• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Being skeptical is fine. But saying it's turning into a regular controller is silly. If they ditch the left trackpad for another analog stick or 4 button diamonds, then people can start saying that :p

Valve is trying to unify two disparate control methods via their controller. If this ends up anything like attempts at unified console/PC UI, it will not satisfy either camp while making the experience worse for all.

I remain firmly entrenched in my skepticism.

It would certainly be a brave decision for them to not release on Steam.

Is that confirmed? Because the only reason to do that is to avoid in-game microtransaction cuts to Valve... which I wouldn't have thought Elite was in favour of.

Hatred removed from Steam greenlight.

jpg.jpg

http://www.neowin.net/news/controversial-mass-murdering-game-removed-from-steam-greenlight

Yeah, devs said that they'll contact GOG and if they don't support them devs will sale the game directly on their site!

r3n4ud

For Jase:

Instant 'Skins for the Win' DLC pack - Ready to wear in-game now!
Hazmat Eliza
Cap'n Cog
2080 Juan
Spaced Out Tony
Al CaStone
Immediate BETA access, and the full game from launch and beyond.

A free copy of Ace of Spades: Battle Builder!

If you pre-order Battle'n'Load
I believe it's Block N Load

GaussTek

Probably already answered, so sorry about that...

If I own Dark Souls, does the GFWL key works to get another copy of the game, just like SFIV:AC?

MUnited83

For you.
For Jase:

Instant 'Skins for the Win' DLC pack - Ready to wear in-game now!
Hazmat Eliza
Cap'n Cog
2080 Juan
Spaced Out Tony
Al CaStone
Immediate BETA access, and the full game from launch and beyond.

A free copy of Ace of Spades: Battle Builder!

If you pre-order Battle'n'Load

Was this in a bundle? How the hell does more than 30 people on my friendslits own it already?

Sini

If I own Dark Souls, does the GFWL key works to get another copy of the game, just like SFIV:AC?
I asked that question three times today, but no one wanted to answer it here.
My GFWL key was already associated with my Steam account so I think answer is no.

I really wasn't trying and I only missed 3 Chievos. Sort of non spoilery tip if you want to get them all. You'll notice in the menu that you have x out of y counters for collectables for the story area you are in but there's one area a bit further in at a museum. Make sure to grab everything while you're there as you can't go back and freeroam like everywhere else.

BROTIP: There's only one area you can't revisit once you've activated the finale.
The Museum.

So long as you clear that out, you can 100% the game on the first playthrough.

Sweet. So you can go back to any previous level and tool around? Fantastic news. Pretty sure I missed some things in the first apartment.

MUnited83

For you.
My GFWL key didn't was already associated with my Steam account so I think answer is no.

If you bought the game directly from Steam, the key will work.

If you bought the game somewhere else, it won't work.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

yogloo

Decisions decision. Should I try to grab one premium game or several cool games on the auction?

The golf club or (Robin hood + Motorsport evolution + Riptide GP)

madjoki

If you bought directly from steam. If you already activated using GFWL key, it would be same you used to activate with.

(Keys from Amazon $2.50 sale year ago or so were GFWL-keys, that activated on Steam).

GaussTek

My GFWL key was already associated with my Steam account so I think answer is no.

If you bought the game directly from Steam, the key will work.

If you bought the game somewhere else, it won't work.

Alright guys, thanks! Will try to give away it here a bit later, warning ofc that it may be a chance it doesn't work :hehe P

Edit. @madjoki Yeah, it was from Steam, haven't used the GFWL key, so I guess it'll work.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I really should lurk and post some more in the Steam threads. I feel like everytime something PC gaming related happens I find out when it's already old news.
And some of the people here are pretty nice.
Some of them.

So, here's one for some of them, or the other one.
Aaand ModBot's still not responding. No problem, that just means things are going a bit differently. Here's hoping it's appreciated;

header.jpg

I'm giving away a steamgift called The Walking Dead: Season 2.
If your interested; post something about your favorite steamgame that's available for under ten bucks. I don't care how, make a drawing, do what you want.
The most interesting or creative entry get's the game, and I'll give away the title he or she posted about tomorrow.
I'll select an entry in three hours.

Happy Hanukkah!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've been saving some keys that I got helping a friend, but since I live in Brazil, things are cheap enough down here, so I rarely ever trade them. They're only useful when Russian traders list things below cost (some crazy pricing mistake or really low discounts on games and the seller doesn't want to make a buck).

