• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

zkylon

zkylewd
That's certainly not true. It's just that some of Black Lagoons character development is very subtle at times and easy to miss, if you don't really watch the show. In the OVA's the character development a lot more obvious, but I argue that it's there, visible even before that.
i wouldn't call anything about it subtle, but ok, maybe i'll give the second season a shot

like i said i'm not a great fan of the series or anything but there's something about it that caught my interest so considering it's about as long as i can dedicate to one of these things, i may as well see it through the end

but yea prolly too violent for me

See? this is why people think you hate them.
/s
well but i do hate saoirse

Tellaerin

At least they have discounted stuff you want, they'll never discount their Lego games >.<

Never say never. Anything's possible. (Though if this is any indication, they'll probably do it at a bad time and not promote it at all. >.> )

Better hustle up some more dough, chief.
Sell dem cards. Fund dat wallet. Get dem games.

Can't sell what nobody's buying. : / I've got some stuff up there now (including a couple of foils) but even though I'm undercutting everyone, nothing's moving. Them's the breaks, I guess.

I kinda think it's smart move... sorta. Between all those discounted games nobody would care about -50%, but now they have all attention on themselves. Totally calculated move (><)

Double-edged sword, though. They get more attention this way, but coming off of a sale like this, a lot of people are suffering from wallet fatigue. Might've been better if they'd waited another week or two. (On the other hand, iosefe was waiting for this, so I'm glad he finally managed to pick up what he wanted on sale.)

Curious to see how my steam stream runs.
While playing Wings of Vi somebody watched for a few minutes. He/she didn't comment on the quality though.

I have the settings very low due to my piss-poor upload speed (1 m/b)

Wings of Vi is tough btw.
I've set the game to easy and I'm still hitting the restart button a bunch.

Fair point -- but I figured the LucasArts stuff may have fallen into some sort of limbo after the acquisition. Especially since Disney owns Marvel and not only do we see Disney games @ 50% off at the moment, but we also have seen the WB published LEGO Marvel game drop to $5.

There is no rhyme or reason to why those 4 LEGO games never get discounted, it seems.

However, since they're some of the earliest games in the LEGO "genre", you're not actually missing much by not owning them, unless -- like me -- you just want them in your collection.

It just seems like disney ignores them. The Marvel game was published by WB, and they're not scared to slash their game prices down to that sweet $5 price point. we've gotten used to not paying stupid prices for those games.

so, really, it's disney being turds about it. that's why i was surprised that they remember the monkey island games a couple of months ago and put them on sale, i thought they had forgotten that they had those lucas properties.

Chariot

i wouldn't call anything about it subtle, but ok, maybe i'll give the second season a shot

like i said i'm not a great fan of the series or anything but there's something about it that caught my interest so considering it's about as long as i can dedicate to one of these things, i may as well see it through the end

but yea prolly too violent for me
Subtle for anime standards were they can't keep quiet even if it's obvious. That goes so far that people still denied the Revy and Rock relationship during Baile de los Muertos, when there were in retrospect very obvious clues to this. The same to some other things that I don't want to spoil.

It just seems like disney ignores them. The Marvel game was published by WB, and they're not scared to slash their game prices down to that sweet $5 price point we've gotten used to not paying stupid prices for those games.

so, really, it's disney being turds about it. that's why i was surprised that they remember the monkey island games a couple of months ago and put them on sale, i thought they had forgotten that they had those lucas properties.

The weirdest part is that LucasArts never put them on sale either... not in my 5 years on Steam, I think... they've never been discounted enough to the point where I felt like I wanted to pick them up.

Jawmuncher

Curious to see how my steam stream runs.
While playing Wings of Vi somebody watched for a few minutes. He/she didn't comment on the quality though.

I have the settings very low due to my piss-poor upload speed (1 m/b)

Wings of Vi is tough btw.
I've set the game to easy and I'm still hitting the restart button a bunch.

I cant even find your profile on steam when I search.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Locked in only 30 minutes. The anti-Yaiba agenda is real.

"Story Trailer - Regrets" seems to sum this up nicely :p

header.jpg

Thanks for The Deer God impressions. I was hoping that the game turned out to be good, especially since it seemed so promising back when it was on Greenlight.

Lomax

I think we're all still amazed Disney put all those games on Steam at all. Personally the only reason I plan to pick up the mega pack this evening is I expect it to get region locked before it ever hits 75% off.

Jawmuncher

Looks like the thread was locked after someone accused him of trolling, which is kind of messed up. As far as I know, Ozium genuinely likes Yaiba. I remember him posting about that here.

At least it was just locked and not someone hidden behind modbot with a remark.

Kiru

I really suck at playing Binding of Isaac. Maybe it's because I use a keyboard. Still haven't reached mom and I only get crap upgrades too.

Looks like the thread was locked after someone accused him of trolling, which is kind of messed up. As far as I know, Ozium genuinely likes Yaiba. I remember him posting about that here.

He does.
Just like I do.
Just like lashman does.
Just like Fuzzi does.
Just like the rest of the people who won my giveaways and got it from me as a gift did.

The way Ozium presented it was probably a bit antagonistic, but I have no doubt he thinks the game is good and wanted others to know.

