never get to play within the next year or so lol

Miguel81

This has been a good couple of days for deals. Let's see:
The Evil Within(GG)
The Wolf Among Us(GG)
Strider(GMG) - Don't hate me frost.
Final Fantasy XIII(Newegg)
Max Payne 1&2(Nuuvem)
GTA collection(GG) - Loving the absurdity of San Andreas(missing from modern GTAs)
Killer is Dead(GG) - Missed out on the Indiegala screw up

Hope everybody got their fill. I have to say the white DS4 seems to be much better built then the 3 black ones I've went through. Rougher analogs, and no more sticky shoulder buttons. Hopefully, It'll stand up to the Dark Souls treatment.

image.php

Awesome!

Milamber

Hope everybody got their fill. I have to say the white DS4 seems to be much better built then the 3 black ones I've went through. Rougher analogs, and no more sticky shoulder buttons. Hopefully, It'll stand up to the Dark Souls treatment.

Racist.

Phawx

How does the Multiplayer work in this one? The store page says: LAN & Local dynamic play – Play on multiple devices over the same Wi-Fi network, or share the same computer with everyone

If the game doesn't feature online multiplayer, can you use something like Evolve to trick it into supporting it?

Yep. We'll see how well that works out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems like they didn't release crack, so it sounds suspicous to me. :p

When Steam DRM can cracked in minutes, that's a lot.
(FIFA 15 was released over 2 months ago. Lords of the Fallen over month ago and even Dragon Age was release two weeks ago.)

My guess is that Valve doesn't see the point in increasing the security of Steam's DRM, potentially at the cost of convenience, because even in its current form it protects perfectly against what publishers fear the most: pre-release leaks. Let them pursue third-party augmentations instead of potentially frustrating users by tightening Steam's own noose.

Tellaerin

She looks like she should have Force lightning coming off her hands, Emperor style. >.> If I was feeling less fatigued, I'd fire up Photoshop and do it myself.

Wow, that didn't take long. o_O

Have you guys ever wanted to really enjoy a game but just couldn't?

In a major way. In some cases, they've been games in popular franchises.

Top Bottom