• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

That's what happened with Street Fighter IV, so I bet that's the case (the keys bought on Steam need to be valid to be activated on Games for Windows, and all the keys from games for windows had to be added to steam redeemable keys, so....)

Yeah, I think the difference is that even previously every cops of DS activated on Steam (I'm not sure about that), so i don't know if you actually get a second key. Someone needs to test that I guess.

pahamrick

Exactly, you got back what you crafted yourself, nothing more, nothing less. If you spent ones you crafted on boosters, you got them back. If you spent bag gems on boosters, you kept those profits. Maybe I'm not being clear enough? The only point is, there's no gems in the system now that were duped. There's money in the system, and cards in the system, but not gems.

Gotcha, I misunderstood what you meant.

Nzyme32

Plus, they add new content:

M4IM949.png

Edit: beaten!

PLEASE come to PC. ALL MY MONEY!

Really doubt it, otherwise it would have been in the press release. They could always bring it later, but I'd guess it is going to be like the Tomb Raider thing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you click "View CD key" on Dark Souls, you definitely get a key that activates Dark Souls on Steam (shows "already own that product" for me). Now, I don't know if that is the key that you originally got out of retail versions and 3rd party retailers since I don't know where I got mine anymore. Even if it is, copies directly bought on Steam probably have keys that are unused?

Retail keys are GFWL keys. You'll only have a spare to give away if you bought the game on Steam itself.

derExperte

Yeah, the booster creator did work in the beginning while the duping still worked.

Did it work for dupers though? I couldn't create while others here could. If yes then fuck, I was too cautious and missed out on some serious dosh. Though afair some got banned. So who knows.

Arthea

that's annoying, the timer is broken, I bid on last second and I was in time, dammit (._.)

edited:
lol I take my words back, I won (><)

Jawmuncher

Really doubt it, otherwise it would have been in the press release. They could always bring it later, but I'd guess it is going to be like the Tomb Raider thing

im sure it'll make its way to pc at some point. Capcom wants that money and a remaster port isn't going to he hard for them to bring over. Especially since they are more than likely using the pc version of DMC4 to work on this.

What if Capcom did a port of Dino Crisis 3?!

jk :O

Capcom acts like Dino Crisis doesn't exist or something, much like Megaman T_T

Maybe someday they'll both return.

Lomax

Gotcha, I misunderstood what you meant.

Sorry, I don't think I was being specific enough.

Did it work for dupers though? I couldn't create while others here could. If yes then fuck, I was too cautious and missed out on some serious dosh. Though afair some got banned. So who knows.

I think avoiding being banned was probably better :)

Edit: First post on two pages in a row... I should go play some games.

Also the whole story "for those who haven't play this" is hilarious, since PS3 and 360 are not super-expensive systems 20 years old, but you can find a used new one for a price of two remastered games.
This is a really shitty attitude.

So for a person who bought their first system in an ecosystem (PS4/XB1), they should go drop another $120 on a PS3/360 as well? People aren't made of money. As you pointed out, that's the price of two games. So they could buy their new PS4/XB1 and get two games remastered, or buy a PS4/XB1 and a PS3/360 for the same price and have no games. There's a reason why people want remasters, and in many cases it is indeed because they "missed" the game.

Deitus

It seems me and you are the only one don't liking this trend. Everytime I post about those remake, ten people come and say "What's wrong with you?". Right after, some posts like "Double dip, triple dip" and so on follow.

I'm not one to get excited about ports (unless they are PC ports). I basically never double dip on anything, unless the changes to the game are substantial enough that it's basically a new game (Metroid Zero Mission for example). The few HD remasters I bought were games that I never got a chance to buy in the previous generation (and even some of those I held off on because the remaster ruined a lot of things from the original, like in Silent Hill).

But really the existence of ports and remasters doesn't bother me that much. I'm not going to buy them, but if someone picks up a game they never had a chance to play before then great. Though it did get out of hand in the past year, with developers trying to pad their current gen lineup by just re-releasing last years games. And it's really gross that they gave out an award for best remaster. It's not a problem that the ports exist, just that there are being treated as a substitute for new games.

