• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

ExoSoul

Banned
Yeah, quirky is the right word for it. But when I played it I was definitely in the right mood for a quirky game. Still, it's hard to see anyone playing that game and thinking they wasted their dollar, unless they were in a really bad place at the time or something.

I understand your point but what I mean to say is you have such a good opinion of it that others that go into the game may expect more than what they'll get and end up being disappointed.
There's a lot of games like that and even some of my favourites,if I were to praise them for how surprisingly good I found them what was a nice surprise would end up being average for others.

Steamworks never ceases to amaze me.
I picked up Shadow of Mordor in an Amazon sale, expecting the usual retail kerfuffle (install it, check for updates, manually add a launcher in Steam, have to deal with some nasty Uplay-style client).
Bam, as soon as I put in the disc, Steam pops up, asks for a CD key, recognises the game as one of its own, and proceeds to take over, copying the game files across from the disc and then handling the updates.

This is service.

This is skynet.

Uh uh.

637x358.resizedimage

I bet she is 18.

Orange hair.... I can be her onii-chan :p

I like fishing games.

I played a few times the fishing mini game in Ocarina of Time. And also the fishing mini game in Breath of Fire 4. None of them were amusing...

Fishing minigames are the best, the one in BoF4 is especially good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY8RHvTs0ko

It even has a small rhythm element where you have to move your lure to the beat of the music to attract certain fish.

I guess this is also this months "please update the PC port of BoF4 and bring it to Steam, Capcom" post

Arthea

Who the hell plays a fishing game for the fishing.
Never even did that with Bass Fishing on Dreamcast.

I play almost anything for fishing, fishing is a great minigame if done right, and collectaton and test of endurance and prowess, not to mention, I just like it ;)

Deques

Tap X (I guess) along to the drum beat that sometimes plays in the backgrpound of the fishing music. There are 4 different ones, each on causing a different "Tec" that attract certain fish. :)

It's been more than ten, maybe even fifteen years since I played BoF4 and my save file is probably lost somewhere in the unknown. I wont play it again unless Capcom decides to release it in Steam :)

MadGear

At this point it would really be better for all involved if we just ignore Molyneux completely. His reputation is beginning to rival Derek Smart's.

Not going to happen, as proven by Godus. If people were actually capable of learning from past mistakes Godus would never have happened. He is just way too good at promising a fun game, he just no longer seems able to deliver them.

Arthea

I still wanna try Godus... I almost bought it this sale again. It can't be that bad

edited:
I mean, I can't even remember any really bad god game.

Tizoc

*Proud owner of BoF 4 PC disc for 5+ years running*
yeah but I havent had time to find a suitable holiday one yet. If you have any suggestion, pm me. =]

I was thinking of recommending female redheads as your next x-mas avatar =X
Can't decide on a suitable character though.
How about this character from the recent Star Wars trailer?
tumblr_nfsbxl5pA51qhyhwto1_500.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Hey Jaw, I just got Orion Prelude. Aren't you proud of me?
I was thinking of recommending female redheads as your next x-mas avatar =X
Can't decide on a suitable character though.
How about this character from the recent Star Wars trailer?
Hmm I do love redheads though. (Seriously)

But you're asking me to forsaken Elizabeth for the holiday? I'm not sure if I can do that. I thought you were going to suggest me a picture of Elizabeth I can use for the holiday:p

But yeah I'll do some research into this Star Wars redhead. :p if you have any other Elizabeth or not suggestion. :p pm me. Thanks though!

Chariot

Orange hair.... I can be her onii-chan :p

I like fishing games.
Oh, your not limited to pure red heads. Interesting.

At this point it would really be better for all involved if we just ignore Molyneux completely. His reputation is beginning to rival Derek Smart's.
He's the Shyamaldingdong of games.

Who is this?
One of these people that ring your bell on sunday morning, wanting to talk with you about Godus and the upcoming fun game apocalypse.