Jawmuncher

He does.
Just like I do.
Just like lashman does.
Just like Fuzzi does.
Just like the rest of the people who won my giveaways and got it from me as a gift did.

The way Ozium presented it was probably a bit antagonistic, but I have no doubt he thinks the game is good and wanted others to know.

Yeah if you don't know Ozium I can see how a thread suddenly made saying its the best could be seen as just a troll opinion.

He does.
Just like I do.
Just like lashman does.
Just like Fuzzi does.

I liked what I played of it at E3. I never understood the hate for it. Maybe I'm just a Ninja Gaiden fanboy. Looking forward to picking up Yaiba in the winter sale.

Tellaerin

Yeah if you don't know Ozium I can see how a thread suddenly made saying its the best could be seen as just a troll opinion.

I think the problem wasn't with Ozium. It was this post right here.

ctw0e said:
This guy (the OP) mentioned in a Steam-thread that he'd create this thread for provocation purposes. In other words, he's just trolling.

Don't feed him and don't acknowledge his existence.

Yaiba is fucken garbage and should not be played by anyone. I know people like being sarcastic and all but this is serious business, we are talking about HUMAN LIVES here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't seem to remember Ozium saying anything about wanting to troll people. So saying something like that just to get the man's thread closed seems pretty fucked up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Subtle for anime standards were they can't keep quiet even if it's obvious. That goes so far that people still denied the Revy and Rock relationship during Baile de los Muertos, when there were in retrospect very obvious clues to this. The same to some other things that I don't want to spoil.

hmm alright

it's a weird show, i love its setting and some of the promise of its characters but i also find it kind of repulsive to watch

i'll prolly marathon through its second season one of these days and see for myself what i think

it's not really in my nature to not try things

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

CIRCUITS -- MB-49BDC1A63C6C29CC - Taken by D3RANG3D
THE SUN AT NIGHT -- MB-E209D763FE738B5C - Taken by ExoSoul

have a needlemouse racer

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-EEC39B991D5B2DC2 - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.

t1417641612z1.png

Tizoc

I'm now in dat X-mas spirit~
I'm waiting to get Yaiba. i don't think I've ever play any game from that series yet.

Keep in mind that it doesn't exactly play like its predecessors. It's a Musou-like game, and should be played on Easiest difficulty first, then later playthroughs on Normal or higher.
It can be fun if you're open minded, so hope you enjoy it if you get it~

Started out Papers, Please! with being rather emphatic, but eventually started to get more cold and just did my damn job!! "You have discrepancies? Ok, let's see what we have. Fingerprints and other stuff don't help and you have further discrepancies? Detain!" Hell, my mother in law is sick, yet I opted for the upgrade. lmao

Turfster

We Slay Monsters steam keys from Flying Greenlight Bundle 2 added to Desura

Amazon has Transformers Fall of Cybertron 75% off

zkylon

zkylewd
Started out Papers, Please! with being rather emphatic, but eventually started to get more cold and just did my damn job!! "You have discrepancies? Ok, let's see what we have. Fingerprints and other stuff don't help and you have further discrepancies? Detain!" Hell, my mother in law is sick, yet I opted for the upgrade. lmao

it's crazy how simple and powerful decisions are in papers please

like there's nothing stopping you from detaining everyone so the decision if you wanna trade some of your humanity for a better home for your family is 100% on you

i love it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i still don't get this

why would anyone want an untradeable gift

Their bot is set up as a middle-man in the trade. As a seller, you list an untradeable gift on dispenser.tf that you'd like to trade for keys/hats/whatever. Then you gift it to the dispenser.tf bot. When a buyer comes along and "buys" it from you on dispenser.tf, the dispenser bot gifts the user the game.

It's basically a way to bypass the new trading restrictions, but it requires that the seller implicitly trust the dispenser.tf bot to hold their item until it's sold.

Finally got through the last two episodes of Cognition.

I really enjoyed episode 3 and it's probably the best one in the series. There's some great interplay between the two main characters, and the way it's set up makes it feel like a bottle movie. Or maybe two bottle movies in one. Hard to explain without spoiling but it was really good.

Episode 4...meh. The story felt like it was already winding down after the climax at the end of ep 3. All the pieces were in place, you just had to go through the motions. They also added a weird "trust" mechanic, which would have been awesome if, say, they implemented it in episode 1 and your levels of trust carried over from episode to episode to affect the ending. But the mechanic only really affects one character story-wise, and the rest is either meaningless or activates branching achievements. The ending was...definitive. I don't really see how they'd make any sequels even though it was called "Season One."

Still, it's a great series and one of the better adventure games out there today.

zkylon

zkylewd
Their bot is set up as a middle-man in the trade. As a seller, you list an untradeable gift on dispenser.tf that you'd like to trade for keys/hats/whatever. Then you gift it to the dispenser.tf bot. When a buyer comes along and "buys" it from you on dispenser.tf, the dispenser bot gifts the user the game.

It's basically a way to bypass the new trading restrictions, but it requires that the seller implicitly trust the dispenser.tf bot to hold their item until it's sold.
but why would anyone buy that game

like it's untradeable unless you're from that region and if you're from that region you might as well buy it cheap yourself right?

Top Bottom