• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That Deer God game looks sweet

Yeah, with Unity and (to a lesser extent) Far Cry 4 on the backburner until I upgrade GPUs, and Borderlands: TPS being a once-a-week co-op endeavor, I need something to play, so I think I'll take a leap of faith.

wazoo

The Crew impressions on steam are very positive ...

Add the fact that negative ones are most often of "I hate ubisoft" kind.

JaseC

What madness is this?!

Haha, a day or two ago I said that it'd been donkey's years since I've played a Metroid-inspired game I've particularly enjoyed (I'd say the last was Aquaria and in a few days it'll be 7 years old) and I like the little I've seen of TDG. I realise it's not purely a "Metroidvania" a la Aquaria, but that's okay.

Edit: What I really should do is smash through South Park so I can vote for it as my GOTY... but the jury's still out on that actually happening.

If i kinda like Saints Row 3 and was sorta into Saints Row 4, would i like saints row 2? Just wondering if i should go back and check it out or if im better just moving on.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh? The second season is the same as the first season. So if you liked the first you gonna like the seconds too, the same if you didn't like it. And the action is a huge homage to certain american and Hong Kong action movies, which is why Revy and co. just slaughter themselves through enemies like that with rarely getting hurt. Maybe you should give season 2 another try, if you were on the edge with season 1. It has some neat Balalaika moments in it and the awesome carnival of killers.

well i heard season 2 is basically all action scenes and no character development

considering i didn't care whatsoever for the action scenes that has me a bit worried :I

If i kinda like Saints Row 3 and was sorta into Saints Row 4, would i like saints row 2? Just wondering if i should go back and check it out or if im better just moving on.
hmm, good question

it's a much less outrageous game but it's still pretty zany, even tho i think some of it is actually pretty scarily dark. i don't remember all that much about it, i know the driving was kind of shit but that's about it

tbh if you "kinda liked" the other two, i don't think you'll find enough of a difference, so probably move on?

i liked all three games so...

JaseC

Working must've broken him.

I wasn't expecting Unity to be unplayable on my system so I have a void to fill. :( Far Cry 4 runs acceptably "well" but it's just too similar to Far Cry 3 for my liking (not that I hated it, but I didn't love it, either).

zkylon

zkylewd
also seriously the mission in which you
hide that monster truck guy's girlfriend in the trunk of a car for him to crush her to death with his car
was pretty fucking messed up

im glad to see that there's a consensus
just go play something else

it's a bit different, but that's about it. if the other games didn't do it for you, neither will this one

Chariot

well i heard season 2 is basically all action scenes and no character development

considering i didn't care whatsoever for the action scenes that has me a bit worried :I
That's certainly not true. It's just that some of Black Lagoons character development is very subtle at times and easy to miss, if you don't really watch the show. In the OVA's the character development a lot more obvious, but I argue that it's there, visible even before that.

As 4 is clearly the best SR I dig more of that.

SR4 is a series of withstand-waves-of-enemies, protect-a-friend missions with a few times where you are forced to use your powers. i dunno, it felt like they didn't have enough time/budget to really change stuff outside of the super powers

Monooboe

And it's done, finished Dragon Age Inquisition just now... 100 hours.o_O Such an awesome adventure, got a little fatigued in the end and just finished it. Wonder if we will get an expansion or a sequel that tackles the ending.

Arthea

I actually did play Trails... for about 15 or so minutes, haha.

you simply don't know what you are missing, lemme tell you:
you can collect: food, recipes, monster data (well, monster book is not available still, but it will be some day!), newspapers, books, quartz , armour, weapons, shining poms, sepith, funny chatter, chests' one-liners and that's not even all you can do!

Tellaerin

So Disney waits until after the big sale, when I've got all of $3 left in my Steam wallet, to put their stuff on sale. Thanks, guys! >_<

Arthea

So Disney waits until after the big sale, when I've got all of $3 left in my Steam wallet, to put their stuff on sale. Thanks, guys! >_<

I kinda think it's smart move... sorta. Between all those discounted games nobody would care about -50%, but now they have all attention on themselves. Totally calculated move (><)

just realized disney pack does not contain all the steam disney games >_<

of course not, there is mega pack, princess pack and at least 2 standalone games that I remember right now.
I kinda thought it's weird to call mega pack something that's not really mega, but then again we have GOTY for not GOTYs, Complete not complete, etc. So what's the difference?

I hate to remind you this, but LucasArts is part of Disney now...

edited: niggenn!

Fair point -- but I figured the LucasArts stuff may have fallen into some sort of limbo after the acquisition. Especially since Disney owns Marvel and not only do we see Disney games @ 50% off at the moment, but we also have seen the WB published LEGO Marvel game drop to $5.

There is no rhyme or reason to why those 4 LEGO games never get discounted, it seems.

However, since they're some of the earliest games in the LEGO "genre", you're not actually missing much by not owning them, unless -- like me -- you just want them in your collection.

Speaking of The Witcher I'm surprised this is still showing up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9810/

That's got to be taunting some peeps.

Oh my god, those prettied up bullshots.

0000003868.1920x1080.jpg

0000003867.1920x1080.jpg

Today you wouldn't be able to release such shots without receiving a major backlash. A bit bummed that the actual game doesn't look like this.

Top Bottom