On DmC and DMC4 remasters, I'm a little more positive. From the list of improvements on DmC, it is clear that they listened to the community, and have responded to the complaints. Almost every single major issue with gameplay in that game has been addressed. Of course execution is going to be key, as it's easy to say you are addressing an issue, but it's a lot harder to actually get the balance right to fix the gameplay without overcorrecting. And even if they get it all right, it still doesn't make the game a suitable followup to DMC4 (in story or gameplay), or make the boss fights not bland as shit (mechanically). But it least it will be competent action game in it's own right, without glaring holes in the game design, which would be a marked improvement. If these changes are not free for PC, I'm not going to shell out a lot of money on a game that honestly should have had all of these improvements in the first place, but I'll pick it up down the road with card bucks when it gets a deep discount.

As for DMC4, I might end up breaking my "no double dipping" rule, just on account of it's been 7 years since we've had a proper DMC game, and I want Capcom to know that there is still interest in those games. But it will depend on pricing and what improvements they've made of course.

JaseC

Oh hey, I won:

subvnr37.jpg

As I said earlier, I couldn't really find anything worth jumping on after taking into account discount history and cross-region trading, so I figured I'd try my hand at pre-ordering Subnautica instead.

Dr Dogg

While I have no issues picking up late ports and rehashes for PC mainly because I know I can do a fuck ton more with it to clean up the game than any console version could and come 20 years time that game will still work and not need to be bought and rebought umpteen times over the problem for me is that this isn't appealing.
Now if you know me I couldn't care less about metacritic but having 8 out of your 10 highest rated games be ports is not enticing me to make a purchase anytime soon.

Anteater

This is a really shitty attitude.

So for a person who bought their first system in an ecosystem (PS4/XB1), they should go drop another $120 on a PS3/360 as well? People aren't made of money. As you pointed out, that's the price of two games. So they could buy their new PS4/XB1 and get two games remastered, or buy a PS4/XB1 and a PS3/360 for the same price and have no games. There's a reason why people want remasters, and in many cases it is indeed because they "missed" the game.

yeah, i don't understand why people can't grasp this concept when a lot of them are the same people who ask for pc ports, because essentially they're very similar, people aren't going to keep old consoles hooked up and people who don't own them won't want to buy another machine, also there are the performance and graphical improvements.

MUnited83

For you.
Sorry, I don't think I was being specific enough.

I think avoiding being banned was probably better :)

Edit: First post on two pages in a row... I should go play some games.

The only ones banned were the ones selling gem sacks directly on the market afaik. Anibody who crafted hundreds of boosters got to keep them.

Arthea

Oh hey, I won:

http://abload.de/img/subvnr37.jpg[/IMG

As I said earlier, I couldn't really find anything worth jumping on after taking into account discount history and cross-region trading, so I figured I'd try my hand at pre-ordering Subnautica instead.[/QUOTE]

I remember checking it and it was kinda expensive.
Anyway congrats!

JaseC

I remember checking it and it was kinda expensive.
Anyway congrats!

I had to buy just about all of my gems from the market, so it cost me $13 and some change. I'm curious what the game being included as an auction item means for pre-order incentives, though.

Lomax

It hit a dollar per sack briefly last night before falling back down. There's still a lot of backgrounds that put the price per sack at about 83 cents, so I wouldn't expect it to go much higher than the dollar, that break point is a mental barrier that is tough to cross.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
hey, Dark Souls is totally working here, GFWL-less and my save transferred without any issue. had to remove DSFix and game looks like shit again.

I hope durante updates it, eventually.

hey, Dark Souls is totally working here, GFWL-less and my save transferred without any issue. had to remove DSFix and game looks like shit again.

I hope durante updates it, eventually.

Everything about DSfix should work except the FPS unlock, which Durante can't do anything about.

Arthea

I had to buy just about all of my gems from the market, so it cost me $13 and some change. I'm curious what the game being included as an auction item means for pre-order incentives, though.

not that bad, seeing as it is preoder!
I won a game, that I'm sure is bundled right about now and will be for $1 tomorrow (><), but then again at least I'm done with this auction.

Top Bottom