• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jawmuncher

Raiden suplexed a Ray where Gray Fox is a dogshit smear Rex trod in.

I said better handled not who was stronger.
Plus the cybernetics were vastly improved by that time frame for raiden.
Gray Fox didn't even have his installed correctly thus why he was always freaking out.

Tizoc

I said better handled not who was stronger.
Plus the cybernetics were vastly improved by that time frame for raiden.
Gray Fox didn't even have his installed correctly thus why he was always freaking out.

Gray Fox is the one and true Cyborg Ninja.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
He was by far the best character in MGR.
Game should have been about him.
Everything I really like about MGR was just about related to sam most of the time.

Uhhhh....what

Character_02bladewolf.png

i think talking about metal gear should count as animu talk, but at least MGS has some decent gameplay attached to its lengthy and often bloated cutscenes

i think talking about metal gear should count as animu talk, but at least MGS has some decent gameplay attached to its lengthy and often bloated cutscenes

I thought MGS4 was a step back from the earlier MGS. It felt far more casual, the levels were all kinda linear and act 3... this fucking act 3...

ViviOggi

MGR2 to feature unrestricted wallrunning and on-the-fly main weapon switching

The true NG:B successor

You heard it here first

I thought MGS4 was a step back from the earlier MGS. It felt far more casual, the levels were all kinda linear and act 3... this fucking act 3...

MGS4 is a very uneven game. The first two acts are by far the best MGS stuff from the whole series. Then, Act 3 begins and it's like, why you gotta ruin a good thing Kojima

MGS4 is a very uneven game. The first two acts are by far the best MGS stuff from the whole series. Then, Act 3 begins and it's like, why you gotta ruin a good thing Kojima

I don't agree, the game had some amazing moments in the later acts.
Metal Gear Ray vs Rex fight
Microwave tunnel

Uzzy

Can I just say how Mistral promised to be awesome, yet her boss fight was rather poor in comparison to the others. She gets all those extra arms and all she does is attack you with a staff whip. She could have at least tried throwing a dozen knives at Raiden or something.

It's also a shame that her theme song, which is my favourite out of all the boss themes, only hits the vocal part at the very end of the fight, which lasts maybe 30 seconds?

ExoSoul

Banned
Can I just say how Mistral promised to be awesome, yet her boss fight was rather poor in comparison to the others. She gets all those extra arms and all she does is attack you with a staff whip. She could have at least tried throwing a dozen knives at Raiden or something.

It's also a shame that her theme song, which is my favourite out of all the boss themes, only hits the vocal part at the very end of the fight, which lasts maybe 30 seconds?

Actually her arms make that polearm so she can't use a combination of both, to be honest the reason she's so tame probably comes down to the fact that she's the first proper boss. (Yes, Ray is a boss but that's a battle that doesn't repeat itself until the first part of the final boss)

Microwave tunnel

I think the statute of limitations has expired for spoilering MGS4 stuff, right?

Both of those moments were pretty awesome, first more than the second. I did like how they handled the last boss fight as well.

I did find her fight to be relatively easy. Can't say the same for Monsoon.

Fuck that guy.

Alavard

Finished up my playthrough of FFXIII on Steam last night (had previously played through it on console at release).

It has left such a sour taste in my mouth (can't believe how much more I hate it now than I did before!) that I'm going to need some quality gaming tonight to wash it out. Haven't quite decided what yet. Considering a new game of EUIV or perhaps starting up Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I need to play Nights and figure out how to unlock Christmas Nights before the big day. I remember playing it way back in the day when I borrowed a Saturn from a friend of mine. Need to go on that nostalgia trip!

Freezard

I have never played any MGS but based on PlayStation Battle Royale I'd say Raiden is the coolest character Sony has ever created. He was definitely my favorite brawler.

Microwave tunnel

yeah but it also has so many stupid scenes, too, and the gameplay takes a complete dive into some real shitty stuff after 2 fantastic acts of solid (hah) gameplay and story.

Theres the metal gear rushmore, the
return of big boss, using solidus's body as a garbage plot point
, that ending that never ends and is full of nonsense, nanomachines, etc etc.

It makes it hard to look forward to the supposedly more-serious TPP, especially given how incredibly animu Peace Walker was and how unnecessarily trashy and gross some of the plot details in MGSGZ were.

Finished up my playthrough of FFXIII on Steam last night (had previously played through it on console at release).

It has left such a sour taste in my mouth (can't believe how much more I hate it now than I did before!) that I'm going to need some quality gaming tonight to wash it out. Haven't quite decided what yet. Considering a new game of EUIV or perhaps starting up Binding of Isaac Rebirth.
... So you re bought a game that you didn't originally like?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/whats-wrong-with-you.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Some people enjoy playing games instead of watching cut scenes. I love MGS and after playing almost all of the games, it's definitely not for everyone.

[quote="Jawmuncher, post: 141264940"]If it has a Block button instead of only parry it would be perfect.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about Parrying until Blade Wolf. Then I had to learn real quick.

ExoSoul

Banned
I have never played any MGS

That's one of my greatest shames, I keep hearing people talking about it and making a big deal out of the franchise but I only played Rising. It doesn't help that it's confusing which game is the real first and in what order they should be played but most of all I think that if I were to play them I wouldn't have them in such high regards as everyone else due to every other game I've played. Instead I let others show me the significance of those games to them.

Alavard

... So you re bought a game that you didn't originally like?

I didn't hate it back then. It felt more like the worst of the Final Fantasies than a bad game overall. I wanted to play it again to see if I'd actually like it more now. And once I started, I kept telling myself that once the game picked up, I'd start enjoying it. And then it became, well, once I get to Chapter 11, I'll enjoy it more... And then when I got that far I realized I just wanted to be done with it as fast as possible.

chronomac

I'm sort of in the "Haven't Played MGS" club too. I tried MGS2 a long time ago for an hour or so and didn't really get into it. I'm really hoping for an HD collection on Steam so I can give it a fair shot.

ViviOggi

That's one of my greatest shames, I keep hearing people talking about it and making a big deal out of the franchise but I only played Rising. It doesn't help that it's confusing which game is the real first and in what order they should be played but most of all I think that if I were to play them I wouldn't have them in such high regards as everyone else due to every other game I've played. Instead I let others show me the significance of those games to them.
PSX MGS is the first game, play in release order and avoid the GameCube remake at all costs. The two MSX Metal Gears are included in Snake Eater, I heard they're pretty cool especially when you've played the Solid games because those are essentially remakes of the MSX ones. Haven't gotten around to playing them myself yet though.

I only played the first MGS on the Vita and couldn't enjoy it cause of the HORRIBLE german voice acting.

HÄ? FUSSSSSPURN????

Top Bottom