• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

I don't get this auction thing. Take for example Momodora III, costs $5 and the highest bid is 5,100 already. I mean, at that rate you are better off buying the bloody game rather than stressing into a bid war...

Some bids are simply baffling. I mean, Valkyria Chronicles is at 33k gems. Given 1k gems are almost $1 atm. That's $33. Words fail me. Given how GMG and others sell the game for even cheaper than its base price with coupons and such, this is aimed at the younger portion of the user base who can't buy things, right? Else I can't make heads or tails of this whole situation.

This is, as we say in spanish from Argentina "un negocio redondo" for Valve.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get this auction thing. Take for example Momodora III, costs $5 and the highest bid is 5,100 already. I mean, at that rate you are better off buying the bloody game rather than stressing into a bid war...

Some bids are simply baffling. I mean, Valkyria Chronicles is at 33k gems. Given 1k gems are almost $1 atm. That's $33. Words fail me. Given how GMG and others sell the game for even cheaper than its base price with coupons and such, this is aimed at the younger portion of the user base who can't buy things, right? Else I can't make heads or tails of this whole situation.

Standard Auction/Gambling behavior. There is nothing unusual about the situation.

I got like 3000 gems from clearing out all the stupid backgrounds and emotes I had sitting on the market not selling for $.03. If I had kept all those extra emotes and backgrounds I donated to others, I'm sure I'd have had 6000+ gems for no cost to myself other than cleaning up stuff that didn't sell.

And that alone would get me momodora III for free, apparently.

You can't assume that everyone is buying sacks of gems to get the required amount to win an item. That's faulty logic. :p

Jawmuncher

So it's time for Valve to let people sell games that promotes hate and racism in their store?

Games are games.
Just like movies are movies.

Never understood why one can do it and not the other.

Also the only info I had was that you run around and kill stuff. Similar to postal just that it didn't have the humor.

Pupo

Mal, altos bananas, yo gasté 12 gemas a ver si gano algo (?)
Anyway, you're right, this auction thing is no sense imo.

MUnited83

For you.

just imagine that many people got dozens of thousands of gems at 0.30 per 1k. Dont think with current prices.

This is a neat game that I won from the auction

It's twin stick shooter with an rpg-like upgrade system. It can be a little grindy but it's perfect for short play sessions plus it has local co-op. i dunno i just think it's a cute game.

It also has fun backgrounds
1280x800

If you're looking for something to pickup near the end of the winter seal i'd put it on your wishlist and hope for a decent discount or you should bid on it since it's pretty cheap under 4000 gems.

Uzzy

Hatred is a vile game, made by vile people and designed to be played by the vilest of people. But I am uncomfortable with Valve deciding, on a moral stance, to become gatekeepers for their store, especially after so much talk from Valve recently about wanting to step away from that role.

just imagine that many people got dozens of thousands of gems at 0.30 per 1k. Dont think with current prices.

Ah, that makes more sense then. I didn't even bother to check this until today, heh, too busy with Valkyria Chronicles and other things.

Never checked out eBay? o_O

Nope. Given where I live I prefer not to deal with eBay since it would be an obvious target for the customs, making any bidding/dealing become way too costly.

Mal, altos bananas, yo gasté 12 gemas a ver si gano algo (?)
Anyway, you're right, this auction thing is no sense imo.
Quién entiende a esta gente, ¿no? En fin, no sé, habría sido más lindo que no destruyeran el mercado de cartas, como para poder vender todo lo que sobra y llenar la Steam Wallet. A este ritmo, con los boosters... Tch, tch.

Hoping Wolfenstein: TNO is in the Winter Sale. I checked Enhanced Steam to see what the current lowest price was and it said Gamestop had it for $30 but they don't.

vergil returns in dmc4 se

that's pretty much it

what about them steam auctions? are they actually reasonable auctions going on now? the first day was just silly, was better off just buying the game. and how are the steam card prices, did they drop drastically? I like crafting badges for games i enjoy :3 id check myself but steam mobile doesn't do that, well at least on android

Phinor

Once again it doesn't really change anything for those who prefer to pay via PayPal.

It will however turn more and more people towards the Paypal route which is even less secure for the buyer because every seller uses the "family&friends" route to avoid extra Paypal fees.

It will help Valve directly, but customers are once again losing ground.

Chariot

Reminds me, that I'm still not over FFXIII. I don't want this game, I know what happens, I heard about the blandness of the gameplay. And yet... it looks so pretty! >:I

vergil returns in dmc4 se

that's pretty much it

What in the holy fuck?
How did someone not tell me about this?!

I just can't buy that hunter : primal

19.99 is too much for me on a EA title.

Russia, my friend.

Reminds me, that I'm still not over FFXIII. I don't want this game, I know what happens, I heard about the blandness of the gameplay. And yet... it looks so pretty! >:I

Good, leave my beloved FFXIII alone and go relish in your VC.

Anteater

what about them steam auctions? are they actually reasonable auctions going on now? the first day was just silly, was better off just buying the game. and how are the steam card prices, did they drop drastically? I like crafting badges for games i enjoy :3 id check myself but steam mobile doesn't do that, well at least on android

don't have a clue :D

What in the holy fuck?
How did someone not tell me about this?!

he has fucking returned

M4IM949.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It will however turn more and more people towards the Paypal route which is even less secure for the buyer because every seller uses the "family&friends" route to avoid extra Paypal fees.

It will help Valve directly, but customers are once again losing ground.

Sure, I don't dispute that PayPal requires more due diligence; I was simply making the point that two-way trades aren't the be-all end end-all of trading (i.e. the dream isn't dead).

Top Bottom