• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lmfaooo I just saw what grass simulator is. Like I've seen people mention it here way back but I actually saw "gameplay" today. For the love of gos valve, please have some quality control, stop letting ransoms put shit like this

snack

Hey guys. I figured since this is the official steam thread, my buy sell post would get some more attention here. Mods if this isn't allowed, I'll remove my msg.

I have steam wallet that I would like to sell in exchange for PayPal. I offer a discount of 10% from the steam store or the market. So come get your new games from me asap!

Add me if interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/japanator

For real?

For really real.
2014-12-02_11-40-34.png

The core game was a fun enough time that I even bought the story DLC.
And I got more than my money's worth out of the game... if I was hyped as hell for it and bought it on release for full price, I'd probably hate it. But being only a casual "Aliens" fan and having paid like $3 for the game and $4 for the DLC, I was more than satisfied.

Maybe it was more enjoyable because I played with a controller... :3

Last day of sale... how time passes.

Very quiet this time for me. I got my cherry picked this summer, so I had a pretty easy time controlling myself and judging whether I really need a game.

Anyway, let me catch up with the last 15 pages.

Maniac

Banned
what build did you play ?
if it's the one with sprites they've changed it for 3d models a while back
but yeah it's still missing major features/models/animations and if they keep the same pace they've being going at so far i don't see a q1 release being doable
also can't help but feel that they are getting sidetracked with balance issues, this is what they're aiming for the next build
http://theindiestone.com/forums/ind...ate-game-by-killing-you-before-you-get-there/

i mean so far i think they've redone the aiming and melee system 2 times, they've redone the medical system once, they've redone the skill tree once
i think what started it all is that back when they were still doing sprite models they were seeing a bunch of screen people absolutely obliterating hordes with kitchen knifes and then they started nerfing/adding systems left and right to make the game more difficult, thing is i feel they've gone too far off the deep end now
of course the game is easily moddable so we're probably going to see a lot of balance mods but still, there's some pretty jarring stuff right now in the game

I've played a lot of different builds, including the old sprite-based ones and newer, 3D-ones. It's coming along quite well, and I'm really excited to see it nearing release. I still think it's an optimistic release date, but I do think it's realistic that it could be out by the end of '15.

I wish the guys all the best though, they've been through a lot of shit lol, and the game is, honestly, worth all the trouble I'd say.

For real?

I finished the game too and liked it, I seriously don't understand the hate for that game, it was a good enough game, only reason I can see why some people would hate it is because the plot is crap.

Anyway, GTA4 is a much bigger turd and everybody loves it, I don't undestand.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wonder how long it will be until someone takes the 5 minutes required to fix these origin links in gift inventory.

If it's too much longer, I'm just going to fix it myself.

Jawmuncher

Aliens:CM was a fun game for the price.
Enjoyed it more than Bioshock Infinite in the same year.
So much so that I actually put alien on my steamgaf goty list.

I finished the game too and liked it, I seriously don't understand the hate for that game, it was a good enough game, only reason I can see why some people would hate it is because the plot is crap.

Anyway, GTA4 is a much bigger turd and everybody loves it, I don't undestand.

I'm pretty sure when GTA4 was winning GOTY left and right is when I gave up on the gaming press.

If it's too much longer, I'm just going to fix it myself.

But then we'll miss out on all the people who don't understand how URLs work suddenly thinking Origin was merging with Steam! And we would miss them.

Aliens:CM was a fun game for the price.
Enjoyed it more than Bioshock Infinite in the same year.
So much so that I actually put alien on my steamgaf goty list.

I'm pretty sure when GTA4 was winning GOTY left and right is when I gave up on the gaming press.

Well I guess I'm out. :/ Community forum has driven you all mad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But then we'll miss out on all the people who don't understand how URLs work suddenly thinking Origin was merging with Steam! And we would miss them.

Well maybe I'll just rewrite the links to actually go to Origin, like if you had The Witcher 2 it would go here. Then people would be really confused.

For the record, I would never do this.

I'd think so, or at the very least a mix of bundle keys. There's no package on Steam that contains all of the items mentioned.

Especially Red Dead Redemption.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
To those of you who never played MGS games..you gotta play them. You aren't just missing out on some good games..you are missing out on literally the greatest video game franchise of all time.

Metacritic don't lie.

All the games are masterpieces. Play them.

Give me a PC version and I'll happily play them

GTAIV was a great 10 hour game that was stretched to +20 hours because Rockstar. It's really hard to like a character who wants to leave killing behind, then proceeds to be a murderous asshole for the entirety of the game.

usually, you can ignore the narrative inconsistencies in a game if the gameplay was really good, but GTAIV didn't play very well, either. At least they made up for it with the Episodes, which were the highlight of the GTAIV experience.

