• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

For really real.
2014-12-02_11-40-34.png

The core game was a fun enough time that I even bought the story DLC.
And I got more than my money's worth out of the game... if I was hyped as hell for it and bought it on release for full price, I'd probably hate it. But being only a casual "Aliens" fan and having paid like $3 for the game and $4 for the DLC, I was more than satisfied.

Maybe it was more enjoyable because I played with a controller... :3

I actually haven't played the game yet (idled it for a while to get achievements, LOL), but the fact that it's such a polarizing entry makes me interested to play it when I upgrade my rig. I think I've only paid about $6 total for the game and most of the DLC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That does sound useful. Like, I was just looking for something that does exactly that. I wanted to list my owned games by release date to see what's applicable for the GOTY voting, or if not that then a way to list all Steam games by release date. The search function does that, when it works, but then you still have to sort through it to see what you've owned and played.

Well, all hope isn't entirely lost. Since a lot of the data required to put together a "Steam Library" is fairly static (things like Game Name, Genres, Level of Controller Support, etc) and applies universally to everyone, I'm thinking of building an entirely new site where you log in with Steam's OpenID system and it will display your Steam Library in a very similar way to how the Library used to work with Enhanced Steam.

If I can get that working out, I can eventually add the "Library" button back to the header, but it will simply be a link to the new site.

Of course, I'm not sure when I'll get time exactly to put something like this together.

madjoki

The code for Binding of Isaac is different too, I hope poor Widdly Scuds doesn't have to give away anonther copy now. Repost rule really fucks things up when the creator wants to redo a giveaway.

Looks like he initially copied same code for both:

Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.

Second:

Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-627625FB3CDA47F8 - Taken by Kiru. 32 entrants total.

So worst thing happens is someone enters for Saints Row IV instead of Rebirth.

Shadownet

Banned
Widdly said that the 1st one is not the correct one.

Anyway, I'm still shocked that frost think that MGS3 is the worst MGS game ever...

Kiru

Hadn't noticed that, makes it an actual issue instead of a minor inconvenience.
Oh, I just noticed that in the first post SR4 & BOI have the same code, that's why there's the other giveaway to fix that mistake, so everything should be fine, only negative is when people see the first post and want to enter for BOI and accidently win SR4 :D

EDIT: 1m too late :D

inm8num2

Games on the same drive as Windows? N00b :p

I'm still learning! ;-p

I might shrink the c drive later and make a partition for games and whatnot.

SSDs don't care.

I'm actually using a Seagate SSHD I luckily had on hand. I don't expect a big boost in performance, but it should be good for me. There have been some good SSD deals the past few days. Maybe later on I'll get an SSD then use a storage drive in the DVD tray, but I'm not sure how much I want to invest into this laptop since it's 4 years old.

Nzyme32

For really real.
2014-12-02_11-40-34.png

The core game was a fun enough time that I even bought the story DLC.
And I got more than my money's worth out of the game... if I was hyped as hell for it and bought it on release for full price, I'd probably hate it. But being only a casual "Aliens" fan and having paid like $3 for the game and $4 for the DLC, I was more than satisfied.

Maybe it was more enjoyable because I played with a controller... :3

I think you may have just sold me on paying a very small amount of money to attempt this. I don't think it will compare to how much I enjoyed Alien Isolation, but I'll give it a good try anyway

ExoSoul

Banned
Oh, I just noticed that in the first post SR4 & BOI have the same code, that's why there's the other giveaway to fix that mistake, so everything should be fine, only negative is when people see the first post and want to enter for BOI and accidently win SR4 :D

EDIT: 1m too late :D
Did I just out that I only paid attention to SR's code? xD

Shadownet

Banned
I hear that *incorrect* opinion more often than I would like.
I love Metal Gear Solid 3. Everything about it. From the first second to the last. In fact I've completed it 6 times.

I can understand if someone say they didnt like it. But to say its the worst in the series. Its like saying The Fellowship of the Ring the worst one in the series.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well, all hope isn't entirely lost. Since a lot of the data required to put together a "Steam Library" is fairly static (things like Game Name, Genres, Level of Controller Support, etc) and applies universally to everyone, I'm thinking of building an entirely new site where you log in with Steam's OpenID system and it will display your Steam Library in a very similar way to how the Library used to work with Enhanced Steam.

If I can get that working out, I can eventually add the "Library" button back to the header, but it will simply be a link to the new site.

Of course, I'm not sure when I'll get time exactly to put something like this together.

It seems to me there's a lot of interesting data that could be scraped from Steam's database if you could access it conveniently. I'd love to know odd things like how much of my library has the FPS tag or the RPG tag, maybe combine that hours played or achievement completion stats. It'd be further interesting to see how the shape of the Steam library has changed over time--When exactly indie's started booming, what genres/tags are on the upswing/downturn over the years. It's such a pity you can't combine that kind of information with sales data as well. You could actually have some idea of what shape the market is in and maybe predict things like franchise and genre fatigue. Maybe.

