• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Phawx

nice! how much it cost you?

Well I had a ton of backgrounds and emoticons that I never sold and was always looking to get rid of, so it cost me nothing.

But, going by current market prices, if I were to buy those gems, about $12.

Arthea

wait why are you talking about DMC? something happened?

Well I had a ton of backgrounds and emoticons that I never sold and was always looking to get rid of, so it cost me nothing.

But, going by current market prices, if I were to buy those gems, about $12.

That's better than I expected, unfortunately for me I bought this pack long ago (><)

Speevy

Banned

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Deitus

I hope DMC4 will also feature substantial reworks instead of just being a port of the PC version.

I would like that as well, but the problems with DMC4 are largely in the volume of content rather than gameplay balance. I can't see them going in and redoing the second half of the campaign to not be backtracking for a port.

You mean as in a free patch or a different release?

Because the latter seems more possible than the former.

Well hopefully a free patch, but I don't expect as much from Capcpom. I wouldn't shell out full price if they release it as a separate app, but I might pick it up on sale someday if it turns out to actually correct all of the myriad problems with the original release.

Lomax

May I suggest EVE Online then.

If it didn't have a monthly fee, and I didn't think it would absorb my entire life, I probably would. When I played WoW I spent a disturbingly large percentage of my time on the markets getting wealthy.

Are most of these auctions being won by people who got to keep some of their ill-gotten loot or those who crafted gems?

No one kept ill-gotten gems. Some people made tremendous profits on ill-gotten gems by converting to boosters, and got to keep those profits. But all gems that exist now were obtained legitimately. Remember, there were millions of gems available at 3 cents per 100 when this all began.

dex3108

Dear fellow Gaffer from Talos Principle gave me coupon for 50% off Talos Principle so i guess i will buy Talos and some other games on Winter Sale :D Yay!

Vazduh

I'm slowly starting to sell, can't imagine they'll go much higher. But I'll certainly keep some, who knows if the sale will bring a meta game you'll need them for.

edit: Okay, already higher than I sold my first batch for. :)

I'll wait 'till last 1-2 hours of auction.

Anteater

GregaMan said:
As previously alluded, we are indeed also confirming the existence of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, which is apparently coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next summer (2015) and has something to do with that blue guy. Not sure what, exactly. Guess you’ll all just have to start guessing. ;D

[DMC4SE teaser pending. Sorry!]

HYPE

Arthea

can someone point me to some really cheap stuff on auction that nobody wants, because I'm fairly sure I'm not getting anything I want. (._.)

People who like games?
This remaster whining is so stupid.

I like games, I don't like remasters and definitive editions of games that came out like yesterday and if you like, you are part of the problem

Turfster

can someone point me to some really cheap stuff on auction that nobody wants, because I'm fairly sure I'm not getting anything I want. (._.)
If anyone does this, don't do it in the thread or it won't be cheap any more.
Just saying =p

Final Dusk keys available for Groupees BAGB 12

Lomax

My guess is it will be at least a day or two before we start seeing stuff that is actually "cheap." Oddly enough right now a lot of the cheapest games I'm watching have 200+ bids, while some of the more expensive ones barely have 100. But it's going to take a while before we know if prices are basically going to stabilize, or continue to drop.

Arthea

My guess is it will be at least a day or two before we start seeing stuff that is actually "cheap." Oddly enough right now a lot of the cheapest games I'm watching have 200+ bids, while some of the more expensive ones barely have 100. But it's going to take a while before we know if prices are basically going to stabilize, or continue to drop.

that's not gonna happen, I'm sure of it, only cheap stuff will remain stuff nobody wants.

Sini

I like games, I don't like remasters and definitive editions of games that came out like yesterday and if you like, you are part of the problem

How is this even a problem? It's not like they take a lot of development time.
I have never owned a console but If I bought PS4 now I would be very glad to play older games that were released on previous console with good resolution/framerate and tweaked gameplay.

Edit: I wish all well received games got remasters so new players could experience them as well.

Speevy

Banned
No one kept ill-gotten gems. Some people made tremendous profits on ill-gotten gems by converting to boosters, and got to keep those profits. But all gems that exist now were obtained legitimately. Remember, there were millions of gems available at 3 cents per 100 when this all began.

Some people in this thread were saying that it only took a few thousand of their several thousand gems.

derExperte

If I'd find something with a good gems/price ratio I'd rather buy it myself to be perfectly honest. But those items are long gone.

MUnited83

For you.
I really can't see what's wrong it the so-called remasters. Games are getting improved for the new generation and will be worth playing at least to the people who didn't play it before. I don't get the whining. If you think that not doing those remaster would result in new games instead, you are completely and utterly wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is this even a problem?
I have never owned a console but If I bought PS4 now I would be very glad to play older games that were released on previous console with good resolution/framerate and tweaked gameplay.

