• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

what gem price...

oh! sparkles foil. One free buck, ahoy.

edit: oh wow. First buy hundred's of useless shit, turns all into gem, wait, profit. Sheeet
But then this great recyclement of useless shit was rather necessary as well.

Tecl0n

DMC4: SE
ij8ezt4MYFrYZ.gif

Lomax

Shitty attitude? Not at all.
I mean, you buy a PS3 for the price of two remastered, right? You can buy those non-remastered games on PS3 VERY cheap. Basically if you buy 4 remastered titles, let's say, 200€ total, you can buy a new PS3 and all those not-remastered games for the same price. And you can buy other games too.I don't understand why there are so many poeple that haven't played those title. I mean, ok, you had a 360 and not a PS4. Okay. But the majority of those rematered games were multiplatform, so the only explanation would be the majority of PS4 and One sold are bought by non-players at all, like if this is their first system at all.

In the case of PS2 remastered titles on PS3, I agree with the fact those titles were REALLY old and hard to find. Just try to find a copy of MGS2, MGS3 or Ico. They cost a LOT of money. And there's also the fact they won't look properly on modern TV system. So a remastered version was a good way to have those titles in the market again. They were cheap (usually "bundle" of two or three games for 40 or 50€), they looks good, they were easy to buy/find.

But remastered of titles one year old? No, thanks.

How is a remaster any different than just releasing it on a new platform? The fact that they call it a remaster? It's not like it invalidates the original copy. I guess someone who bought the title on the original platform and would have bought it on the newer platform would be annoyed, but why would anyone else care?

I guess PC releases of remasters are a bit odd, but would we rather they just not release the new version on the PC at all?

Honestly, the implication of all the salt is that this is a zero-sum system. Remasters don't remove other games from being made. If anything we've seen evidence that remasters enable other games to be made.

Price is stuck at .80€, could go down soon.

Yeah it peaked right at 99 cents again. Takes a lot of demand to push past that point and there's still enough supply of cheaper gems to counter that. 83 cents per sack is about what crafting them yourself costs right now. Granted, that's a lot of clicking you save, so I can understand the premium for the sacks.

Nzyme32

While I have no issues picking up late ports and rehashes for PC mainly because I know I can do a fuck ton more with it to clean up the game than any console version could and come 20 years time that game will still work and not need to be bought and rebought umpteen times over the problem for me is that this isn't appealing.

Now if you know me I couldn't care less about metacritic but having 8 out of your 10 highest rated games be ports is not enticing me to make a purchase anytime soon.

Yeah. If you were to try and illustrate this to people in other threads, you'd probably be lambasted for it. I'm in two mind about the whole thing. On the one hand, for those who still haven't played it or for the die hard fans, it certainly has it's uses. On the console side, this also works since the previous version isn't accessible at all without the old hardware.

Of course as you have shown though, this is the dominant type of game at the moment, which makes me a but uneasy both about how devs and pubs react to this knowledge and just how they are so popular even with those that own the originals already. The horrible thing for this to extrapolate to, is for devs and pubs to plan in advance for this eventuality and withhold content.

MUnited83

For you.
I wonder how the guys feel that sold 170,038 cards at the 3 Eurocents

TRwN2JC.png

And the whole bunch of guys who sold at a similar price.

Are those gem sacks? If so, those guys don't feel anything. Those sacks were deleted and the transactions were refunded. None of those guys could sell those sacks now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is a remaster any different than just releasing it on a new platform? The fact that they call it a remaster? It's not like it invalidates the original copy. I guess someone who bought the title on the original platform and would have bought it on the newer platform would be annoyed, but why would anyone else care?

I guess PC releases of remasters are a bit odd, but would we rather they just not release the new version on the PC at all?

Honestly, the implication of all the salt is that this is a zero-sum system. Remasters don't remove other games from being made. If anything we've seen evidence that remasters enable other games to be made.

I think we can all agree that Square Enix re-releasing Final Fantasy VII digitally on the PS4 is the worst offender. It's functionally identical to the PC version, and it's the exact same game that's available as a PS1 classic on PS3 for $10 (PS1 classics aren't available on the PS4). So for $15 your get the exact same game that you can play on a Playstation 1, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3: except now you get trophy support.

ViviOggi

It's quite ironic how after a several months long ad campaign with the sole intention of antagonizing DMC fans the Donte must Cry remaster is now being rebalanced to play more like 4, includes lock-on, modes ripped straight from the previous games and full on Uncle Dante skins

Guess Donte doesn't go to bars anymore

If they do it right I'm all for it though, while it won't fix the braindead narrative I've always liked DmC's soundtrack.

