• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Alright I'm excited.

It'll probably be some Dawn of War expandalones though.

Probably. Either that and/or Napoleon Total War or vanilla Shogun 2. EDIT: Or the Sonic Adventure games, Sonic 4 Ep 1&2, Alpha Protocol, Hell Yeah, Viking, Aliens Colonoscopy Mariner (LOL), one of the Sega Genesis packs.

already been bundled before and VC is selling too well and way too soon for it.
Just some wishful thinking on my part. Though, being bundled before doesn't make it less likely, as they've added repeats before as bonuses.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Racer 8 -- MB-522241A10A908A5B - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-584A4B6D078C109C - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
KINGDOM RUSH -- MB-11767BA3F99A0C8B - Taken by eyeless. 6 entrants total.
DEPTH HUNTER 2 DEEP DIVE -- MB-53720E48554F90A9 - Taken by roadrunn3r. 4 entrants total.

t1417555747z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Huh, SW: EaW is on my wishlist, and it actually looks and sounds good. Is that a good price, or does it go lower often? Can I expect it to go lower during the Winter Sale?

It's a pretty infrequent sale game. Even if it's a Star Wars weekend or w/e it has a chance of not being included or not being as discounted given its' not as mainstream as other titles. Would snag if you're interested.

FoneBone

Now it's time to wonder what is going to get added to the SEGA Humble Bundle in about 50 minutes.

Crossing my fingers for Sonic Generations or Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. (Or Alpha Protocol, I guess, though hasn't that been bundled before?)

It's a pretty infrequent sale game. Even if it's a Star Wars weekend or w/e it has a chance of not being included or not being as discounted given its' not as mainstream as other titles. Would snag if you're interested.

According to Isthereanydeal it had the same discount back in May, but hasn't been on sale since then.

bigzgod

Oh yay I won BOI: Rebirth! :D

So I shouldn't bother anymore with the previous version ? I never reached mom there, maybe I should have deactivated the DLC. People said that Wrath of the Lamb just made it super hard. :/

Congrats Kiru!

Rebirth seems better in every way but I'm only speaking based on what others have said.

Grief.exe

Oh yay I won BOI: Rebirth! :D

So I shouldn't bother anymore with the previous version ? I never reached mom there, maybe I should have deactivated the DLC. People said that Wrath of the Lamb just made it super hard. :/

Nope. Rebirth is a complete remake of the first game, so no need to play the first at this point.

Alavard

So the sale is over. Now comes the part where I'm pressured to immediately play the games I bought before the Winter Sale starts and my purchases become even cheaper.

Luckily I only bought 3 games this time, and will likely start one of them tonight.

I love Metal Gear Solid 3. Everything about it. From the first second to the last. In fact I've completed it 6 times.

I can understand if someone say they didnt like it. But to say its the worst in the series. Its like saying The Fellowship of the Ring the worst one in the series.

Like Star Wars, my favourite in the Metal Gear series fluctuates, I can't say I have a clear favourite. On the whole, I would say 3 has generally lasted as my favourite the most. I can't think of any serious criticisms I have about the game.

Shadownet

Banned
List time? List time.

All of these for $20
Splinter Cell $1.
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Shadowrun:Dragonfall
Among the Sleep
Resident Evil 5
Breach & Clear
Game Dev Tycoon
Orion Prelude

----------------------------
around $5
The Masterplan
around $9
CoD Black Ops 2 + CoD World At War
around $5
CoD Ghosts

(Or Alpha Protocol, I guess, though hasn't that been bundled before?)

Yes, it has been.

This was the Sega Humble-Bundle March 2014, source is Wikipedia, if I recall correctly Shogun 2 was in the top tier:

Alpha Protocol Obsidian Entertainment
Company of Heroes
Rome: Total War
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Binary Domain
Renegade Ops
10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games
Medieval II: Total War The Creative Assembly
Total War: Shogun 2

maty

Awesome, I am trying to do the challenges right now before unlocking
The Lost
. I am not even thinking about Real Platinum God right now.

I did the same, besides some items you unlock by doing the challenges are quite useful.

With
The Lost
I recommend rerolling until you get good attack items and donate 999 coins which will unlock
"stopwatch" making every enemy go really slow. Best way to play with that character.

Does it really take that long? Also: wow 178 cheevos

Damn impressive.

You are looking at around 100 hours to get close, but some of the last achievements are really time intensive.

I have ~75% of the aachievements at 60 hours played. I am losing motivation to go for that 100%, I think I will come back to this one down the road.

Thanks

Like Grief.exe says unless you are very lucky and good you are looking at 100 hours or more. There are some items that to be unlocked require certain conditions to be met which may not always work.

I beat everything at around 125 hours but I was missing several items so that demanded starting the game over and over until they appeared.

