• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Articalys

Okay, I'm resigned to the fact that the auction games I want are going to remain out of reach without shelling out more than they're worth and I'm going to overall come out in the red anyway. I just need to decide what form that'll take: convert gems to booster packs probably worth less than the value of what I converted into gems in the first place, or try and wait until the optimal time to sell a single pack of gems at a loss.

gkYv6Ey.jpg

Looks Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed is coming https://steamdb.info/app/333980/subs/

Looks like Acquire games are heading to Steam. Mind Zero was greenlit also.

Hugstable

Banned
lol I gave in, I sold all my gem sacks at 1.25 each, got tired of waiting and wanted to make my money back just incase the price crashed.

Zafir

Lol at the region locking. The previous methods didn't work, so they finally just took it all out entirely.

Well, they're gunna get less money from me. I've only bought a lot from Steam in the past year because of the cheap prices from trading. I'll go back to how I used to buy, use third party sites (gmg etc) or buy retail copies, because Steam has crap prices for the UK.

Ban Puncher

Remember that time The Slaughtering Grounds developers posted in the Steam forum for people to talk mad shit about their game and they would give you a free copy so I did but I got banned on their forum and a screen capture of said account of events was featured on a Jim Sterling video?

Well I just won The Slaughtering Grounds at auction.

You can suck me and my gems, TSG devs.

I got a 4GB 760 so I should be set!

My 2GB 770 is crying out in pain.

Really wish Amazon was matching the $320 for a PS4 black friday bundle with GTAV, TLoUR download code, and $20 PSN voucher.

Between my idiot decision to skimp on the VRAM when I bought my 770 and shit like DMC4SE not having a PC announce of any type at the moment, I'm extra fucking salty tonight.

So many megaton's in one day. I'll fly off my seat if the Tales of series was found on SteamDB.

What other "megatons"?
And I didn't consider the localization of Akiba's Trip to be a megaton when it was announced for Vita, so I don't consider this one either. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remember that time The Slaughtering Grounds developers posted in the Steam forum for people to talk mad shit about their game and they would give you a free copy so I did but I got banned on their forum and a screen capture of said account of events was featured on a Jim Sterling video?

Well I just won The Slaughtering Grounds at auction.

You can suck me and my gems, TSG devs.

That's a nice victory considering A) You wanted the game and B) The devs don't see any commission from the auction.

Milamber

What other "megatons"?
And I didn't consider the localization of Akiba's Trip to be a megaton when it was announced for Vita, so I don't consider this one either. :p

Well, 2 megatons then. I don't have a Vita anymore so this is a megaton since it's a Japanese game releasing on Steam, quite rare. And the $20 price point for GZ.

Vuze

Didn't know that. Still will buy it for the faint hope of all MGS and ZoE coming to Steam.
Yeah, really want that MGS collection on PC. Those would be games I'd actually appreciate a remaster of instead of those 2013 titles. Maybe port the games to Fox Engine (which runs great on PC... or so I heard) for that sweet visual boost... well one can dream.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Here you go. Going to bed, so congrats to the winners.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-29F691B0E8D62B39 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Star Ruler -- MB-34F2F2E8399E6C48 - Taken by hepburn3d. 1 entrants total.
The Lost Crown -- MB-CD8DD4301F2958B9 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

t1418813308z1.png

Zafir

I knew Ground Zeroes would have a poor price. It had a poor price on consoles considering it's size.

$ = € and $ = £ is just icing on the cake.

Sajjaja

13€ like Rising. I mean, 20€ base price, with a deep discount since it's already been sold for 7€ on console.

MGR was $30 at release with a discounted price of $23ish dollars? Still pretty reasonable to me. But yeah, the equivalent prices b/w euro and dollars for this is weird.

Pachimari

Does this mean, that I can't trade keys for cheap Russian games anymore, because they are region-locked?

No more $13 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare? :(

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Isn't it very short? I assume they made enough money out of it to merit a lower price on PC. And if the PC release continues to show as great if a reception as Revengence, then maybe they will take that to heart.

Sajjaja

Isn't it very short? I assume they made enough money out of it to merit a lower price on PC. And if the PC release continues to show as great if a reception as Revengence, then maybe they will take that to heart.

Apparently the story part is very short but there is a lot of replayability and other shit to do. Or so Kojima said.

Top Bottom