• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Annubis

Son fuck the sloth demon boss fight in dragon age origins. The dude has like 5 forms and I'm spanking all of them. Then suddenly on his final form he does 1 move that 1HKOs practically my whole team except for alister and I'm assuming its cause he has massive armor and some flame resistance accessories

Are you talking about the one in the mage tower?
Are you using the item you should be using??

zkylon

zkylewd
Kinda but not really?

According to some Russian friends I know, Valve have set up a certain flag that gets tripped when an account buys more than x amount of games as a gift in a certain amount of time. When the Russian trips that flag, they are shadowbanned from buying games as a gift for a period of time, I'm guessing about a week or so. It doesn't stop them from buying games for themselves, per se, just gifts for other people.

gotcha, still dead :p

derExperte

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944689

Heh.

Umh, lol, no, actually Armageddon is "the worst" in the franchise. The best are probably Red Faction 1 and Guerrila.
The DLC is a more of the same, so judje by yourself.

RF2 is much worse than Arma which isn't bad, just a massive downgrade compared to G.

No Man's Sky hype levels are still off the charts over on gaming side

Dat S factor

They get hyped for grey consoles. That happens when you got no game(s).

Turfster

I'd imagine you should be able to go to the barracks and equip the weapon you want.
Yes, but not an hour into a mission you're trying to A rank ;)

Edit: Just said fuck it and B ranked it due to having to do a stupid song and dance with base retreating and reinforcements.

Strazyplus

So - this is in it's very early stages, but I have been working on upgrading the Enhanced Steam Standalone. Not the internal script code that powers the add-on, but the launcher code and the way it interacts with the user.

Long story short, I've been able to inject Enhanced Steam's code into web requests using a reverse proxy that no longer requires user intervention. You won't need to edit the hosts file or change any networking configuration whatsoever to use it. Simply launch the program and continue browsing Steam as normal.

This is pretty exciting stuff.

When can I download this :O

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When can I download this :O

It's a pretty big mess at the moment. Hopefully I'll have a working prototype up in the next few days.

Anustart

There was a forum post not long ago that made it pretty clear the intent is to retroactively lock the package currently being sold, so it's probably not worth the risk at this point.

And speaking of Putin-land, anyone have a reliable source for the Disney Mega Pack for around $20? None of the people I usually deal with are online.

Retroactively? As in my copy I bought for 17$ is going to be locked?

Lomax

I bought it and activate it this summer, I have no RU tag on my Steam account, so I think I've secured this purchase from a retro-lock, right?

Retroactively? As in my copy I bought for 17$ is going to be locked?

If you bought it before they made the new sub, you're probably fine (we won't really know for sure until release though). So if your account says Witcher 3 RU OLD, you'll most likely be fine. But if you have the new sub, the one that isn't supposed to be tradable (but still is for some reason), don't be surprised if they add a run-time lock to it.

Turfster

Strike Suit Infinity was added to the Yogscast bundle... if anyone got that.

Also did some more weapon upgrades and VC didn't ask me anything, but still changed things, so... *shrug*

Anustart

If you bought it before they made the new sub, you're probably fine (we won't really know for sure until release though). So if your account says Witcher 3 RU OLD, you'll most likely be fine. But if you have the new sub, the one that isn't supposed to be tradable (but still is for some reason), don't be surprised if they add a run-time lock to it.

How do I view which sub I have?

anyone wants to help me pick what to play next?

not sure what i want to play, i'm thinking nothing too long but i also feel like playing king's bounty so i'm undecided. also bear in mind that some games i have like zero hours (like system shock 2) i've already played, so like i've probably had my go at most of the essentials in my list :p

ty!

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's leftovers. You could probably beat it in one sitting. It's charming and pretty funny as well. For as cheap as it's been, I'm saddened by how I see nobody singing it's praises. It's good fun.

tinybig.png

Ozium

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's leftovers. You could probably beat it in one sitting. It's charming and pretty funny as well. For as cheap as it's been, I'm saddened by how I see nobody singing it's praises. It's good fun.

it's a fun little game w/ a neat little laser cutting mechanic.. i played it while idling cards before idlemaster existed

Backlogger

"one sitting" for me is sometimes only around 30 mins, so I still haven't completed it, but yes, I second this post. I was pleasantly surprised with it when I played it. Has nice art direction, puzzles and physics. Definitely worth a play through if you haven't given it a shot yet.