Dr Dogg

Yeah. If you were to try and illustrate this to people in other threads, you'd probably be lambasted for it. I'm in two mind about the whole thing. On the one hand, for those who still haven't played it or for the die hard fans, it certainly has it's uses. On the console side, this also works since the previous version isn't accessible at all without the old hardware.

Of course as you have shown though, this is the dominant type of game at the moment, which makes me a but uneasy both about how devs and pubs react to this knowledge and just how they are so popular even with those that own the originals already. The horrible thing for this to extrapolate to, is for devs and pubs to plan in advance for this eventuality and withhold content.

Hahaha I already did and got an angry so and so have a pop at me because apparently how I feel personally is how I what everyone else to be like I'm some insurable selfish oik. But hey I don't expect everyone to be able to keep a level head and read between the lines when discussing games these days, especially in heated times and places like this.

For me I got a PS3 about a month after release because I could ditch the PS2 due to backwards compatibility and it played BluRays. With maybe only Uncharted, MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles being the only worthwhile games for me in the first year. So on the games front it's about the same with PS4 and XO for me as there's fuck all there to entice me and ports certainly don't on a platform that has an obsolescence time bomb ticking over it's head unless they're never coming PC's way for a long long time and with no new tech to upgrade to like the CD, DVD and BluRay offerings of the first 3 Playstations I'm good to wait for the platform to mature. I mean I saw Captain Toad being demod in Argos today (despite still not out here yet) and that has me more excited than any PS4 or XO exclusive.

Lomax

I think we can all agree that Square Enix re-releasing Final Fantasy VII digitally on the PS4 is the worst offender. It's functionally identical to the PC version, and it's the exact same game that's available as a PS1 classic on PS3 for $10 (PS1 classics aren't available on the PS4). So for $15 your get the exact same game that you can play on a Playstation 1, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3: except now you get trophy support.

Yeah, that's pretty worthless and exploitative. Is it getting a physical release though? Because that would have some value to some people I guess. I'm not saying the publishers are without fault here, but the idea that this is the end of the world is just silly. Would people rather these remasters just didn't exist at all? Because the rest of the catalog offering would be exactly the same.

Personally I haven't owned a console in years, so I find it all largely meaningless. Every new console generation has brought things like this, and always will. The only thing that gets any of my interest is when I see things like the re-release of Suikoden II because that makes me a tiny bit hopeful for a PC
or Android
release.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How did you start GFWL? Because here it doesn't start at all when I boot the game :l

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205350/discussions/0/846943514174506118/

Uninstall previous GFWL and install the one there. Follow those instructions then open the game and the game would open and load properly with GFWL. After you load your save Data and all Achievements pop up close the game and uninstall or close GFWL ( I uninstalled) then on steam go to beta and activate the beta they have there. When the game loads will automatically load the save data you transferred.

Turfster

Daily Space Engineers 50% off

Humble Store Daily
  • Total War Rome II
  • Goat Simulator
  • LEGO Marvel
  • Hitman Asspollution
  • Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack FLASH
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Batman Oranges
  • The Masterplan
  • Shadowrun Dragonfall
  • Road Not Taken
  • Cosmic DJ
  • Darksiders II
  • Dungeon Siege
  • FEZ
  • Killing Floor
  • The Last Remnant
  • Farming Simulator 2013
  • Memoria
  • Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Valiant Hearts
  • Anomaly
  • Awesomenauts
  • Blade Symphony
  • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Cloudbuilt
  • DLC Quest
  • Dungeon Hearts
  • Fract OSC
  • Total War Medieval II
  • Bit.Trip Runner
  • Binary Domain
  • LIfeless Planet
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Mousecraft
  • Eets munchies
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked
  • Kromair
  • MotoGP13
  • Omerta

Absolutely the worst offender. However, you can always (and I certainly shall) not support that behavior by not purchasing.

Devil's advocate, though: they're not splitting up a playerbase by doing it and those other iterations are not obsolete. There could still be one person who has been waiting to get into this game that so many have praised as a potential GOAT but only has a current gen system and has some hang up on playing PS Classics because they're "old" or "ugly" so this is that person's opportunity to play it.

If there's zero harm done but there's a(n extremely slim) chance of potential positive gain, who cares?

Top Bottom