• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

If that's what's used to "purchase" from other regions how do they turn it to money/profit? Do they just resell it at a premium in their market or trade with higher value?

Their games are cheaper (but new games are usually region locked so the keys business doesn't work there)

It's not a very good time to start, though. Now you need to have a personal Russian bear to help you, because you need to trust them enough to give them your keys and also hope not to get chargebacked.

zkylon

zkylewd
Vergil for DMC 4 SE.
It's Virgil as a new playable character in DMC4. Probably a bunch of other improvements too.
basically a "remastered" for dmc4 but they haven't released any info on what they have improved other than a teaser that vergil will be returning.

it could mean a new scenario with vergil and it might lead to a new dmc game :D

THE TIME HAS COME
its a re-release of DMC4 (and DmC too, even tho everyone is ignoring it pretending Capcom is only re-releasing DMC4 in silly hopes that THE REAL DMC IS BACK AND DMC5 WILL BE MADE) on current gen consoles, like every game aparently is being re-released >_>
hmm, i guess that's sort of exciting but yeah, anything short of dmc5 is kind of disappointing i guess

like, i'm not too keen about spending $30 on dmc4 or something

Grief.exe

Good recommendation for a cheap, SteamGAF approved Early Access game.

KAldPKs.png

hmm, i guess that's sort of exciting but yeah, anything short of dmc5 is kind of disappointing i guess

like, i'm not too keen about spending $30 on dmc4 or something

Especially when we can already play DMC4 at 8K and whatever frame rate we want.

I swear this console generation is like we took a time machine back to 2008. We are just now getting to 1080p/60?

sooo.... steamworks dark souls doesn't support dsfix eh?

It does.

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=652

Cerity

You guys remember that pricing error awhile back?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952558.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls #1 -- MB-5674FF05DA6F6997 - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls #2 -- MB-5D2FBE670A469A45 - Taken by Jadax. 1 entrants total.
Dark Souls #3 -- MB-9CDAA2DDA22DF411 - Taken by TP. 11 entrants total.
Dark Souls #4 -- MB-9166574D26076B77 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 24 entrants total.
DArk Souls #5 -- MB-D021A302E57792DC - Taken by Persona7. 1 entrants total.

t1418690810z1.png

Durante's just fixed it.

I knew Valve's decision to pull that from GL would rile some people up, they were never going to win no matter what they choose, but for GGers to attack them? ....

Anteater

Especially when we can already play DMC4 at 8K and whatever frame rate we want.

I swear this console generation is like we took a time machine back to 2008. We are just now getting to 1080p/60?

well people aren't giving a shit about the graphical upgrades tbh, and dmc4 was already 720p and 60fps so the improvements shouldn't be that great, people are more excited about the new scenario and what it might possibly mean for the future of the series, plus dmc4 isn't exactly perfect so there could be other improvements that could be made for the game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I managed to win Residue for 1700 gems, so I don't feel the need to use the auction again.

Nice to own it now, since I didn't pick up the one bundle it was in.

Videospel

Sack of gems are now around €0.8. Do you think the price will keep increasing?
I got some before that I was thinking of selling close to when the price peaks.

_hekk05

Banned
First, if you're going to jump back into payday 2 for Clover, it's $5 for her character.
Second, if you have interest in the Diamond Heist that they're pairing with her, it's $7. So you get to drop $12 if you want to play as her in this new diamond heist.

I love PAYDAY 2, and I'd love to get the rest of my achievements, but I will not be spending $12 on this.

I'm gonna be with frost on this. Its not like there's a lack of things in payday to do. I can wait til spring or summer sale, where there is going to be a 75% off clover's dlc.

Muh backlog calls for me from the shadows

MUnited83

For you.
http://steamcommunity.com/auction/item/1508-Subnautica

Subnautica is a pretty good get for this price. It's still not available for purchase on Steam and it's 35$ on the developer's site.

Further more, the last three auctions had that exact same guy bidding those 11 600 gems. The game was sniped those three times for a last minute bid(including me). I recommend for you to do the same, snipe it at the last minute.(bidding now would rise up the price )

Nzyme32

I know I am ridiculously late to this, but now that GFWL is gone from Dark Souls, and somehow the game is running more stably that I can get past the first bonfire and play a good half hour....

Holy shit. I'm really liking Dark Souls at my care free pace of don't know what the fuck I'm doing or even how to control my guy, but, really liking the atmosphere, roaming the ruins and working out how to fight the crazy undead!!

It does. Just not the framerate unlock yet. Either the guy who did that bit will fix it, or someone else who posted something to Durante "may" have a fix, otherwise, github has stuff for someone else to work it out.

EDIT - Everyone is way ahead of me. Game is already fixed!

Smash88

Banned
I don't understand all these people that are bidding for that christmas profile, when it will just disappear on Jan. 16th. People are literally throwing money away anywhere from $60-90 over a profile that is gone afterwards.

It does. Just not the framerate unlock yet. Either the guy who did that bit will fix it, or someone else who posted something to Durante "may" have a fix, otherwise, github has stuff for someone else to work it out.

Durante already fixed it.

Grief.exe

KtSlime

It's usually Tuesdays for the main bundle.

If by "dead" you mean still doing new bundles, then yes.

I keep checking every Tuesday. (not sure when Tuesday, but it's Tuesday here now) and it has said:

Promotion unavailable

Sorry, Humble SEGA Bundle is currently unavailable in your area.

In the meantime, check out our other great promotions.

Since sometime in November. Sega is the worst.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Someone hungry for some Dark Souls?*

4B2HY-YHRTV-9FDHT-DTQVV-V7MY4

Quote to Reveal

*DISCLAIMER: I'm unsure whether the key is going to work or not, but seeing as it worked when SF4 migrated to Steamworks I figured it should apply here as well.

The key *might* also be taken as I posted it in the Dark Souls Steamworks topic, no one has come forth and claimed it however so I'll post it here as well.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand all these people that are bidding for that christmas profile, when it will just disappear on Jan. 16th. People are literally throwing money away anywhere from $60-90 over a profile that is gone afterwards.

The badge is permanent though :p

I dont get it

people are bidding 26k gems on counter strike go

that's 25 bucks

game is 15 bucks

why
26x0.30$ = 7.8$

Nzyme32

Actually, frame rate is all good

It was actually someone else who did the 60 FPS portion.

Just heard. Wonderful!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So apparently if you get the "win an auction" badge first, you can't get the exp for the lower levels. Is that right? That seems to be the case for me.

I think the auction badge is only worth 100XP, regardless of it's level.

Top Bottom