• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Dr Dogg

I remember all these unboxing vids of some press releases of games a few years ago...

Places like IGN and Gamespot still do it. There also some not so subtle 'I'll be taking this home after' remarks sometimes too.

well, it is a stealth bragging thread after all, starting from 970s to gamecount, to free games, to cheevos, what do you expect? (><)
journos are people too, and people like to brag!

If you saw the amount of free shit that comes in the post here everyday and the reactions different people make you might think about that differently. Normally when this stuff ends up in the newsdesk or editorial there's a lot of loud audible groans because it means someone has to review something, interview someone, contact an advertising agency, or the shock horror of having to do some field work (I swear the vast majority of journalists here are afraid of the sun).

Now if it falls to my department or the sales department it's either free shit or stuff to play pranks on your colleagues with. Like the one day I got back from lunch and found my pockets of my coat full of scampi fries. 2 dry cleanings later and that coat still stank!

Arthea

greenlight update: almost 90 games were greenlit last week, unfortunately none of those I wanted, it seems.
Eternal Forest still not greenlit

as for new additions

someone decided to make a game about fishing and fun
it gives me Pokemon vibes for some reason.

and amount of online games amazes me more and more, them being greenlit all the time implies some conspiracy theories. (><)

MUnited83

For you.
Both Kane and Lynch games are pretty good and quite underrated, imo. Buy them! Multiplayer is also great albeit now dead. It was Payday before Payday was a thing.

greenlight update: almost 90 games were greenlit last week, unfortunately none of those I wanted, it seems.

Where can I see what was greenlit?

and amount of online games amazes me more and more, them being greenlit all the time implies some conspiracy theorie

I dont know. I still guess people vote for it because they will be free...

as for new additions

and amount of online games amazes me more and more, them being greenlit all the time implies some conspiracy theories. (><)

Do you have a link with the games that were greenlit? I can't never find that stuff.

Also awesome avatar decorations ! :)

Arthea

There is no list of greenlit games anymore, sometimes I can fish some especially if these are games I voted for or favourited, but this time I can name only few for sure:

Super Cane Magic ZERO
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343893915

Rooster Teeth vs. Zombiens
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341590175

Distant Star: Revenant Fleet
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341433138

Blackwake
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318342179

Critical Annihilation
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320717420

Epic Manager - Create Your Own Adventuring Agency! - Rated ''E'' for EPIC!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321017918

Windlands
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333456349

and maybe some others, but I won't be making full list, as it's too much work.

Do you have a link with the games that were greenlit? I can't never find that stuff.

Also awesome avatar decorations ! :)

thanks! :)

Dr Dogg

I can't tell anyone about a game that has yet to unlock. :p

Don't worry fanto it's not a dig aimed specifically at you. Moreover the lack of professionalism from some sections of the industry and more over folks actually doing it as their profession unlike yourself as a hobby. I follow a few cultural critics and commentators on twitter and next to never are they letting you know they got screening tickets to something, prerelease books, promo CD's by certain peeps in the gaming media can't help but tease and brag, even if it's a post to say' I can't say anything about X but look out soon'. I'm also surprised how open some of these folks are allowed to talk on social media and there isn't a shit load of stipulations and clauses in their contracts.

Nzyme32

I got 14 games, all of them gifts from GAFers! I'm waiting for Ground Zeroes to drop before I buy my first :p

I haven't even started playing yet, just got a GPU yesterday and I want to format and reinstall Windows first because I haven't done so since 2010 and my PC is currently an unappealing mess :O

Well you have to start somewhere. Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the steaminess once you get going. Mgsv GZ is what I'm gunning for when it finally shows up for preorder - I'm guessing on december 5th as part of the game awards sale

Dr Dogg

So I'm trying to set my Market affairs in order before being locked out for a bit because I'm stupid but noticed there's still quite a lack of stats and analytics to gauge the market for wildly fluctuating items or come to a common price. Don't want to dump more work on you shackles but how hard would it be to grab mean, mode, range and common prices by quantity sold from what the Item page throws up in it's history? Not that it took me that long to knock something up in Excel but I guess that would be an Enhancement :p

Arthea

It's automated system, he created. ;)

if it's automated system, he could have included all games! That would be very good resource tracking greenlit games.

edited: Indiegala with their Blockstorm
Seriously, how much shoving it into our eyes every time we take a turn here they think we can take? (><)

edit2: I think it's having opposite effect to intended, actually

ViviOggi

If you edit right after you posted, it won't look like that.

I didn't though
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

Arthea

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39733976323326420/4243CEAAFF0B9437F784A44A889F17D085136247/[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Well, they might actually hire an editor if greenlit, who knows (><)

[quote="PunishedSnake, post: 141251053"]Ash thirty years later.[/QUOTE]

thirty?

Kanhir

Humble overspill!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanhir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-77C14A315959CC43
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-512FDB83C747C451 - Taken by Fare Godmace

Don't raise his expectations so high, it's a OK quirky game.

Yeah, quirky is the right word for it. But when I played it I was definitely in the right mood for a quirky game. Still, it's hard to see anyone playing that game and thinking they wasted their dollar, unless they were in a really bad place at the time or something.

Bought Child of Light through a trader. Then I go to the Steam page for the game and I see it has an additional $10 worth of DLC (discounted). Can't say I'm particularly amused right now. Is any of this DLC important?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Bought Child of Light through a trader. Then I go to the Steam page for the game and I see it has an additional $10 worth of DLC (discounted). Can't say I'm particularly amused right now. Is any of this DLC important?
No, most of them are just stat buffs. There is one that is a side quest, but there are plenty of side quests in the actual game and you wouldn't notice its omission.

Chariot

as for new additions

Relationship and Dating Sim - Develop bond with either 20 party members (read: heroines) and brace for their ending. Only 1 girl per playthrough, though. Sorry, harem ending lovers.
Uh uh.

637x358.resizedimage

I bet she is 18.

Kanhir

Steamworks never ceases to amaze me.
I picked up Shadow of Mordor in an Amazon sale, expecting the usual retail kerfuffle (install it, check for updates, manually add a launcher in Steam, have to deal with some nasty Uplay-style client).
Bam, as soon as I put in the disc, Steam pops up, asks for a CD key, recognises the game as one of its own, and proceeds to take over, copying the game files across from the disc and then handling the updates.

This is service.

Top Bottom