• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Ruruja

Bayonetta is Gravelord_Nito.

Gravelord_Nito is Bayonetta.

2284284_o.gif

fantomena

Valve has removed Hatred from Steam Greenlight.
"Based on what we've see on Greenlight we would not publish Hatred on Steam. As such we'll be taking it down," Valve's Doug Lombardi told Eurogamer moments ago.

Oh well, no Hatred on Steam I guess.

Don't talk about the game here, the thread got locked.

denx

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205350/discussions/0/846943514174506118/

Uninstall previous GFWL and install the one there. Follow those instructions then open the game and the game would open and load properly with GFWL. After you load your save Data and all Achievements pop up close the game and uninstall or close GFWL ( I uninstalled) then on steam go to beta and activate the beta they have there. When the game loads will automatically load the save data you transferred.

I tried that, but it didn't work, still can't connect to GFWL through ANY game (Dark Souls, Bulletstorm, Mortal Kombat Arcade). So I just downloaded the DS beta version and copy-pasted my previous saves to the folder. It worked... partly, because now achievements are borked and I can't unlock any, not even for things as simple as using a bonfire.

I'm about to give up and just start from scratch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Skara: The Blade Remains -- MB-2B881945730FEE3B - Taken by D3RANG3D
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord -- MB-9F83A480617F6D09 - Taken by topyy

Kiru

Oh god, they added this to TF2, CS:GO and other stuff; for example TF2 Keys:
Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Team Fortress 2 either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. We are making this change to combat fraud and scams, and to help matain a safe and healthy item economy within Team Fortress 2.
Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. We are making this change to combat fraud and scams, and to help matain a safe and healthy item economy within Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the dream is dead

Once again it doesn't really change anything for those who prefer to pay via PayPal. Really, the only thing Valve can do to combat external trading is apply the 30-day cooldown to gifting in addition to trading, but I'll be rather shocked if that actually happens due to the inconvenience it'd cause: "Hey, I saw this on your wishlist and thought you'd like it! But I can't give it to you for a month."

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn. Why is Hatred getting so much hate. Postal is exactly the same game and its fine on Steam with a remake coming out next year.

Perhaps they should have shown a different trailer and then when the game is out on Steam and other services release the actual trailer?

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh god, they added this to TF2, CS:GO and other stuff; for example TF2 Keys:

just a few days ago I found out that trading/gifting is still possible, just a bit more risky and now they do this.

shit.

Damn. Why is Hatred getting so much hate. Postal is exactly the same game and its fine on Steam with a remake coming out next year.

Because no one seems to remember the original Postal, only the silly second Postal.

maty

Congrats, that's a really good bargain even considered the currently high value of gems

nice find! I wonder how I missed it, I thought I checked all puzzle games I don't have, due to their unpopularity and because I like them and already own most, so it was small number.

Thanks, I was between this, Tetrobot and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood which seemed to go for normal prices and where on my wishlist. There are several cheaper games if you are only interested in the badge.

I had only 4000 gems after selling most of them, luckily I won something so I sold what a I had left.

Free speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

Neither is this censorship.
I don't want to derail this thread, but I do want to interject a disagreement. Private censorship is a thing. In this case, it's what you would call "corporate censorship. That is what happened with the game. That doesn't make it an inherently bad thing, but private censorship is as much of a reality as public censorship. It happens routinely in the music and movie industries. Corporations deny artists/creators access to the marketplace and to their distribution methods. That in of itself is a form of speech.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fresh reinstall of Dark Souls swapped over to Beta branch.

-Fresh new save file
-No achievements imported
-4K internal res for "HD Remaster" playthrough
-4K in-game res to use the DSR filter instead of DSFix's
-Highest quality AO
-Tasteful AO setting at a "low" strength

ibdD3UCVk6nA4I.gif

Top Bottom