• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

derExperte

Anyone think the price on a sack of gems is gonna go up anymore? I got one sack left, and at this point the sacks are pretty equal in worth as the FFXIII booster pack, don't know if I should sell it now, or wait it out incase the price goes up

More and more are jumping on the gem-train and want to sell but there are still enough buyers. Impossible to predict what happens first, people become sane again or gems run out. Remember that with each auction round a lot vanish into digital air.

yuraya

So if I were to make an educated guess...The price of gems will continue to increase accordingly up until the last 5 auction rounds or so. At that point the high rollers won't be competing with each other as much anymore and everyone else will start to slowly realize they have no chance at winning anything. Than the gem price will decrease to normal levels.

This is all of course under the assumption that the gems won't have any other use for the rest of the sale other than to craft badges. If Valve introduces some other meta game during sale which utilizes these gems...well than..shit could hit the fan as far as prices go. This sale gonna be interesting. It hasn't even started yet and already so many are entertained :D

Uh, I've just GFWLed out Dark Souls and... uhm, is it just me that got lucky, or their instructions post was way overreaching?

Like, all those cases, steps, things, shenanigans, stuff, and whatnot.

I just launched the game normally, logged into GFWL, quit the game, enabled the beta and launched the game with all the achievs and the saves there and ready.

That's what you're supposed to do if you read all those cases, steps, things, shenanigans, stuff, and whatnot :p

Anteater

attachment.php

time to install dmc4

wonder if i could find a hash for gedosato, i failed with lost planet

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So if I were to make an educated guess...The price of gems will continue to increase accordingly up until the last 5 auction rounds or so. At that point the high rollers won't be competing with each other as much anymore and everyone else will start to slowly realize they have no chance at winning anything. Than the gem price will decrease to normal levels.

This is all of course under the assumption that the gems won't have any other use for the rest of the sale other than to craft badges. If Valve introduces some other meta game during sale which utilizes these gems...well than..shit could hit the fan as far as prices go. This sale gonna be interesting. It hasn't even started yet and already so many are entertained :D

That's what I'm betting on.

As opposed to Event Trading Cards, in which the prices drop heavily on the first 5 days and then stay level until the end of the sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not really that surprising. A collector friend of mine told me he would offer $500 if anyone ever decides to sell a steam copy of Dragon Age II. It's kinda nuts.

I can understanding paying $500 for something like Wheelman or The Golden Compass, but in the case of Dragon Age 2 or Crysis 2 vanilla it'd make more sense to just wait until the other shoe drops and EA returns to Steam with Uplayesque Origin integration in tow.

JaseC

I still haven't got all my Christmas presents. I need to do it tonight so that they actually get here and I still have money.

Winter is coming...

Christmas is going to be quiet for me this year, fortunately. I just need to buy for my parents and one of my brothers.

I figure this may be as good a place as any to ask...is the 50% off deal for Wreckfest a good price to get in on? I know it's Early Access so issues/problems can come up. Has anyone here bought it and have any impressions on what is offered so far?

Dr Dogg

I know it's easy to jump on the poor port bandwagon but after a rocky start credit where credit is due Mordor just doesn't drop frames, like ever.
16.6ms on the dot and the only time it spiked it when I alt+tabbed out and closed it down.

Everyone talking about DMC here makes me feel like there was a PC announcement that I missed somewhere.

That or they are unaware of how much a saucy little strumpet Capcom is when your back is turned. Seeing as DMC has never really been a massive seller I'm a tad surprised unless there's a DMC5 or DmC 2 in the works and these are the appetisers. Of course I'm being selfish because I'd have rather they announced Dragon's Dogma for PC and maybe the tinker toys as well. And I'd reckon it would sell better too.

Momentary

Banned
That or they are unaware of how much a saucy little strumpet Capcom is when your back is turned. Seeing as DMC has never really been a massive seller I'm a tad surprised unless there's a DMC5 or DmC 2 in the works and these are the appetisers. Of course I'm being selfish because I'd have rather they announced Dragon's Dogma for PC and maybe the tinker toys as well. And I'd reckon it would sell better too.

I've given up On Dragon's Dogma. The game LOOKS like it was meant to be on the platform. It doesn't make any sense. I feel the game would have sold as well as the Dark Soul series on PC.

I've given up On Dragon's Dogma. The game LOOKS like it was meant to be on the platform. It doesn't make any sense. I feel the game would have sold as well as the Dark Soul series on PC.

CAPCOM is allergic to success. They literally cannot do it for this reason.

This is also the reason the Lost Planet franchise exists.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
AssUnity Patch 4 on Hold

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us, and your feedback over these past weeks has indicated that it is important to you as well.

As stated last week, we’d expected to release the patch today (and we know that many are anticipating its release), but we are choosing to hold off until we can give you the improvements we’ve promised. We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve.

Thank you very much for your understanding and continued patience.

-The Live Update Team

oh ubi ... you jokers you ...

Tizoc

CAPCOM is allergic to success. They literally cannot do it for this reason.

This is also the reason the Lost Planet franchise exists.

Jigga please. They could announce it tomorrow and you'll be screaming about how nothing happens when you throw money at the screen.
I've seen it happen once today, spare your flip floppin' people...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just finished Costume Quest 2. easiest recomendtion (or not) ever, sicne basically if you liked the first, youll like the second, as its literally more of the same.

if you didnt like the first, stay away, it has some combat improvements and new costumes and whatnot, but like I said, its mostly the same game. As a fan of th first tho, I liked it

ITs also quite short so easy to finish, took me 5 hours 40mins, I missed the last costume but it wouldnt have changed much since you can only get it at the end anyway

They've added the one option I dreaded to the auction house. An option to sort by lowest bid. Since the highest bid I can do isn't even one sack of gems I've basically lost all chances I had of winning as the items I bid on is likely to be worth more than sack...

They've added the one option I dreaded to the auction house. An option to sort by lowest bid. Since the highest bid I can do isn't even one sack of gems I've basically lost all chances I had of winning as the items I bid on is likely to be worth more than sack...

Ah goddamn it. Gonna grab something soon I guess.

The_Monk

just finished Costume Quest 2. easiest recomendtion (or not) ever, sicne basically if you liked the first, youll like the second, as its literally more of the same.

if you didnt like the first, stay away, it has some combat improvements and new costumes and whatnot, but like I said, its mostly the same game. As a fan of th first tho, I liked it

ITs also quite short so easy to finish, took me 5 hours 40mins, I missed the last costume but it wouldnt have changed much since you can only get it at the end anyway

You play Halloween themed games around Christmas time and Christmas themed games around Halloween time (Saints Row IV DLC). :p

Either way, thanks for the impressions. I remember finishing the first one during vacation with Steam offline and then some Achievements got bugged and never worked properly when I went back online but I did have some fun. 6 hours seems to be a decent time for the game.

JaseC

That's an oops. I was going by what was said on Klei's forums.

Yeah, it's an understandable oversight. The only people who got keys for that sub are those who bought the game while it was just a Chrome app. I can't imagine there were many, relatively speaking.

Lomax

Also lowest bids.
I, personally, want to go for GAME UNAVAILABLE THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION, that seems nice.

Well lowest bids is going to reduce anyone's chances at grabbing something super cheap. But quite a few things seems to be settling in a range that I would consider reasonable, so I'm curious if by tomorrow there's some things worth trying for. Otherwise I'll dump my gems on the last day and be ready for the winter sale.

Top Bottom