I love Metal Gear Solid 3. Everything about it. From the first second to the last. In fact I've completed it 6 times.

I can understand if someone say they didnt like it. But to say its the worst in the series. Its like saying The Fellowship of the Ring the worst one in the series.

Agreed, it's the most immersive/well written game in the series imo.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut is a completely different (and better) campaign than Shadowrun Returns, with a bunch of technical improvements as well.

Done!

I am now a proud owner of Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut, thanks to my wife for gifting it to me.

Nzyme32

I'm in agreement that MGS3 the better game in the series. I'm actually mixed on what is the worst. Either MGS2 or MGS4. I was surprised with Peace Walker. Of course, it is not similar to the rest of the series in the way it plays, but it did a lot of interesting things and kept my attention more so than MGS2 or MGS4. MGS1 was great for it's time. I'm playing through my old copy of Integral and it is clearly dated but for it's time, was spectacular.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It seems to me there's a lot of interesting data that could be scraped from Steam's database if you could access it conveniently. I'd love to know odd things like how much of my library has the FPS tag or the RPG tag, maybe combine that hours played or achievement completion stats. It'd be further interesting to see how the shape of the Steam library has changed over time--When exactly indie's started booming, what genres/tags are on the upswing/downturn over the years. It's such a pity you can't combine that kind of information with sales data as well. You could actually have some idea of what shape the market is in and maybe predict things like franchise and genre fatigue. Maybe.

I know, right? Oh, the things I could do for people's recommendation queue if I worked at Valve...

maty

I did it, Real Platinum God. Aww yeah!!

My GOTY without a doubt
though I didn't play many games released this year

Some new combinations are awesome, the game also runs great. I liked the new music even if it's a hit and miss for some.

BoI:R is the 2nd most played game on steam right behind the original. Can't recommend it enough.

Now let's see if I can finish the 52 game challenge, I'm like 7 games away but November was all about Isaac

My GOTY without a doubt
though I didn't play many games released this year

Some new combinations are awesome, the game also runs great. I liked the new music even if it's a hit and miss for some.

BoI:R is the 2nd most played game on steam right behind the original. Can't recommend it enough.

Now let's see if I can finish the 52 game challenge, I'm like 7 games away but November was all about Isaac

Awesome, I am trying to do the challenges right now before unlocking
The Lost
. I am not even thinking about Real Platinum God right now.

Every Metal Gear is the best Metal Gear.

I don't even care about the flak heaped on the long scenes and CODEC dialogue or the twisted mealy-mouthed conspiracies at its core. I think it's part of the brilliance. The series refuses to submit to being a simple political or action thriller. It's heavily under the influence of the West, while injecting Eastern idioms.

Kojima is gaming's Kurosawa.

Grief.exe

Anyway, I'm still shocked that frost think that MGS3 is the worst MGS game ever...

Frost's opinions shock many people.

Damn impressive.

Does it really take that long? Also: wow 178 cheevos

You are looking at around 100 hours to get close, but some of the last achievements are really time intensive.

I have ~75% of the aachievements at 60 hours played. I am losing motivation to go for that 100%, I think I will come back to this one down the road.

Benedict

yeah.... about that...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-306CBEBEA034F988 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Done!

I am now a proud owner of Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut, thanks to my wife for gifting it to me.
I wish my wife would gift me things. But then again, I don't have a wife... Or a girlfriend...

:(

Is dragonfall also more open than returns? Returns was pretty straight forward

jshackles

Well, okay...

JkWkdfn.png

Jawmuncher

From what I have played SR4 is the biggest expansion pack labeled as. Sequel ever. Not a bad thing though. Just interesting, hopefully once the powers kick in it'll get more interesting.

jshackles

From what I have played SR4 is the biggest expansion pack labeled as. Sequel ever. Not a bad thing though. Just interesting, hopefully once the powers kick in it'll get more interesting.

It does. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far, but it's gotten exponentially better and more fun as my super powers have increased.

That's actually a common misconception, mouse controls actually give you more range of movement.

I'm not debating how much better mouse & kb is, just that it works well with titanfall. You wouldn't catch me ever trying to play CSGO with a controller, not unless i feel like losing a ton

It's also weirdly a big fan service game to those who played SR 1 & 2. And it's secretly the best They Live game ever made. You'll see

Turfster

Bundlestars is having a Nordic week
  • The Raven 85% off
  • Darksiders Franchise 85% off
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 90% off
  • Dark Fall Franchise 80% off
  • Painkiller Complete 80% off

Top Bottom