I see that you don't have any time on Bioshock 1, so I am going to assume this is either an error or you played it on a console or something. If you haven't played it for some reason, I would go with Bioshock

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just beat Metal Gear Rising, what an absolutely ridiculous game in the best way possible. Very fun gameplay as expected from Platinum. I enjoyed the anime story too for what it was, especially the codec convos that focused on cyborg-related technobabble since a lot of it gave me Ghost in the Shell vibes. I have to say that I did want a bit more fluidity in some stages as far as maneuverability goes, but that's mostly because I've been spoiled by Bayonetta.

Played on Normal. I'll keep coming back to it on and off for the VR missions, titles, achievements, etc. Totally down for a sequel.

Uzzy

I've been working really hard to resist the temptation of divinity original sin and wasteland 2 this sale, but what about korra? At 10 bucks I'm just so tempted..

Yay or nay?

Sure, it's a good character action game, though it's very obviously a budget title. So there's a fair bit of repetition with enemy types and levels. But the gameplay is really good, especially once you unlock all the moves.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

not sure what i want to play, i'm thinking nothing too long but i also feel like playing king's bounty so i'm undecided. also bear in mind that some games i have like zero hours (like system shock 2) i've already played, so like i've probably had my go at most of the essentials in my list :p

ty!

Either:

play New Vegas again to get the five achievements you're apparently missing :p

or

play OlliOlli because it looks cool.

Or fuck both of those, play Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon instead.

Ozium

Either:

or

I agree with OlliOlli and I almost recommended it but it's not really a game you sit down for long periods of time IMO.. it's more of a pick up andp lay for 20 minutes game...

but zkylon should be playing it regardless

Speevy

Banned
It's not their fault. It's how they were bread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I am Bread -- MB-7AACA6F5107B6F89 - Taken by derExperte. 49 entrants total.

t1417663092z1.png

Game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-26A30E704EB47589 - Taken by The Reloader

tebunker

Banned

ty!
Metro

or for something different why not Risen, I thought it was a little obtuse but enjoyable game

zkylon

zkylewd
sorry~~

Dreaming Sarah

seems like a zkylon game

and let us know what you think
yeah i have it installed and in deep consideration

sounds like something i could appreciate

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
fuck you

Floating point while you try to figure it out.
Also, cards really ruined the "pick something I haven't played yet" =p
yeah, i was thinking what other way i could use but putting every interesting game into the "looking into" category would take forever

i tried it a bit but didn't really enjoy it all that much

I see that you don't have any time on Bioshock 1, so I am going to assume this is either an error or you played it on a console or something. If you haven't played it for some reason, I would go with Bioshock
yea already beaten bio 1 a bunch of times

Either:

yea, some day i'll get those fuckers

i'm hoping that new vegas gets cards some day so i get an excuse

i'm a big tony hawk pro skater 2 fan so i might have to actually try this

i actually bought this only cos i used to play it with my brother when we were both like 8 or something

i invited him over and we tried it for a bit and neither of us remembered anything lol

Everlasting Summer
Bad Rats
Recettear
i really should play more recettear

maybe i'll actually do recettear

I agree with OlliOlli and I almost recommended it but it's not really a game you sit down for long periods of time IMO.. it's more of a pick up andp lay for 20 minutes game...

but zkylon should be playing it regardless
confusing -__-

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. Seeing you have almost no achievements makes me think you have not touched this awesome game, please give it a try.
i actually played it a lot but i'm guessing i'm just terrible at it lol

i gave up on it after like the sixth restart and here's your new guy! cos i found it was a bit tiresome

still pretty fun game

Metro

or for something different why not Risen, I thought it was a little obtuse but enjoyable game
already beaten metro, i wonder if i had beaten it during my pirate days but i'm def a fan

risen i dunno, i tried it for a lil bit but didn't catch my interest

Top Bottom