• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Turfster

Jesus christ Valkyria Chronicles why are my level 20 elite shocktroopers made of tissue paper and the enemy ones made from titanium?
"Oh you hit him with 20 bullets with super damage on, you did 4 damage." "He hits you 8 times and you lose all your health and die."

zkylon

zkylewd
Jesus christ Valkyria Chronicles why are my level 20 elite shocktroopers made of tissue paper and the enemy ones made from titanium?
"Oh you hit him with 20 bullets with super damage on, you did 4 damage." "He hits you 8 times and you lose all your health and die."

wow how did you get them to level 20

most i did was take scouts which are fairly cheap to upgrade to 17

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
but why would anyone buy that game

like it's untradeable unless you're from that region and if you're from that region you might as well buy it cheap yourself right?

It's not untradeable in the sense that ACRTAG is enabled (thus you can't add it to your library) - it's untradeable in the sense that it's literally been restricted from trading for 30 days because of the new rules they put in place to prevent fraud. The game is still giftable, but it can't be traded.

This just gifts the game to the middle-man, then the middle man gifts the game to you. Once you have it, you can activate it on your account just fine.

Turfster

wow how did you get them to level 20

most i did was take scouts which are fairly cheap to upgrade to 17

Put on an episode of something on another screen and ran skirmish 7 a couple of times with just Alicia in one minute (3 turns), also did almost all the reports (except for the last one)

Tecl0n

but why would anyone buy that game

like it's untradeable unless you're from that region and if you're from that region you might as well buy it cheap yourself right?

this is not to jump over ther ACRTAG tag, but rather the new restriction of 30 days.

EDIT: beaten :(

Jawmuncher

Yeah the defense damage seems really odd in VC1.
Don't remember that much of a difference in VC2.

Regardless though Defense Boost plus caution makes you unstoppable.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not untradeable in the sense that ACRTAG is enabled (thus you can't add it to your library) - it's untradeable in the sense that it's literally been restricted from trading for 30 days because of the new rules they put in place to prevent fraud. The game is still giftable, but it can't be traded.

This just gifts the game to the middle-man, then the middle man gifts the game to you. Once you have it, you can activate it on your account just fine.

so does this mean russian capitalism heaven is back?

Put on an episode of something on another screen and ran skirmish 7 a couple of times with just Alicia in one minute (3 turns), also did almost all the reports (except for the last one)
why bother tho

i still feel like leveling up people beyond elite is kind of a waste of time

which reminds me, i still gotta play some of the challenge missions and the edy stuff

Yeah the defense damage seems really odd in VC1.
Don't remember that much of a difference in VC2.

Regardless though Defense Boost plus caution makes you unstoppable.
damage in general is super weird

like why do people receive less damage if they're hit by bullets from a higher distance -__-

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I tried playing Sigma on the Vita after getting it through PS+. Didn't enjoy it much and the horrendous camera made sure the game got uninstalled after an hour.

Yup, I definitely gotta agree with you on the camera. There are now 4 or 5 different versions of NG and the camera is just downright awful in every single release sadly. Once you get used to the camera though, the game is just amazing imo.

Thanks for the answer and thanks for testing the waters. :D

Anytime...well maybe not anytime since I don't want to get permabanned :p

DocSeuss

So a Bioware writer saw my Half-Life article and liked it. :D

Speaking of region-specific stuff...

fm2012krxcego.jpg

tumblr_mjxtrocujr1rxkmdrja.gif

lol, captioned wrong.

Should be "aww, that's exciting." Awe is its own thing.

*shakes fist*

Turfster

i still feel like leveling up people beyond elite is kind of a waste of time
Yeah, it is, but I was annoyed at a mission and figured it might help. (spoiler, it didn't)
Hell, most of the weapons don't even make that much of a real difference either because of stupid RNGesus

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Honestly, I haven't seen it used much. It's also still clunky as hell - each user has to add the bot user as a friend on Steam. It doesn't appear that very many people are trusting it right now, but at least the option is available I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, it is, but I was annoyed at a mission and figured it might help. (spoiler, it didn't)
Hell, most of the weapons don't even make that much of a real difference either because of stupid RNGesus

i didn't feel there was much of a rng issue tbh (aside from the potential system)

just like walk up to them shoot them point blank was how i played most of the game

in general the progression system in valkyria is pretty poor, even upgrading half the classes to elites was useless.

Oh I thought Yaiba was a spin-off of something, so I assumed gameplay would be somewhat similar to whatever the core series is.

My bad.

