• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

It shows that I have no playtime?
Oh I goofed!
I took a quick look at the release date and then here:
PMradGo.png

Didn't think you could have played it long before. Oops.
When I click then it shows, yes.
pxR1DP8.png

My bad.
-
It's k bb I understand. I really don't post here, and yeah people changing avatars throws me off too.
What happened? Do studies take all your time? You seem a bit down. Cheer up buddy!
-
Damn you, my wishlist just grew
as did my pants
Oh, all of those are on my wishlist :)
They did grew sth on me too... my fascination!

So there's this Early Access game called StarMade. From the description and the video, it kinda sounds like EVE: Online meets Minecraft and it looks really pretty. And apparently the demo is the "full game free to play to try out without restrictions."
I'm downloading the demo now; it's only 208.9 MB.
Awesome! Thanks for posting man. Gonna dl right away.
-
Thanks for the shout-outs.
If I'd want to use an attention-grabbing description, then it would be Dark Souls x Wind Waker.
Mighty fine game you got going there man! Post some gifs or webms, please!!!

The game flew by me and many others I suppose.

You should have posted at least during sale once with the reasoning of discount. I saw lots of gaffers promote their games in such a subtle way here. It's totally cool.
-
$12. He doesn't charge any interest. So if the price IS exactly $12. Someone should get 4 other people together. And do a group buy.
A $60 Steam Wallet should be enough for 5 copies.
Who is your mysterious russian contact?
-
The more I'm working with the new Standalone code, the more excited I'm getting at the possibilities. I'll just leave this here...
How does it work exactly though? Does your program monitor all network traffic and starts doing work when he notices connections to steam servers are made?
Little not: I have no clue about coding, so please in kiddy-talk :)
-
Building it myself, my first full build. I have swapped parts etc but never done it from scratch. I am not too scared though, someone said it s like building very expensive LEGOs and I rule building Legos
Best of luck to ya!
-
Hehehehehehehehehehe
Is it a desired effect that everything on the left/right sides of the screen are horribly distorted?
-
So according to this rumour, no PC version of RDR sequel.
Good I have a PS4 then.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945229&page=1
This doesn't make sense. JaseC told me RDR will be coming to pc. Why not bring the sequel than as well? Even better. Bringing the first game 6-9 months before the second would get more mindshare. Win-win. >_>
-
IndieRoyale Mixer 12 Bundle
Price: 2.04€
Humble Simulators 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
TIER 2: BTA
  • -
TIER 3: 10$
Oh shucks. These four games I want. Spacebase besides having bad reviews.
But I stupidly purchased some totally bad bundles recently because of stupid reasons. And now I get to look stupid instead.
-
Lately I am having some weird problems with gaf. When opening gaf-stuff in new tabs very often the tab constantly keeps loading. Even after everything is loaded. What could this be?

Also sth else on steam. From time to time, whether it be images or videos, the media on storepages load unbelievable horridly slow. My connection is very good. Other pages have no trouble. Only steam. Any ideas or so. with similar stuff?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How does it work exactly though? Does your program monitor all network traffic and starts doing work when he notices connections to steam servers are made?
Little not: I have no clue about coding, so please in kiddy-talk :)

That's correct. This looks at all of the web requests your system makes, and if it finds a request returned from a Steam address it simply injects the Enhanced Steam code. To your browser or Steam client, it just looks like that code is part of the page.

That's correct. This looks at all of the web requests your system makes, and if it finds a request returned from a Steam address it simply injects the Enhanced Steam code. To your browser or Steam client, it just looks like that code is part of the page.
That's a very clever, clean and nifty solution. Hats off.

Or better.

Tipping my fedora to you my fair lady
;)

How did you solve the network "code" for which info is what? Again I have no clue if this is actually hard to find, hah.

Dascu

Dr Dogg

Ok so let's play a little game. How long do you think it takes to copy a single 2.79gb file from an 840 PRO to an 840 EVO?

Also that looks like Terminator: Retcon.

Is it a desired effect that everything on the left/right sides of the screen are horribly distorted?

The dwarf is fat, alight!

Arthea

That terminator trailer is cool, totally
(gonna watch the movie 120%)
, but could you kindly tell me is it my steam community down, or everyone's? that I can stop trying to make it work

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How did you solve the network "code" for which info is what? Again I have no clue if this is actually hard to find, hah.

It's not too hard to find actually. When using the program it simply analyzes the requests you make and has some basic information like the domain it's sent to. So this checks that it's going to a Steam domain but also checks things like the content-type is "html" (so it doesn't affect images and things like that) and it also checks that there's a <HEAD> tag in the return stream within the first 32 characters.

