• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Kaleinc

Banned
Ok, I looked up DMCs trailer. DmC is beyond salvation and more importantly when Vergil says I need more power - it's Nero's voice actor.

Lomax

I keep checking every Tuesday. (not sure when Tuesday, but it's Tuesday here now) and it has said:

Since sometime in November. Sega is the worst.

The Sega bundle ended last Tuesday and we didn't get a new bundle then. So while it has been three weeks without a main bundle for you, it's only been a week for most of us.

It wasn't that long ago they a couple bundles a year and nothing in between...

You guys remember that pricing error awhile back?

[copies of Dark Souls]

Which one do I enter for? It's ModBot roulette.

Someone hungry for some Dark Souls?*

4B2HY-YHRTV-9FDHT-DTQVV-V7MY4

Quote to Reveal

*DISCLAIMER: I'm unsure whether the key is going to work or not, but seeing as it worked when SF4 migrated to Steamworks I figured it should apply here as well.

The key *might* also be taken as I posted it in the Dark Souls Steamworks topic, no one has come forth and claimed it however so I'll post it here as well.

It's taken. And your "quote to reveal" code wasn't working :p

Anustart

What a game right? One of my favourites from last year. Also, jumping is the best ending.

What a game indeed. It has the feels of to the moon, but actual gameplay so its not dog shit like to the moon.

I needed help on 2 puzzles though :(

Also, does Ds key activate a new copy now? No one has answered when I asked in other topic. I'm leaning towards no.

Lastly, how would it be possible to get badge for winning auction but miss the other two? You have to bid to win, there's 100exp and having gems to bid with is the other. Why people freaking out?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Which one do I enter for? It's ModBot roulette.

It's taken. And your "quote to reveal" code wasn't working :p

Really? But I used the email tag like you're supposed to! Argh! I at the very least hope a lurker didn't snatch it.

Oh well, whoever you are, enjoy. Now we know just straight up giving your old GFWL code away works at least.

Lomax

The fact that retail keys were both GFWL and Steamworks from the beginning is so bizarre. And given the rumors of GFWLv2, it's still a wonder it got removed at all.

Ok, I looked up DMCs trailer. DmC is beyond salvation and more importantly when Vergil says I need more power - it's Nero's voice actor.

Capcom needs that money by any means at this point.

It seems like most of the ps4 library is either remasterings or cross gen titles. I think that's the thing mostly holding me back from getting one

Aww yeah, just got Leviathan: Last Day of the Decade for just over 3,000 gems. Given I haven't had to buy any gems, it's all from trashed background and emoticons, and it was on my Wishlist, i'm quite satisfied with this outcome.

Anustart

Not really digging Risk of Rain. Sure it's like a side scrolling Binding of Isaac, if it took Isaac 2000 tears to kill each enemy :/

Well, I burned my 4k+ gems I had and won two auctions. 2k each. Feels good because both games were $10 and $20 respectively. At least this way the gems did work... Still have some wallet cash left for the sale. Shame card value has plummeted greatly with all the booster crafting. I guess foils still somewhat retain their value?

edit:

Abenomics? More like Gabenomics.

Also, a bunch of the Artifex Mundi hidden object / light-adventure games are super cheap in the gem auctions at the moment. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (the one that basically steals Rapture from Bioshock as it's setting) is well below < 2,000 as the winning bid at the moment. There are a bunch of other as well.

Abyss is pretty great, as are the Nightmares from the Deep ones.

derExperte

The gem price has decided to continue its journey upwards.

Also if anyone interested missed it earlier, Pinball Arcade Season 1 & 2 are 50% off for the next two weeks. Which is rather remarkable.

Ok, it's my turn to ask a stupid question now...

GFWL DS patch -- do I need to opt into the beta? Or is it full on live?

--

Not really digging Risk of Rain. Sure it's like a side scrolling Binding of Isaac, if it took Isaac 2000 tears to kill each enemy :/

It does take 2000 tears to kill each enemy in BoI, at least in my experiences. :p

Arthea

Aww yeah, just got Leviathan: Last Day of the Decade for just over 3,000 gems. Given I haven't had to buy any gems, it's all from trashed background and emoticons, and it was on my Wishlist, i'm quite satisfied with this outcome.

you guys are getting all games I want, first Yakkue, now you!

Grief.exe

Ok, it's my turn to ask a stupid question now...

GFWL DS patch -- do I need to opt into the beta? Or is it full on live?

This will give you instructions.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/626329187083042093/

Steps I have done

• Installed the GFWL version.
  • Ran Steam first time set up.
  • Uninstalled GFWL and performed various Windows 8 fixes.
  • Restored my save via Game Save Manager, then launched the GFWL version one last time to confirm.
  • Opted into beta, launched, installed DSfix.

StAidan

No kidding. I sold all my sacks around 0.70, which is kind of unfortunate but I'm not dwelling on that. I've made pretty good money from badge-crafting myself up to level 40 and selling the spoils in the new higher market.

I wonder how much of the gem stuff they'll keep around after the sale, or if it will even be possible to recycle junk when it's over. Leaving those mechanics enabled could be a winning proposition for ensuring the rarity of "rare" items, and maybe even keeping common prices above 3 cents.

Lomax

Also if anyone interested missed it earlier, Pinball Arcade Season 1 & 2 are 50% off for the next two weeks. Which is rather remarkable.

Wow nice, I think it's finally time to pull the trigger on these.

Last I checked they aren't region locked and only like $5 per season RU.

No kidding. I sold all my sacks around 0.70, which is kind of unfortunate but I'm not dwelling on that. I've made pretty good money from badge-crafting myself up to level 40 and selling the spoils in the new higher market.

I wonder how much of the gem stuff they'll keep around after the sale, or if it will even be possible to recycle junk when it's over. Leaving those mechanics enabled could be a winning proposition for ensuring the rarity of "rare" items, and maybe even keeping common prices above 3 cents.

It's quite clear that gems and booster crafting will remain after the auction. What we don't know is if gems will have any role during the winter event.

iosefe

Does it mean we can have a discount more than 40% off for a change?

More seriously, does that mean it's now feature complete?

all features that were intended from original concept are in, and now they work on new features

*making thread now. hope i don't get sniped

MUnited83

For you.
Does it mean we can have a discount more than 40% off for a change?

More seriously, does that mean it's now feature complete?

The price has been slowly increasing over the months. Maybe it will have more than 40% off on the next sale but it will still cost more than the last time it went on sale for 40% :p

Top Bottom