• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
My heart! The sons of Sparda have returned! Someone hold me.
M4IM949.png

cicero

I wish I would have bought more emoticons to break down for gems when they were at $.03. At least I made my money back and about $25.

Turfster

How has nobody told JawmuncherC about theHunter:primal being available in EA yet?

The most realistic prehistoric survival game ever created. Featuring a huge Jurassic environment populated by horrifying all-stars such as T-Rex, Triceratops, Utahraptor. The hunting & wildlife experience of the renowned developer Expansive Worlds is combined with all new survival elements where up to 16 players face extreme peril in an effort to prove themselves in a cruel world of survival vs. both each other and the greatest predators known to man.

bigzgod

Since I remember someone in the thread was looking for this, here you go!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bigzgod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dysfunction Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-022EED5237D51DC0 - Taken by orthodoxy1095. 9 entrants total.

t1418677484z1.png

Khronico

The sacks of gems are rising in price dramatically and I had to go craft boosters with my 10k gems.

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

I still managed to make $3.60 from the boosters tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lots of keys added to bundles today, me likey (me extra likey because one of them I actually wanted, Words for Evil)

Man , some of the bids are getting funny, I am following Resonance and Puzzle Agent and I have seen people betting just one gem above the highest bidder, I can see that getting more and more common as the price goes down.

Lomax

UGH. All the things that I was hoping on bidding on are rising in gem price again. Significantly.

We're heading into peak time, so it's to be expected. Don't expect any good deals until tomorrow at the soonest, I'd bet the best time will be Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Copons

Uh, I've just GFWLed out Dark Souls and... uhm, is it just me that got lucky, or their instructions post was way overreaching?

Like, all those cases, steps, things, shenanigans, stuff, and whatnot.

I just launched the game normally, logged into GFWL, quit the game, enabled the beta and launched the game with all the achievs and the saves there and ready.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
judging by the gamersgate sale, seems Bound by Flame will continue to only be 50% off this sale

no-thanks.gif

The sacks of gems are rising in price dramatically and I had to go craft boosters with my 10k gems.

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

I still managed to make $3.60 from the boosters tho.

well,it's kind of stabilising at 70-80 cents since that is the value of 10x holiday sale objects anyway. Any holiday object is 100 gems, so 80 cents is already a bit high for a sack.

also crafted boosters yesterday. :')

I just looked in my Indiegala profile and realized I have a bunch of gifts. I totally didn't realize that was how the Friday bundle worked. Whoops. Here's the first batch.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (orthodoxy1095, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization -- MB-D624C4CDF8128D11 - Taken by redlacs
The Last Door - Collector's Edition -- MB-66244F530EE6E5E1 - Taken by Htown. 6 entrants total.
Millionaire Manor -- MB-3BE8E41921E3800B - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-C72474DE336F18D0 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Selknam Defense -- MB-7B74BFD99AAA6D29 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Platypus -- MB-A4EE2179619B8E9A - Taken by Vuze
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-AEC768D3BCE6211D - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-9D87369DE68BEA4C - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-0F2ED0B23CA40FB8 - Taken by KenOD
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-E2873CF521714DCF - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-F5661CC92376E5BD - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
OCEAN CITY RACING -- MB-33C2702A4560AC43 - Taken by Woody Invincible

t1418668544z1.png

Ruruja

Uh, I've just GFWLed out Dark Souls and... uhm, is it just me that got lucky, or their instructions post was way overreaching?

I just launched the game normally, logged into GFWL, quit the game, enabled the beta and launched the game with all the achievs and the saves there and ready.

That's what the steps say to do.

Copons

That's what the steps say to do.

ahah, you're kinda right (kinda, tho: the steps make it harder)!

I started writing and then I derailed in my mind: what I meant was that all the (Steam) achievs popped up immediately as I launched the game the first time, and I wasn't even logged into GFWL.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone think the price on a sack of gems is gonna go up anymore? I got one sack left, and at this point the sacks are pretty equal in worth as the FFXIII booster pack, don't know if I should sell it now, or wait it out incase the price goes up

Lomax

Anyone think the price on a sack of gems is gonna go up anymore? I got one sack left, and at this point the sacks are pretty equal in worth as the FFXIII booster pack, don't know if I should sell it now, or wait it out incase the price goes up

I can see it spiking back up to a dollar near the end of the auction.

Top Bottom