It's merely set in the same universe.
It's got about as much similarity as Metroid Prime has to Super Metroid (maybe less, even... you see Ryu and Momiji ... and deal with things relating to them... but that's largely it. Otherwise, it's a musou with a character action moveset (for the most part, if you imagine the uncommon enemies as captains of sorts), not a straight up action game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Honestly, I haven't seen it used much. It's also still clunky as hell - each user has to add the bot user as a friend on Steam. It doesn't appear that very many people are trusting it right now, but at least the option is available I guess.

let's hope eventually

i can't afford shitty latin american (aka same as the usa) prices

bigzgod

Kinda but not really?

According to some Russian friends I know, Valve have set up a certain flag that gets tripped when an account buys more than x amount of games as a gift in a certain amount of time. When the Russian trips that flag, they are shadowbanned from buying games as a gift for a period of time, I'm guessing about a week or so. It doesn't stop them from buying games for themselves, per se, just gifts for other people.

Ozium

He does.
Just like I do.
Just like lashman does.
Just like Fuzzi does.
Just like the rest of the people who won my giveaways and got it from me as a gift did.

The way Ozium presented it was probably a bit antagonistic, but I have no doubt he thinks the game is good and wanted others to know.

what's antagonistic to say that it's better than NG2 and NG3?

is it because yaiba runs at 60fps while those other games are more "cinematic?"

Turfster

Oh for fuck's sake buying the mortar upgrade switched all my non-special weapon lancers to the stupid mortar... which I only discover when I'm deep into this shitty mission.
I'm done with VC.

Chariot

Oh for fuck's sake buying the mortar upgrade switched all my non-special weapon lancers to the stupid mortar... which I only discover when I'm deep into this shitty mission.
I'm done with VC.
When you upgrade a new weapon it asks you if you want to equip all units of the class with it. It can happen quickly that you just push 'yes' :(

Pachimari

Sorry, I've been busy.
Ok, go to your Steam library and right-click on GTAIV in your list. Select Properties from the pulldown menu. Then click on Set Launch Options.
Type -nomemrestrict -norestrictions in the box and click OK.
Launch the game and all the graphics options should work. They did for me, at least. (Tried with 7950 3GB)

It looks better, sort of. Some things are more improved than others. The characters are really sharp, but some of the background stuff not so much. I personally prefer it, but the presentation is more uneven.

Thank you so much for this tip! I know it's late, but I only got to look at it now. :)

Edit:
Oh no, I forgot I have to downgrade my Steam version of the game in order to mod iCEenhancer. I'm lost. :(

Tellaerin

what's antagonistic to say that it's better than NG2 and NG3?

is it because yaiba runs at 60fps while those other games are more "cinematic?"

I think it's the whole "technical mastery" thing. NG2 and 3 are generally described as games with deep combat systems that require effort and dedication to master. "Hardcore" games. Apparently Yaiba can't hang with such prestigious company. Doesn't matter whether or not it's fun - that's irrelevant. And if you're having fun with something like Yaiba, you're probably not a "real" gamer anyway, and possibly an outright troll.

Don't feel bad, bro. I get the same kind of shit for my love of Musou games.

Lomax

So did the witcher 3 ever have that flag get activated? That nice, low price intrigues me.

There was a forum post not long ago that made it pretty clear the intent is to retroactively lock the package currently being sold, so it's probably not worth the risk at this point.

_hekk05

Banned
I've been working really hard to resist the temptation of divinity original sin and wasteland 2 this sale, but what about korra? At 10 bucks I'm just so tempted..

Yay or nay?

jshackles

So - this is in it's very early stages, but I have been working on upgrading the Enhanced Steam Standalone. Not the internal script code that powers the addon, but the launcher code and the way it interacts with the user.

Long story short, I've been able to inject Enhanced Steam's code into web requests using a reverse proxy that no longer requires user intervention. You won't need to edit the hosts file or change any networking configuration whatsoever to use it. Simply launch the program and continue browsing Steam as normal.

Once you exit out of the program, your Steam is no longer Enhanced. Like the original Standalone concept, this uses a reverse-proxy but one that requires no user configuration.

This is pretty exciting stuff.

Son fuck the sloth demon boss fight in dragon age origins. The dude has like 5 forms and I'm spanking all of them. Then suddenly on his final form he does 1 move that 1HKOs practically my whole team except for alister and I'm assuming its cause he has massive armor and some flame resistance accessories

jshackles

This can't trigger a ban on your account, right?

It's functionally no different than the existing Standalone application, which itself is functionally no different than using the browser extension. The "injection" happens after the server response is returned: meaning Steam doesn't know that the response is being tampered with.

Top Bottom