Arthea

only on the mobile version has micro-transactions. The game uses the freemium model there

but people playing PC version are complaining about it being pay to win game, if that's the case, I'll never even touch this, seems odd though, it's not free on PC...

edited: I just read several PC reviews, yeah, I'm better off not playing this. If I understand it correctly, there are no paywalls in PC version, but as you can't "buy" you way around waiting for things to happen, you just have to wait in PC version. This is horrible!

wilflare

970 has arrived
lol. is there a specific driver I should get? or should I just get the latest ones off nVidia's site

if only my U2412M supports G-Sync (one of the things I really wanted to try)

Ban Puncher

MGS2 Raiden > BS Cyborg Ninja Raiden

I still can't get over how he made the character less cool.

This is the most wrongiest opinion I've seen all day and I just saw a thread where someone claimed the Michael Bay Transformer movies were better than the Evangelion movies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Hey Jaw, I just got Orion Prelude. Aren't you proud of me?

Hmm I do love redheads though. (Seriously)

But you're asking me to forsaken Elizabeth for the holiday? I'm not sure if I can do that. I thought you were going to suggest me a picture of Elizabeth I can use for the holiday:p

But yeah I'll do some research into this Star Wars redhead. :p if you have any other Elizabeth or not suggestion. :p pm me. Thanks though!

I'm sure she could dye her hair to give you a special holiday.

Copons

I still wanna try Godus... I almost bought it this sale again. It can't be that bad

edited:
I mean, I can't even remember any really bad god game.

I don't know if and how the PC version differs, but you can try the mobile version for free
mium
on Android or on iOS.

I should recommend playing it on a big screen, as with my Nexus 5 and my standard sized fingers I had plenty of problems.

Also, I kinda hated it because after half an hour into the tutorial it became obvious it was a freemium in its most annoying meaning possible, and anyway, it seems basically the same as every other freemium something-builder (ie. Farmville, Simpsons Tapped Out, etc.), just with arguably nicer graphics.
Also, it failed to tell me that an action (mandatory in the tutorial) would consume the in-game currency (which you can pay real money or waiting hours long cooldowns). I consumed it all when my finger swiped too many stuff at once, and at that point I uninstalled it.

This said, visuals are very nice and for a couple of minutes I even considered buying it on Steam when it was a featured sale a couple of days ago, but, you know, Molyneux.

Jawmuncher

This is the most wrongiest opinion I've seen all day and I just saw a thread where someone claimed the Michael Bay Transformer movies were better than the Evangelion movies.

Cyborg Raiden is just a odd thing to me.
Never felt like a character but more of a prop so some "cool" things could be done.
He doesn't fit into the role as naturally as grey fox did. Even in MGS4 the reveal felt so forced on him since no one liked him in MGS2 and kojima wanted to fix that.

ExoSoul

Banned
Never felt like a character but more of a prop so some "cool" things could be done.
He doesn't fit into the role as naturally as grey fox did. Even in MGS4 the reveal felt so forced on him since no one liked him in MGS2 and kojima wanted to fix that.

What do you think of Jetstream Sam?

Shadownet

Banned
I'm sure she could dye her hair to give you a special holiday.
Ain't that the dream my friend.

Wtf is that shit. Michael Bay haven't made a good film since...

Yeah I got nothing.

What do you think of Jetstream Sam?
Amazingness. And that's not a word.

Ban Puncher

All through MGS2 I was thinking "Fuck you, Raiden."

All through MGR I was thinking "Fuck yeah, Raiden!"

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry fanto it's not a dig aimed specifically at you. Moreover the lack of professionalism from some sections of the industry and more over folks actually doing it as their profession unlike yourself as a hobby. I follow a few cultural critics and commentators on twitter and next to never are they letting you know they got screening tickets to something, prerelease books, promo CD's by certain peeps in the gaming media can't help but tease and brag, even if it's a post to say' I can't say anything about X but look out soon'. I'm also surprised how open some of these folks are allowed to talk on social media and there isn't a shit load of stipulations and clauses in their contracts.

You realize those tweets are an indirect form of promotion right? For both the writers and the publishers (or developers).

Top Bottom