• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lomax

I like this one better. *thumb up*

Hey, so apparently you can get flagged by Valve if you gift too much?

If I had to guess, I'd bet it's only true in certain regions.

Well, yes, because if you're "gifting too much" then you may very well be selling them for profit. We've seen region-specific sale helpers (i.e. people who help others buy games from certain regions during Steam's larger sale periods, such as the US and AU) inadvertently raise a red flag in the past.

...and apparently I'd lose that bet.

Fellow gaffers.

I'm getting this error message "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support." when I trying to buy The Last Tinker City of Colours + Soundtrack also this happened when I tried to buy Alien Colonial Marines, I know that it's not an issue with my CC or Bank since I bought some Disney games, does anyone is having this issue too?

Nzyme32

Fellow gaffers.

I'm getting this error message "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support." when I trying to buy The Last Tinker City of Colours + Soundtrack also this happened when I tried to buy Alien Colonial Marines, I know that it's not an issue with my CC or Bank since I bought some Disney games, does anyone is having this issue too?

Leave it alone for 3 hours. I had a similar issue once for no apparent reason while using paypal. I think it is something to do with if the transaction is interupted by a connection problem or something. Steam seemed to lock me out of purchases, but after leaving it alone, it worked. I later got my steam ticket replied to well after the issue happened, asking me to wait a bit longer... so, wait :p

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Fellow gaffers.

Someone doing you a favor apparently! :p

Leave it alone for 3 hours. I had a similar issue once for no apparent reason while using paypal. I think it is something to do with if the transaction is interupted by a connection problem or something. Steam seemed to lock me out of purchases, but after leaving it alone, it worked. I later got my steam ticket replied to well after the issue happened, asking me to wait a bit longer... so, wait :p

Ok, I'm going to follow your advice my friend and I'll wait but I also contacted Steam Support just in case.

Thank you

Someone doing you a favor apparently! :p

lol

I know that ACM is a bad game but it was cheaper :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah a friend of mine just got flagged. Now he can't buy anything at all, im assuming for a limited time. I hope it will be lifted before winter sale.

Oh, I thought your friend had actually been flagged. Sounds like he just hit the transaction limit. There's a finite amount of transactions you can do in a given period (an hour?) before you're temporarily barred from purchasing. It's largely to prevent owners of hijacked accounts from being completely drained of money but to some extent I assume it also exists to help users to not inadvertently trigger a false alarm at their bank due to many purchases being made in quick succession.

Uzzy

Rockstar confirmed there will be GFWL, Denuvo, Tages, Securom, Uplay and Origin for Red Dead 2 on PS4.

You forgot Rockstar Social Club.

As an aside, I do find it slightly annoying that an awards show, which should be a time to look back at the previous year and reflect on what was great about it, is instead seemingly going to be dominated by clips and trailers of new games coming out in the next couple of years.

Shadownet

Banned

Omg, I just found the perfect picture for my next avatar. <3
Oh, I thought your friend had actually been flagged. Sounds like he just hit the transaction limit. There's a finite amount of transactions you can do in a given period (an hour?) before you're temporarily barred from purchasing. It's largely to prevent owners of hijacked accounts from being completely drained of money but to some extent I assume it also exists to help users to not inadvertently trigger a false alarm at their bank due to many purchases being made in quick succession.

He told me it happened today when he tried to purchase something. I know there is a 10 items per hour limit.

The last time he purchased something for me in large quantity was 2 days ago.. Either way I'll tell him to try purchasing something tomorrow. If it still giving him an error, then I guess it's definitely not the 10 items limit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He told me it happened today when he tried to purchase something. I know there is a 10 items per hour limit.

You're probably thinking of the unsuccessful key activation limit, which is 20 within 30 minutes, but, yeah, if the issue doesn't subside overnight then something is awry.

You forgot Rockstar Social Club.

As an aside, I do find it slightly annoying that an awards show, which should be a time to look back at the previous year and reflect on what was great about it, is instead seemingly going to be dominated by clips and trailers of new games coming out in the next couple of years.
Gotta get them viewers somehow.

Any good will I had for you is gone.
You might as well launch into a rant about how Yaiba is complete and total garbage and Strider is like the second coming of Jesus now.

But buuuttt I just wanted to.... ok.. please forgive me, but I was weak.

Regarding Yaiba and Strider.... I own both games and I like both so I'm not that kind of gamer that likes to say "this games is better that this" I really like to enjoy my games, not matter what! :D

My internet was down for about 30 hours which ended up being pretty annoying. Decided to spend some time testing Steam offline mode and it worked perfectly for all the games that I could play offline (i.e. non multiplayer games). I also did get some time to read that book I wanted to get to, so I guess that's a silver lining.

This happened today as well...

aBHz4Um.png

Did Enhanced Steam remove the birthday decorations that used to show up on the store page? I was kind of looking forward to seeing them but it never happened :(

I look back at it now and I have no good memories of Steam from back in 2004. I thought it was a terrible service that had no value. This, of course, was when I was unable to play Half Life 2 for weeks after buying it. Never thought it would slowly evolve into pretty much the gold standard for digital distribution across any medium ten years later.

Anyway, back to the present... did anyone get a chance to play The Old City: Leviathan? Any impressions on how it is?

m0t0k1

Regarding Tecmo, will DOA be their first pc port? Or there are other games that I'm missing? And if there are, what's the quality?

Dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends has been ported to PC. About the port only works with a controller. So no kb/m and not variable resolution settings. There are only 8 settings to choose from if i remember correctly.

edit: you have to change resolution before starting the game. 8 settings was incorrect.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did Enhanced Steam remove the birthday decorations that used to show up on the store page? I was kind of looking forward to seeing them but it never happened :(

Are you using the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam?

Accoun

any good games in the meridian bundle besides syberia?

Robin Hood is a pretty good Commandos clone, from what I remember playing. Maybe Post Mortem, since it's the predecessor to Still Life and I think you play as father (or grandfather?) of the Still Life protagonist.

Top Bottom