• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jawmuncher

Blocking doesn't really fit the Raiden character though. I wouldn't feel immersed in the narrative if that replaced the Parry as the primary defense.

It could work but I really like the "offensive" parry-only system. Together with the Defensive Offense dodge it suits Raiden's character perfectly.

I wouldn't say it would take away from being immersed if both options were present.
With the parrying mechanic he still just stands there and blocks sometimes. So more or less it would just be an option to the player. Platinum would be able to handle having both and for players to never use it because of parry.

I guess the easy mode was the fix for that for some players but I still know a lot of people who stopped because of it. Especially since they didn't want to lower it to easy.

Is it pointless to speculate on the likelihood of a game coming to a Humble bundle? A Story About my Uncle looks interesting and the price is right but my gut tells me it'll end up in a bundle next year.

MUnited83

For you.
Is it pointless to speculate on the likelihood of a game coming to a Humble bundle? A Story About my Uncle looks interesting and the price is right but my gut tells me it'll end up in a bundle next year.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but the game is worth every single cent.

Alavard

Can't seem to get an answer in the steam sale thread:does the sale end today at 12:59 or tomorrow at 12:59?

Yesterday's 2-day deals will expire tomorrow, at 1:00 PM EST.

Yesterday's 1-day deals will expire today, at 1:00 PM EST.

Items on sale but not currently in a deal will also no longer be on sale as of 1:00 PM EST, based on their timers.

It's possible we'll get a special repeat daily today, where certain deals from the sale will come back, but that won't change the above.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I have never played any MGS but based on PlayStation Battle Royale I'd say Raiden is the coolest character Sony has ever created. He was definitely my favorite brawler.

I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game either, as I've never owned a Playstation of any kind. Just one of those franchises that I've never had the chance to play.

Shadownet

Banned
I'll be happy if your avatar just looked the right direction >.<
I can easily fix that. But I'm not going to since I'm getting a new one soon.

Oh and elizabeth apparently was a redhead for a little while.

Well sorta. She put some red time in her brunette hair. It look really nice. Subtle..

Anyway, I cannot be excited for MGS Ground Zeroes at all yet I'm excited for GTA V Lol and I beat both on PS3 haha

Maniac

Banned
I think the statute of limitations has expired for spoilering MGS4 stuff, right?
I dunno man, I've not played any of the MGS games after Konami more or less left the PC space. I wont be caught up until they release a remaster or whatever. I'd love to say it's due to the PEEZEE MASTARÆS, but in reality I just couldn't justify the cost of games on consoles, especially when I dislike the majority of games with a controller :|

... I still bought a PS3 at launch though. And only ever bought 4 games for it... >_>

I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game either, as I've never owned a Playstation of any kind. Just one of those franchises that I've never had the chance to play.

Well, you could try to hunt down MGS 1 and 2 (they had PC releases but only retail) but I don't recommend doing that if you live in a country like mine. YEARS went by before I could get my hands on a MGS2 DVD, and had to settle for a PSX copy of MGS1.

ViviOggi

I have never played any MGS but based on PlayStation Battle Royale I'd say Raiden is the coolest character Sony has ever created. He was definitely my favorite brawler.

Sony didn't create Raiden, the series has always been entirely in Konami's/Kojima's hands. In fact up until MGS4, which either became an unportable mess being developed in the early Cell days or was moneyhatted by Sony, every game had been on multiple platforms. It's just that the Solid games always came to Playstation first due to the N64's technical limitations and after that the PS2's dominating position in Japan particularly.

It's perfect bundle material. Unless you want to play it immediately, just wait for a bundle to happen.

I was browsing the Steam store and noticed that I somehow own the season pass for Watch Dogs (and indeed all of it's DLC). I bought the digital deluxe edition at launch but it was never meant to contain the season pass (and still doesn't). I knew for sure that I never bought it separately so I went poking around in the content registry. Turns out, Ubi accidentally added all the DLC to the Asian DDE pre-order sub when the game released. I've had the season pass since launch without knowing it. So, while this doesn't affect most of you, if anyone pre-ordered that particular sub, you own all the DLC too.

