• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

First of all, wireless sucks.

That established, you need a wifi card, unless your mainboard integrates it already (which is rare). Alternatively you can get a USB adapter, but they often suck (on top of the inherent suckage of wireless data transmission). If you go USB, read reviews before selecting one..

Thanks Durante and others. I know that wireless is not optimal but pulling cables from here is simply not a choice. I would literally have to wire it through every single walkway in my house. Then again, I haven't had any wireless problems in past ~1.5 years myself. Then again got an A grade from Cisco CCNA part 1 so I am kind of an expert, you know.

EOP sounds interesting too. And yeah my router supports wireless N.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Really? That's so lame. I still don't get that game. So you can travel other planets, OK what so I do in these planets and why would I want to travel to others?
They played with hue, saturation and brightness! That's art.

The presentation gave me a headache.

Building a PC you say...

giphy.gif

Really? That's so lame. I still don't get that game. So you can travel other planets, OK what so I do in these planets and why would I want to travel to others?

Im super skeptical of the game. If they worlds are truly random (as random as it could be), it will be uninteresting. It has to be rigged in order to create memorable moments.

autoduelist

1.Download and install the free version of AVG. (You can get it directly from the developer or from CNET's download section)
2.On the upper right corner of the client window there will be a support link. Click it.
3.Click on the Reactivate button to the right side to bring up the input box.

Any idea how long this lasts or if I can transfer it to a new machine? My new computer gets here next week.

RE: Ethernet over blackmagic: If I get this: http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/2163/dgvgf/ZyXEL-PLA-4201-Powerline-adapteri-2-kpl

I would be good to go? (Couple of RJ45 / CAT5 cables non withstanding)

Go for ones that have gigabit ethernet ports, the ones you link only have 10/100 and will limit your speed a lot regardless of the 500Mbps speed advertised.

Using the same site, these are better.
http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/10643/dmrvk/ZyXEL-PLA5205-Powerline-adapteri-2-kpl

ViviOggi

Really? That's so lame. I still don't get that game. So you can travel to other planets, OK so what do I do in these planets and why would I want to travel to others?

They played with hue, saturation and brightness! That's art.

The presentation gave me a headache.

Im super skeptical of the game. If they worlds are truly random (as random as it could be), it will be uninteresting. It has to be rigged in order to create memorable moments.

Wow this really is the polar opposite of gaming side

Dr Dogg

So I did a bad thing on the way home...
Yeah I know :(

Still not as bad as EA though...
I mean come on it's not like they have 100's of releases to manage and not get them in the wrong order.

Also I loved the Mako. I could shimmy that sucker into a sardine can.

Man, DMC4 is a crazy optimized game, I'm so glad Capcom learned how to port their games to PC <3

Well when you looked at the PS2/Xbox/GC era and their outsourcing efforts and then how they responded it was a complete polar opposite. Lost Planet was a cracking job but then DMC4 & RE5 raised the bar. Then again GFWL was festering around and Capcom had started courting the consoles more afterwards :(

Sounds good to me.

When you get your hands on RE5 you should be able to push it further than I can. 5120x2880 and I'm out of VRAM with plenty of performance to eek out of one GPU let alone 2.

During that time period they were also going full GFWL. One step forward, two back.
Huh, I thought DMC4 wasn't GFWL but just regular GFW.
Must've played it after they patched it out then or something.

Well when you looked at the PS2/Xbox/GC era and their outsourcing efforts and then how they responded it was a complete polar opposite. Lost Planet was a cracking job but then DMC4 & RE5 raised the bar. Then again GFWL was festering around and Capcom had started courting the consoles more afterwards :(
I can't wait until GFWL is patched out of RE5, I played it earlier this year and damn, it still looks purty.

Deques

Damn, Steam is down, I was going to ask a trader to get me the Disney Other-Worldly Adventure Pack :(

Edit: I think it's back online

How difficult is The Evil Within? Is there a NG+ option, if I start if from the beginning on the highest difficulty is doable, or you need upgrade from a preavious play?

The standard difficulty isn't super hard.
Yes, there is a NG+ option -- when using it, you can play on any difficulty you completed and below (via chapter select or whatever).

So if you start on Survival (not Casual) when you complete it, you can play Survival or Casual in NG+ with the unlocked weapons and your upgraded Sebastian.

And starting from the beginning on any difficulty is doable -- it's forced that you start over if you choose a difficulty higher than the ones you completed on. If it required NG+ to have upgrades and such, it'd be outwright impossible. I'm almost done with chapter 6 on Survival and I haven't hit any area that's outright rage-inducingly difficult.

Dr Dogg

Huh, I thought DMC4 wasn't GFWL but just regular GFW.
Must've played it after they patched it out then or something.

I can't wait until GFWL is patched out of RE5, I played it earlier this year and damn, it still looks purty.

DMC4 and the initial Lost Planet were GFWL free though retail copies were GFW branded. It's LP Colonies and after that the disease caught on.

I'm in two minds whether to go through RE5 and get the Xbox/GFWL Live achievements before the Steamworks patch drops or hold on in case they give us some extras (though I doubt the Gold Edition DLC is coming over but it's nice to dream).

Heck, Origin doesn't even know what DLC for Dragon Age Origins I own.

I've got the same with some of my ME2 DLC. It shows up on BioWare Social but not in the Origin client. I really should get on to support about that.

Aaron D.

Speaking of that image, if I had the authority, that "why not both" would be a 1 week ban. Its so annoying when you see someone ask something like "should I get a or b?" And then 1 of the first comments is why not both. If he or she could afford both they wouldn't be asking.

On the other hand it's a pretty apt counter to inane "If a developer features A in their game then they obviously can't have B." See: Gameplay > Graphics, Gameplay > Story/Cutscenes, etc.

Tizoc

Yeah various disney games are on sale, dare I get them now in case they don't go on sale during the Winter Seal?

derExperte

Yeah various disney games are on sale, dare I get them now in case they don't go on sale during the Winter Seal?

Wait until the weekend sale officially starts or you might look dumb when we get dailies. Or I might look dumb when there isn't a weekend sale.

Top Bottom