Since the Russian pricing equality rumour started, and key prices are somewhat reasonable, I decided to sell all of them ahead of the curve - as more people hears about it, they'll want to dump their keys, which will bring the overall price down and, if it actually becomes a reality, key prices will probably plummet.

Sadly, I listed two keys at the wrong price (missed the order in which I typed the numbers), which means I got a dollar less from each of them than all the other keys, which means that any profit I would have from the keys was consumed by this mistake.

I didn't lose any money (managed to trade a game for keys for half the price it was in my local Store), but I didn't make any either.

I hate the stock market. I know Salsa liquidated all his gems, but I believe we'll see another price bump today - gems already went down in price from yesterday to today, so this might be the last night.

Parsnip

Looking at my activity feed all I see is lots of people 'unlocking' a shit load of Dark Souls achievements (well that and Ozium still banging on about that Dragon game). Like an amount too quickly to be earned all at once. When I finally get round to knocking out the last of the GFWL Achievements I'm going to start up a fresh save and get all the Steam ones fair and square from actually playing the game.
Yeah, I hate seeing all achievements with the same unlock date too so I started a fresh save. The achievement set isn't particularly hard anyways and it's ton of fun replaying the game for a 3rd time.
Preach it.
Achievements are a perfect excuse to play a fresh character.
I rang the top bell yesterday.

madjoki

I hate the stock market. I know Salsa liquidated all his gems, but I believe we'll see another price bump today - gems already went down in price from yesterday to today, so this might be the last night.

I expect prices to increase a lot before auctions ends thursday, with people trying to secure last bids, before crashing to very low value (0.3€-ish).

Anustart

Went ahead and decided to venture to Oolacile. Might as well do everything I can before putting the game down for good. Killed the first boss in there so far. Anyone know how long it takes to finish this dlc?

neoemonk

I looked at my inventory and looked at the price of games in gems and am truly baffled how people have so many. I might be able to scrape together 800 or so.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone think gem prices are gonna go up more than they have? I have all mine sitting at a sell price of 1.50, but it doesn't seem to be moving from that 1.20-1.25 sweet spot, so I'm thinking I might just sell at that amount.

Turfster

Bundlestars has Lords of the Fallen 40% off, Enemy Front 75% off, Stalker CoP 65% off, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 75 % off

I really should lurk and post some more in the Steam threads. I feel like everytime something PC gaming related happens I find out when it's already old news.
And some of the people here are pretty nice.
Some of them.
Am I one of them?

Water

People bought like 90% of all backgrounds and emotes available on the market and turned them into gems.

With the badge crafting I've done over the last three sales, just the crap in my own inventory turned into 50k gems. I'd have sold them before but most of them have been 0.03-0.04e, unsellable or not worth the trouble.

Went ahead and decided to venture to Oolacile. Might as well do everything I can before putting the game down for good. Killed the first boss in there so far. Anyone know how long it takes to finish this dlc?

4 to 6 solid hours for the main content and a couple more hours, always depending on how you take on Kalameet. It's not too long but the bosses are some of the best around!

Water

Anyone think gem prices are gonna go up more than they have? I have all mine sitting at a sell price of 1.50, but it doesn't seem to be moving from that 1.20-1.25 sweet spot, so I'm thinking I might just sell at that amount.

Yes, they're going up. They are randomly stalling a bit right now due to psychological effects (the price is right at the 1 euro mark), but there's no reason for them to go down at this point, and the trade volume has increased 50% so things can move fast when they get going.

Is it worth buying backgrounds and emoticons for gems now?

The free market will take care of such concerns. Or you could use a calculator.

Gems from one owning backgrounds/emotes will always be worked to be balanced against buying Gem Sacks from every participant in the respective element of the market.

inm8num2

I don't think they'll go higher than $1.30 or so. The auctions end in about 48 hours, and I expect bids to go up (assuming that's why people bought gems). At the same time other people who haven't accumulated as many gems might give up on auctions or just want to get rid of gems via selling.

I could be way off, though.

dex3108

Not sure if anyone posted them already, but there are some quick comparisons of PC & PS4 MGSV:GZ that were posted. I think you have to right click the vids and choose loop to make proper use of them. Looks good.

AO is really good i hope that GTA V will get some kind of AO on PC.

Top Bottom