Please don't snitch to Ubi and get it taken away :p

Actually I don't care if you do snitch. Never gonna play it anyway.

I personally don't feel the need. If a game I want to play shows up in a bundle before I get around to buying, cool. If not, whatever, you can still recommend the game to others.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Every single Solid relevant to the overarching plot isn't exclusive to Sony platforms at this point.

L.O.R.D

cross post from the steam sale thread :

there is a sale on Rockstar Games Collection for 12$ i think.

includes the following titles:

Max Payne
Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne
Max Payne 3
Max Payne 3 Season Pass
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Midnight Club 2
Manhunt
LA Noire
LA Noire DLC Bundle

here

hmmm , what that banner is doing on the left side ?
eff398a3f32d41c87b94afe51f5011f1.jpg

RDR ?

they took the console box art ?

Rand6

What's the differences between Saints Row 4 "Game of The Century Upgrade" and Saints Row 4 Season Pass? Which one should I buy?

yuraya

To those of you who never played MGS games..you gotta play them. You aren't just missing out on some good games..you are missing out on literally the greatest video game franchise of all time.

PD2OWGj.png

Metacritic don't lie.

All the games are masterpieces. Play them.

Chariot

Ah, yes, the guy who used to work at Daedalic has responded.

He was an unpaid intern there a few years back and most of the people who worked there were unpaid or heavily underpayed interns. They promised that the interns would get the games they worked on, but so far he received nothing.

The interns are not fired, they have contracts that run 6 to 9 months. They gave him the opportunity after his contracts ended to continue in a paid job (400 Euro/month). He told me that he is now working as Junior Softwaredeveloper somewhere else and makes the same as an Teamleader at Daedalic. They did apparently buy cheap office pc's of ebay for development, there was no IT-infrastructure, they gave files via skype and usb around. And there were multiple times a switching loop.

Please keep in mind, that he was there a few years back. Things could look differently now.

so project zomboid devs said they're aiming for a 2015 late Q1-early Q2 release, it seems to be a really optimistic goal considering there's still a ton of stuff missing but we'll see
might be the first fully fleshed out zombie survival game we'll be seeing since state of decay and survival crisis z

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ah, yes, the guy who used to work at Daedalic has responded.

He was an unpaid intern there a few years back and most of the people who worked there were unpaid or heavily underpayed interns. They promised that the interns would get the games they worked on, but so far he received nothing.

The interns are not fired, they have contracts that run 6 to 9 months. They gave him the opportunity after his contracts ended to continue in a paid job (400 Euro/month). He told me that he is now working as Junior Softwaredeveloper somewhere else and makes the same as an Teamleader at Daedalic. They did apparently buy cheap office pc's of ebay for development, there was no IT-infrastructure, they gave files via skype and usb around. And there were multiple times a switching loop.

Please keep in mind, that he was there a few years back. Things could look differently now.
Thanks for following up on this for us. I guess Double Fine really could learn a few things from Daedalic when it comes to project management.

Maniac

Banned
Steamworks never ceases to amaze me.
I picked up Shadow of Mordor in an Amazon sale, expecting the usual retail kerfuffle (install it, check for updates, manually add a launcher in Steam, have to deal with some nasty Uplay-style client).
Bam, as soon as I put in the disc, Steam pops up, asks for a CD key, recognises the game as one of its own, and proceeds to take over, copying the game files across from the disc and then handling the updates.

This is service.
It really is. That's why I've been an avid fan of the concept and platform ever since it's inception. Damn shame I lost my old account though, dat veteran status :(

Really have to say Valve has done an incredible job improving it, and Steamworks has become an incredibly powerful convenience tool for both developers and consumers alike.

