• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

And
.already have 23 / 50 games from the first two pages of the title listing

I feel you, I own alredy most of the stuff listed, but this means that we both have a decent Steam game library to start with.
.don't like Saints Row IV (I didn't even install and play SR III I have in my library)

I would say that you're missing out if you have never tried out SRIII, but if you don't even like SRIV that's just different strokes I suppose.

And again
.already have more than half of the top user rated indie games
.LYNE looks nice

Yeah, it is nice, although I like Hexcells much better.

oh and I recommend Hexcells too

I second this, the first one is good and + is even better.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Full disclosure: I already received a key for this nostalgia kick from a very nice gaffer a little while ago. I now have a double thanks to Bundlestars, though, so it's time to give something back.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spy Fox in Dry Cereal -- MB-BC3E2100A9A8F3A5 - Taken by roadrunn3r

The Saints Row IV GOTG Upgrade is the only thing i've bought during this Steamsale. Cheapest Steamsale yet.
GMG had some more impressive deals, honestly. Which sounds really weird when said out loud.
Not that I mind. I've already spent a whole lot of moolah on other stuff the last couple of months, so it might have been a good thing, heh.

ArynCrinn

Banned
So basically you're like the Hannibal Lector of being a jackass.

Yeah, I suppose that's a accurate dilution. Lots of eyeball to eyeball verbal and body language nuances I can't really describe go into this though. As well as the fact all the "tactics" that are commonly lectured to counter psychopaths/narcissists I've reversed and are not applicable at how to deal with the games I play.

Anteater

I played the kane & lynch demo on the ps3, it was really horrible, they even couldn't get simple things like hit detections right and it was just terrible to play. One of the worst demos I've played next to WET and ironman.

zkylon

zkylewd
Saw this:
Recommended By Curators
"This game is a badass.If you compare GTA with this game GTA is for kids! If you didn't try it already...TRY IT! WORTH IT! 9/10"

Yeah no.

yea that's a stupid review

but it's an interesting game in the vein of something like spec ops the line

you're a pill popping violent criminal who cares about nothing but himself, who has a history of being an asshole even by criminal standards. it's a action shooter inspired by movies like heat but none of the action ever feels good or satisfying. part of it is that it's just not that great of a game but it somehow works out and it gives the game a sort of a numb lack of enjoyment that you can't really tell when you've shot someone or killed them or even care. you're a desensitized monster and people in your way are just blocks you gotta jump on to get to the next checkpoint. civilians or police or mobsters, it really doesn't matter, just keep shooting and move on

i think kane and lynch is kind of the max payne 3 if the story had taken over the gameplay.

while max payne 3 has a marked disassociation between badass slowmotion diving akimbo gameplay max and the good for nothing drunk cutscene max, in kane and lynch you play and you watch as the same kane, for better or worse. cutscene kane is not lamenting about the completely innocent people he's just murdered as a way of making an exit out of a night club, he's just doesn't give a shit. and gameplay kane doesn't give a shit either, random pedestrians make for good cover, that about it.

i think it's a pretty interesting game, not necessarily something you play because you want to have a good time but certainly a pretty solid attempt at character study that imo works fairly well

I played the kane & lynch demo on the ps3, it was really horrible, they even couldn't get simple things like hit detections right and it was just terrible to play. One of the worst demos I've played next to WET and ironman.
i agree, it's a pretty awful game as far as gameplay is concerned

i believe there's something to be appreciated in its story and general experience tho

i think that for a bit under 2 bucks it's definitely worth going through if what i said above sounds interesting

or maybe it's just me

kane and lynch for like $1.75 is pretty good

it's not a very fun game but then again i'd argue that game was made with that intent

its got a really good story and pretty strong characters, actually

i liked it a lot

kane & lynch 2 has a less compelling story but it's got a very interesting art direction so i'd say it's also worth a shot

combined they're $5 in a pack with all the dlc but i'd recommend skipping the pack and just buying the games separate. the multiplayer i played wasn't terrible or anything (it actually had a few interesting elements) but it's not really worth to pay money for like masks or guns or whatever. you're not gonna play kane & lynch 2 multiplayer more than once or twice at best

edit: oh and imo kane and lynch 2 has probably a top 3 main menu in gaming history. probably exagerating but it's really good
I played the first Kane & Lynch ages ago on 360 and liked the couple hours I played it.

Nzyme32

apparently I passed 700 steam games

my steam account is like 6 months old....

I just got to 700 yesterday, but I've been using steam for 10 years. Still, I think it is time for me to actually work through the backlog more.

Lol probably not going to happen

hepburn3d

I didn't buy a single thing in the sale :| every time I saw a game for dirt cheap I couldn't help but think "I haven't played the one before it yet, that I got last time". Going to attempt the 52 games in a year next year to get through the back log.

Arthea

Don't you actually have to finish and review game if you got it this way, what if you hate it?
as you can see, it's not my way (><)

Wouldn't he/she know if he/she sent you the codes?
And more importantly: are you hoping? You've gotta hope really hard!

I meant I'll let you guys know if the begging works.

Here's a little something to help with the begging.

joshiraku6.png

Deques

Funny thing is, I never asked for review code for the game, received it automatically.

It's even better life than asking for review codes!!

My wants would make it unable to be published on the Steam store.

It's possible to make it available by making the parts that's not appropriate to the Steam audience by making them unavailable. But can be available through a "unofficial" patch

Dr Dogg

Hey what's better than a review code? Going around telling people you got a review code for free! Not telling you about said game, how it plays, should you buy it or not, any bugs etc no just say you got a code. Games journalism 101 (just go check some twitter accounts of folks who work in the gaming press).

I just got to 700 yesterday, but I've been using steam for 10 years. Still, I think it is time for me to actually work through the backlog more.

Lol probably not going to happen

I got 14 games, all of them gifts from GAFers! I'm waiting for Ground Zeroes to drop before I buy my first :p

I haven't even started playing yet, just got a GPU yesterday and I want to format and reinstall Windows first because I haven't done so since 2010 and my PC is currently an unappealing mess :O

Hey what's better than a review code? Going around telling people you got a review code for free! Not telling you about said game, how it plays, should you buy it or not, any bugs etc no just say you got a code. Games journalism 101 (just go check some twitter accounts of folks who work in the gaming press).

I remember all these unboxing vids of some press releases of games a few years ago...

Arthea

well, it is a stealth bragging thread after all, starting from 970s to gamecount, to free games, to cheevos, what do you expect? (><)
journos are people too, and people like to brag!

Random question, when you are on vacation, what happens with the steam store? Would I be buying things in the currency of the country where I am on vacation?

fantomena

I can't tell anyone about a game that has yet to unlock. :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I remember all these unboxing vids of some press releases of games a few years ago...
God, those were cringe worthy.
Random question, when you are on vacation, what happens with the steam store? Would I be buying things in the currency of the country where I am on vacation?
I've never felt the need to when I'm out of the country.

Top Bottom