• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lomax

The price has been slowly increasing over the months. Maybe it will have more than 40% off on the next sale but it will still cost more than the last time it went on sale for 40% :p

Yeah I know x.x I regret not buying it a couple of years ago so now I just wait. It's amazing how many times it's been exactly 40% off though, even as the price increased.

iosefe

The price has been slowly increasing over the months. Maybe it will have more than 40% off on the next sale but it will still cost more than the last time it went on sale for 40% :p

we knew it would do that going in if we read the fine print. call the lower price an Early adopter Bonus

(got it for $15 prior to steam)

This will give you instructions.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/626329187083042093/

Steps I have done

• Installed the GFWL version.
  • Ran Steam first time set up.
  • Uninstalled GFWL and performed various Windows 8 fixes.
  • Restored my save via Game Save Manager, then launched the GFWL version one last time to confirm.
  • Opted into beta, launched, installed DSfix.

Thanks, but I have no game saves to migrate... all my 120 hours were spent on PS3. I get to start fresh; I may have made it out of the asylum at one point, but I didn't do anything worthy of worrying about it... I've been patiently waiting for the patch to start.

derExperte

I want the option to sell gems short. The crash will come.

Should I wait to sell my six sacks of gems or should I wait for the price to go even higher?

Well if you had more I'd say sell piecemeal but if I didn't do that myself I'd have a bunch of sacks more now which would be worth quite a few €. We're in uncharted territory so to say, no one knows where this train will stop.

Turfster

Why do idiots keep overbidding me on various games?
If we all just stuck to the same fucking price that won the last time, we'd all get a copy for less.

tmarg

Well if you had more I'd say sell piecemeal but if I didn't I'd have 10€ more now. We're in uncharted territory so to say, no one knows where this train will stop.

It seems like prices for gems have to eventually fall, I think they are now worth more than anything you could possibly do with them. I doubt there are any boosters worth more than the amount of gems needed to craft them, and the auction prices are crazy. That said, who knows how long it will take for the general steam community to realize that fact.

XShagrath

I'm conflicted on if I should sell my gems or if I might be able to eek out a game or two and save myself maybe a couple dollars over buying them during the sale.

If gems hit $1.50 before I put in my bids, that would probably be my tipping point.

ExoSoul

Banned
While we're talking about badges:
If I craft one, do I lose the cards and the ability too see the description/big image each of them contain?

Parsnip

Thanks, but I have no game saves to migrate... all my 120 hours were spent on PS3. I get to start fresh; I may have made it out of the asylum at one point, but I didn't do anything worthy of worrying about it... I've been patiently waiting for the patch to start.

Then it's even easier. I didn't see if you got another answer to this already, but if you don't want to import anything, all you have to do is opt-in for the 2.0 branch and install the game. That's what I did as well.

yuraya

To be fair, a lot of those requests are kind of silly. Like my 200 request to buy @ $0.03 that I left up :p

I know. But still the demand is much higher than supply. Not enough gems to go around to feed the masses. The thirst is real.

At times like this I really envy those people out there who have like level 300+ profiles n stuff. Just imagine how much junk they've accumulated over the years. Now all of is worth valuable gems.

*shakes fist* @ all those crazies.

Lomax

Holiday cards trending up or down? Got a foil Rhombus and dunno if I should liquidate now.

They are slowly trending up but history says they will spike when the event is released and then drop once people start getting free cards from voting.

Edit: Though that's regular cards, with foils, you might just want to sell. Haven't really watched that market as close personally but I doubt it has as much of a spike in demand.

Maniac

Banned
It seems that more people are playing Dark Souls than Dark Souls II at the moment on Steam.

It's the superior game afterall :3

And FOOK! Someone sniped me with TEN SECONDS LEFT on an auction -_-...

Bastard...
http://steamcommunity.com/auction/item/1508-Subnautica

Subnautica is a pretty good get for this price. It's still not available for purchase on Steam and it's 35$ on the developer's site.

Further more, the last three auctions had that exact same guy bidding those 11 600 gems. The game was sniped those three times for a last minute bid(including me). I recommend for you to do the same, snipe it at the last minute.(bidding now would rise up the price )

I got out-sniped, so... Here I am, sitting at the high-bidder thing, like a dang fool. :|
Add to that new policy for market purchases and Steam Trading is practically dead.

Hah... Haha... No. It's more in line with it's original purpose.

MUnited83

For you.
and them gem prices keep on rising, dayum. Might sell the rest of mine, not sure yet. Already won most games I was interested in.

Btw,

PSA: Buy TF2 keys now and you will still be able to use them before the half of the Steam Winter Sale.

MUnited83

For you.
Are there any actually good deals via the auction? As in, they're going for less than their lowest recorded price?

Damn Australians.

There's several ones, yeah. There's one last one I want going for 10 000 gems and lowest recorded price is 30 euros.(not saying what it is for obvious reasons :p)

Monkey Tales Games goes for 3000 gems and the cheapest it has been is 7.5 euros.

1953: Nato vs Warsaw Pact goes for 4000/5000 gems and the lowest recorded price is something like 13.5 euros.

There's plenty of good deals if you search for them :)

Lomax

Not sure when they updated it, but you can now see your position in the auction even if you're not in the top 100.

Thank you! I'll get started crafting the ones that are ready. Do you have to be a certain level to get the items?

No, every badge gives an emoticon, background, and typically a coupon but during events like this it is replaced with an event card.

Top Bottom