I can easily fix that. But I'm not going to since I'm getting a new one soon.

Oh and elizabeth apparently was a redhead for a little while.

Well sorta. She put some red time in her brunette hair. It look really nice. Subtle..

Anyway, I cannot be excited for MGS Ground Zeroes at all yet I'm excited for GTA V Lol and I beat both on PS3 haha

Her as Scarlet Witch doe...

Definitely gun b red haired, or so I pray. If so, the movie will win the internets. (Also, it's great that it's her and Kickass-guy in yet another movie together in a short time span! :3)
so project zomboid devs said they're aiming for a 2015 late Q1-early Q2 release, it seems to be a really optimistic goal considering there's still a ton of stuff missing but we'll see
might be the first fully fleshed out zombie survival game we'll be seeing since state of decay and survival crisis z

Awesome, and sounds incredibly optimistic. I've loved the game ever since their tech demo from several years ago. Never did purchase it, but the few free releases I've played have been a lot of fun. Lots of potential in their foundation, which is the most important thing early on. If they hadn't been taking their sweet time they would've been first to market, but hopefully it'll be worth the weight wait.

Still not sure how I feel about the fact that it's isometric, but I think I feel good about it. So many others are doing TPS and FPS zombie-survival, and well... You can get too many of them.

Alavard

It seems like Metal Gear Solid fans are as divided to whether 2 or 3 is the better game as Fallout fans are between 3 and New Vegas.

no good person thinks that MGS2 is the best. It's good, it was one of gaming's biggest troll moments ever, and the game does some decent philosophy 101 stuff at the end that was really interesting at the time.

but MGS3 is the best metal gear. that's not even a hard choice.

ViviOggi

It seems like Metal Gear Solid fans are as divided to whether 2 or 3 is the better game as Fallout fans are between 3 and New Vegas.

MGS is debatable but anyone preferring Fallout 3: Sewer Ghoul Edition over Obsidian's stellar New Vegas cannot be classified as a fan

I would give a kidney to have MGS collection on Steam

I'm going to hold you to that.

no good person thinks that MGS2 is the best. It's good, it was one of gaming's biggest troll moments ever, and the game does some decent philosophy 101 stuff at the end that was really interesting at the time.

but MGS3 is the best metal gear. that's not even a hard choice.

See, and here we go again...

MGS3 was the worst MGS as far as I'm concerned. I had little to no enjoyment while playing the game and had to force myself to stick with it and complete it at several points throughout, something that never happened with 1, 2, or 4. The story never vibed with me, most of the bosses felt phoned in and unmemorable... Volgin was just... annoying... suffice to say, my experience with MGS3 left only a few positive notes as far as the franchise and was another one of those games where the masses proclaim it as some sort of gift from god and I end up finding it to be the worst of the bunch. :lol

I didn't hate it back then. It felt more like the worst of the Final Fantasies than a bad game overall. I wanted to play it again to see if I'd actually like it more now. And once I started, I kept telling myself that once the game picked up, I'd start enjoying it. And then it became, well, once I get to Chapter 11, I'll enjoy it more... And then when I got that far I realized I just wanted to be done with it as fast as possible.
Are you planning on purchasing the sequel as well?

Edit: holy shit, there's an ot for that Simpsons mobile game. *dead*

ExoSoul

Banned
So I just saw the trailer for Distance and then I noticed it's in Early Access.... I might break my rule regarding unfinished games here.

Annubis

this is wrong oh so very wrong, not even 1/10th of dlcs are covered by season pass (><)
OK, maybe 1/10th

My bad... I didn't check what was in there.
I thought the whole point of a season pass was to get all DLC as they release...
Bullshit is what it is.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I just saw the trailer for Distance and then I noticed it's in EA.... I might break my rule regarding EA games here.

Calling Early Access games "EA Games" must be the most confusing and dumbest idea I've ever seen in modern gaming history.

Top Bottom