GTAIV was a great 10 hour game that was stretched to +20 hours because Rockstar. It's really hard to like a character who wants to leave killing behind, then proceeds to be a murderous asshole for the entirety of the game.

usually, you can ignore the narrative inconsistencies in a game if the gameplay was really good, but GTAIV didn't play very well, either. At least they made up for it with the Episodes, which were the highlight of the GTAIV experience.

I don't remember Niko as someone who wanted to leave killing behind. I remember him as someone who wanted to start over and felt like he needed to deal with that one particular aspect of his life before he could do so, no matter what the cost.
Sure, maybe he was being idyllic/naive about it, thinking that he could come to America and not have to get his hands dirty to get his answers, but I'd guess that happens to a lot of immigrants believing in the "American Dream" when they actually get to America and try to make it on their own. In the end, Niko's obsession with getting answers left him willing to do anything... and once he had them and made his choice, he was left with a new mess he had to clean up before he could truly "start over".

jshackles

So I've been working on ways around it, but I'm going to have to discontinue the "Library" functionality in Enhanced Steam going forward due to the API limits now imposed by Valve. :(

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So I've been working on ways around it, but I'm going to have to discontinue the "Library" functionality in Enhanced Steam going forward due to the API limits now imposed by Valve. :(

You bastard! I'll kill you and everyone who loves you!

...What does the Library function do again?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2013 GOTY
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2014 GOTY

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Binding of Isaac Rebirth was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417543443z1.png

inm8num2

Almost done setting up a clean install of Windows on a new hard drive. Hooray, now I'll have enough space to keep games installed. :)

Maniac

Banned
I'm not singling (is that even a word?) you out - a lot of people do it.

And it drives me crazy every single time. :D

This is no place to talk about their disgusting games and platform. So here, EA means Early Access ;)
And I know the feeling man, every single time someone writes EA, I think Electronic Arts. Even when I've written it myself >_>

jshackles

You bastard! I'll kill you and everyone who loves you!

...What does the Library function do again?

(You'd be surprised the amount of hostile email I get that kinda sounds like that)

The Library function used to add a "Library" menu in the top header of the Steam website (to mimic the functionality of the client) that upon being pressed loaded up a copy of your Steam library which you could then further sort and filter using multiple criteria.

Clicking on an individual game would give you that game's achievement status, friends that play, news, community hub links and more. It was really damn handy so I'm sad to see it go.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2013 GOTY
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-627625FB3CDA47F8 - Taken by Kiru. 32 entrants total.
My 2014 GOTY

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417543804z1.png

Maniac

Banned
(You'd be surprised the amount of hostile email I get that kinda sounds like that)

The Library function used to add a "Library" menu in the top header of the Steam website (to mimic the functionality of the client) that upon being pressed loaded up a copy of your Steam library which you could then further sort and filter using multiple criteria.

Clicking on an individual game would give you that game's achievement status, friends that play, news, community hub links and more. It was really damn handy so I'm sad to see it go.

Valve hire this fucking prime example of a man! Right now you bastards!

... If only one person working on Steam worked half as hard as you and implemented logical, somewhat straight-forward (but still brilliant / great) features, we'd have a much better client, sigh.

fallout

Well, in the Steam thread, the context would suggest EA is Early Access, since EA pulled most of their games and went to Origin only...
Sure, but at first glance, it really is confusing. We talk about non-Steam stuff in these threads. It's almost a general PC gaming thread, so you have to be careful. The phrase "I'll never buy another EA game again!" could be interpreted differently depending on what the hot topic is for the day.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Sadly, I wouldn't.

That does sound useful. Like, I was just looking for something that does exactly that. I wanted to list my owned games by release date to see what's applicable for the GOTY voting, or if not that then a way to list all Steam games by release date. The search function does that, when it works, but then you still have to sort through it to see what you've owned and played.

Kiru

So the 2.0 means we'll get two posts every giveaway now?
seriously what's up with that?
The code for Binding of Isaac is different too, I hope poor Widdly Scuds doesn't have to give away anonther copy now. Repost rule really fucks things up when the creator wants to redo a giveaway.

ExoSoul

Banned
Sure, but at first glance, it really is confusing. We talk about non-Steam stuff in these threads. It's almost a general PC gaming thread, so you have to be careful. The phrase "I'll never buy another EA game again!" could be interpreted differently depending on what the hot topic is for the day.
How dare they force you to actually read posts instead of just glancing over? :p

The code for Binding of Isaac is different too, I hope poor Widdly Scuds doesn't have to give away anonther copy now. Repost rule really fucks things up when the creator wants to redo a giveaway.
Hadn't noticed that, makes it an actual issue instead of a minor inconvenience.

Grief.exe

I played Titanfall online with a controller and i did pretty damn well.

I wouldn't play any other online PC shooter that way, though. Titanfall made controller play decent because of how mobile it made you. But i wouldn't even tempt it for any other competitive shooter.

That's actually a common misconception, mouse controls actually give you more range of movement.

Top Bottom