I think part of the problem (for me at least) is that previous consoles (such as launch edition PS3s) could play older games (such as PS2 or PS1) without the need to repurchase the games. If I own the PS3 version of DmC, I can't play it on the PS4 without having to purchase a completely new copy of the game. Granted, graphical enhancements and gameplay updates are nice.

That said, I'll probably be picking up Final Fantasy X / X-2 on the PS4 if it has cross-save, even though I have a PS3 copy and a copy on the Vita. Yes, I realize I'm part of the problem.

Lomax

Some people in this thread were saying that it only took a few thousand of their several thousand gems.

Plenty of people bought hundreds or even thousands of the 3 cent backgrounds. I've never seen anyone who claimed that they got to keep any of the gems they bought cheap via bags from duping. But everyone got their gems that they spent on boosters refunded, which amounted to free profits for a lot of people.

that's not gonna happen, I'm sure of it, only cheap stuff will remain stuff nobody wants.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I have my doubts that anything cheap will remain. And certainly nothing before tomorrow. But there's been a couple of things I've seen that are being won now in the range of what I would consider "reasonable."

Milamber

I'd be glad for a Skies of Arcadia or Grandia series PC remaster. Old games that are no longer properly attainable should get top priority on release really. This DMC crap is pushing it.

pahamrick

I think part of the problem (for me at least) is that previous consoles (such as launch edition PS3s) could play older games (such as PS2 or PS1) without the need to repurchase the games. If I own the PS3 version of DmC, I can't play it on the PS4 without having to purchase a completely new copy of the game. Granted, graphical enhancements and gameplay updates are nice.

That said, I'll probably be picking up Final Fantasy X / X-2 on the PS4 if it has cross-save, even though I have a PS3 copy and a copy on the Vita. Yes, I realize I'm part of the problem.

No, you're part of the solution working towards a Final Fantasy XII Remaster.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No, you're part of the solution working towards a Final Fantasy XII Remaster.

Good point, I've done my part! (And that really needs to happen, along with Kingdom Hearts games on the PS4)

pahamrick

Plenty of people bought hundreds or even thousands of the 3 cent backgrounds. I've never seen anyone who claimed that they got to keep any of the gems they bought cheap via bags from duping. But everyone got their gems that they spent on boosters refunded, which amounted to free profits for a lot of people.

Not everyone.

I started with 2.5k gems, bought well over 20k when they were .3 each. Crafted at least 20k worth of boosters, and I got my original 2.5k back.

I really can't see what's wrong it the so-called remasters. Games are getting improved for the new generation and will be worth playing at least to the people who didn't play it before. I don't get the whining. If you think that not doing those remaster would result in new games instead, you are completely and utterly wrong.

Plus, they add new content:

M4IM949.png

Edit: beaten!

PLEASE come to PC. ALL MY MONEY!

If you click "View CD key" on Dark Souls, you definitely get a key that activates Dark Souls on Steam (shows "already own that product" for me). Now, I don't know if that is the key that you originally got out of retail versions and 3rd party retailers since I don't know where I got mine anymore. Even if it is, copies directly bought on Steam probably have keys that are unused?

derExperte

No one kept ill-gotten gems. Some people made tremendous profits on ill-gotten gems by converting to boosters, and got to keep those profits.

Did that actually work for dupers? Because I couldn't create boosters when i had millions of gems but I didn't try immediately. Some in here bought the gem sacks for 3 cents though, made boosters, sold those and later got the money for the gem sacks refunded.

I'll wait 'till last 1-2 hours of auction.

Price is going up steadily.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If you click "View CD key" on Dark Souls, you definitely get a key that activates Dark Souls on Steam (shows "already own that product" for me). Now, I don't know if that is the key that you originally got out of retail versions and 3rd party retailers since I don't know where I got mine anymore. Even if it is, copies directly bought on Steam probably have keys that are unused?

That's what happened with Street Fighter IV, so I bet that's the case (the keys bought on Steam need to be valid to be activated on Games for Windows, and all the keys from games for windows had to be added to steam redeemable keys, so....)

Lomax

Not everyone.

I started with 2.5k gems, bought well over 20k when they were .3 each. Crafted at least 20k worth of boosters, and I got my original 2.5k back.

Exactly, you got back what you crafted yourself, nothing more, nothing less. If you spent ones you crafted on boosters, you got them back. If you spent bag gems on boosters, you kept those profits. Maybe I'm not being clear enough? The only point is, there's no gems in the system now that were duped. There's money in the system, and cards in the system, but not gems.

Some in here bought the gem sacks for 3 cents though, made boosters, sold those and later got the money for the gem sacks refunded.

This is correct. I did that myself (though not nearly as much as I should have). The only gems I got back were the ones I made myself.

Liseda

Did that actually work for dupers? Because I couldn't create boosters when i had millions of gems but I didn't try immediately. Some in here bought the gem sacks for 3 cents though, made boosters, sold those and later got the money for the gem sacks refunded.
Yeah, the booster creator did work in the beginning while the duping still worked.

Top Bottom