Once it knows for sure that it's on a page that it wants to alter, it simply injects the CSS and Javascript files from Enhanced Steam into the return response. The browser picks up this response and executes the javascript normally.

Nzyme32

guys, the terminator trailer

I can't

It really has dropped down to trying to reach out to everyone. Everything seems to be dumbed down a shade. That soundtrack has been prodded too much too.

Still, I'll watch it for the sake of watching it and seeing Arnie finally get to the chopper........ with his face

zkylon

zkylewd
i live in a city where you can walk to the beach, i've lived walking distance to a beach.

when it's always there, you never go to it. trust me, you take it for granted and youre ok with that
I've lived here 4ish years and been to the beach...maybe 3-4 times.

You are correct.

maybe you guys are just losers!

generally it's not just going to the beach but beach cities in argieland at least have a different "vibe" than this concrete tomb i live in. i like fresh air and parks and all that, so i'd really enjoy that style

some day i'll move, maybe when i chase my remaining friends away :>

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Multiple terminators in multiple timelines, aged in multiple extents due to human skin aging0, including one of the main ones in which Arnie's T-800 has had to live with humans following T2, and so is more human than ever.
Wut. Totally retcons Terminator 1 and I love that film.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh dead state is out!

i think i know what i'm playing next then

too bad the russian dream is dead, a lot more people would've played it :I

i know i haven't played the full game, but i absolutely loved the 15~ hours i put into it in different stages of early access. the game's full on fallout but with base management and resources and a lot of that fun stuff.

fallout!!!

i'm freaking out!!

Woah. I seriously was expecting Terminator to be akin to Total Recall reboot total dogsh***.

But the trailer was pretty cool and got me excited. Hopefully they won't make to much goofiness. Give me Terminator 1 doom atmosphere.

The girl who plays
Shara Connor
look so petite though. So, so petite. I like the word petite.

Hated the guy from the
new die hard movie
though. Urgh.

Brilliant cast for
evil terminator

Maniac

Banned
I think a 12GB recommended figure would be more representative of reality but 16GB was chosen because Intel hasn't released a tri-channel processor since the i7 9xx series and 4GB modules are virtually EOL these days. 8GB being the recommended minimum isn't shocking as it is a "next-gen" open-world game (AssCreed Unity uses ~6.5GB, for example).

Just as well he didn't buy it, either, as there are "Ultimate Edition" pre-purchase subs in the registry, which may be put to use in the near future.

Yeah, I concur. 10-12 gigs is probably the reality of the peak usage. And damnit Jase, I could've had the game for like 24, 25 bucks! The ultimate edition is gonna be costly and region-locked aswell since Valvo hates me :/

Nzyme32

Terminator 3 at least had Claire Danes and I've been in love with her since My So Called Life.

Yeah, shes awesome.

What bugs me about this film is that it appears utterly uninspired. Everything from the re-imagining and head nods to the same old scenes with the terminators doing the same old things, to the most vapid soundtrack and trailer tropes along with CG that some how looks worse than what was seen in the years before. Urgh, shambolic

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
oh dead state is out!

i think i know what i'm playing next then

too bad the russian dream is dead, a lot more people would've played it :I

i know i haven't played the full game, but i absolutely loved the 15~ hours i put into it in different stages of early access. the game's full on fallout but with base management and resources and a lot of that fun stuff.

fallout!!!

i'm freaking out!!
I should look into that.

Are you using the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam?

Firefox. The forgotten children :(

Firefox peasants... I bet they only view GAF in 50ppp too.

50ppp is the way it was meant to be.

Now I'm curious about Dead State too. Did it end up being a good game? I remember it had a somewhat tame Kickstarter and it stayed below the radar for most of it's development. A trader is offering it for 6 keys but I'm wondering if it's actually finished or just released in a good enough condition and will need patching for a while (like Wasteland 2 for example).

MQX

Yeah, but it's ~$11.60 in Russia, so $15 is quite the mark-up. You'll have no trouble finding someone selling it for $12 (just look up several posts above, in fact).
What? ~$12 in Russia? That's a great price :X. Why are (Steam) games always cheap in Russia? :(

Too bad I will miss this great deal :(.

Also, what have I missed SteamGAF?(other great deals/great bundles etc.)

maybe you guys are just losers!

generally it's not just going to the beach but beach cities in argieland at least have a different "vibe" than this concrete tomb i live in. i like fresh air and parks and all that, so i'd really enjoy that style

some day i'll move, maybe when i chase my remaining friends away :>

I live in one of THE beach cities here, but I hate the sand and heat. I'd gladly trade Mar del Plata for some place in which the temperatures never rose above 15C.

Top Bottom