Now I'm just beating every path on hard with all characters for completion's sake.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How about an alternative to sales lists, and something that sparks more constructive conversation?

What game did you pick up during the sale that you are most looking forward to playing, and why? If you've already played it some, what are you initial impressions of the game?

Chariot

I am so sorry, SteamGAF, I started the fire.
Just shoot shadownet and throw him out of a plane.

--

You're right it was too much. I was a bit mad at myself for letting that fly by and even if joking I ended up taking it on you, I apologise.
What no, I was just sad because you didn't get the chance to grab it. :)

Yes, it has been.

This was the Sega Humble-Bundle March 2014, source is Wikipedia, if I recall correctly Shogun 2 was in the top tier:

Company of Heroes
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Binary Domain
Renegade Ops

man, that remains one of the best bundles ever. it shames this current bundle, it makes it cry like a hungry baby

I've been eyeing Winter Voices for years. A bit ago, I stumbled onto it and saw that it was finally completed. Even if it is terrible, I have to satisfy my curiosity for this episodic game.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
As of May 31, 2014, online functionality, including network multiplayer and wireless chat, will no longer be available for this title. We regret any disappointment as a result of the shutdown of the services supporting these online features.

Does that make a big difference though? Sounds like it is more of a singleplayer game anyway. For some reason a Star Wars strategy game sounds appealing to me right now, maybe the new trailer for The Force Awakens is to blame, LOL.

How about an alternative to sales lists, and something that sparks more constructive conversation?

What game did you pick up during the sale that you are most looking forward to playing, and why? If you've already played it some, what are you initial impressions of the game?

For me, Murdered. I know it gets some hate around here, but I've been waiting for it to hit the sweet $5 $6 spot. I'll probably get around to it after Dragon Age.

...so probably never.

So who's doing the separate damange list thread?

It was a 5 day sale, so probably no one.

Or not at all.

I'm good with this one.

Wolfenstein TNO, heard it was great, feels boring so far but I've only played it for an hour, hope it improves or clicks with me because I enjoyed A:CM more.

Octodaaaaaad. Just waiting for my graphics card to arrive.

(That and Saints Row IV, which I've already played on console and enjoyed, so I look forward to playing it again with the DLC)

Alavard

For me, Murdered. I know it gets some hate around here, but I've been waiting for it to hit the sweet $5 $6 spot. I'll probably get around to it after Dragon Age.

...so probably never.

It was a 5 day sale, so probably no one.

I'm good with this one.

As someone who will likely buy Murdered: Soul Suspect during the Winter Sale, I'm certainly not going to throw any hate.

FoneBone

Yes, it has been.

Company of Heroes
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Binary Domain
Renegade Ops
How often do they bundle games that have been previously bundled? (Is it more or less certain that they won't repeat anything from the last SEGA bundle)?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The time I spent with Murdered, I really liked it. The ideas maybe aren't as fleshed out as I would have liked, but the story is passable and fun. For the price it was, it's hard to go wrong.

Wolfenstein TNO, heard it was great, feels boring so far but I've only played it for an hour, hope it improves or clicks with me because I enjoyed A:CM more.

I've been playing this on my PS4
don't hate me GAF
and I've had a similar reaction. I really suck at FPS games, especially so when using a controller. I love the story and the setting, and all of the alt-history stuff is really fascinating. But the actual gameplay just seems kinda boring so far. I'm with you, I hope it gets better.

Alavard

Right, good call.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth for me. I've only put like 10 hours into the original, and never got past Mom, but I've been watching a ton of Youtube LPs of Rebirth and they've hyped me up something fierce. And I'm really looking forward to trying out a controller with the game, to see if it makes my performance any better.

Shadownet

Banned
I got Splinter Cell Double Agent, I already beat it once. Despite most people hating it. I sorta remember liking it, so I want to try it again. Plus, it's Splinter Cell. One of my favorite series ever. Gotta catch them all.

I also got The Masterplan. It seem like a fun little heist game. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. It's like Payday, but overhead view, and more click-and-move. Though I do think this game need controller support.

Also got Breach & Clear. I can't wait to play that. a lot of people recommended it.

Nzyme32

Steam Client Beta Update - December 2nd
2 DECEMBER - MARTINO
General

Added Steam Broadcasting Beta. See http://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting for more info.
Fixed restoring game specific hardware mouse cursors when exiting the in-game overlay
When Steam has internally scheduled a game update to be queued some time in the future, the UI will now display a note to the user indicating that time
Fixed errors in web views not localizing properly

Big Picture

Fixed to ask the user if they'd like to launch immediately or begin updating the game if an update is available but the game has been played recently
When running in 720p mode scale embedded web views so they are readable
Fixed EULA display occasionally failing to display
Revised navigation on profile menu

http://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting - THIS IS INTERESTING :p

Top Bottom