• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ningen
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Copons

Also the entire series released in widesceen on Blu-Ray yesterday. Proper widescreen too, none of that cropping crap.

x-files-dvd-blu-ray-compare-101-016.jpg

x-files-dvd-blu-ray-compare-101-017.jpg

Holy fucking shit, it's glorious!

And not available on Netflix Italy, thanks to Obama I guess.

Who has time to watch the entire X-files 3 times over?

I've been doing a 2 episodes per day marathon to be prepared to the new season, because I didn't remember basically anything, and it's still so great.

Like, the episode when they go undercover as a married couple in the Desperate Housewives neighborhood, and they call each other Honeybunch and Poopyhead, GOAT episode ever in the universe.

EDIT: also does someone remember if the FMV game is mytharc or something?
I might have to play it if it is, even tho I'm not entirely sure it'd run on Win 10.

bs000

If I cancel my trade holds and get the 7 day trading cooldown, will I still be able to sell those items on the market during that time?

Lain

Gocco of War Update - 12/9
CHERU said:
Hi all, super excited to announce today's update!!

12/9 Update
<Attended to a number of user requests>

• Added a free roaming camera for taking screenshots in the lobby.
    Options > Free Roaming Camera (camera can be moved freely around the player)
    Press F12 to take a screenshot
  • At the shop, you can now sell materials, costumes, badges and weapons.
  • You can now directly synthesize items from the "Book" menu at the synthesis shop.
    On the "weapon"/"costume" pages of the Book, a mark will be displayed when you have all the materials necessary to synthesize a particular item.
  • Added v-sync option.
    Options > User request settings > turn V-sync "ON"
    This will fix any tearing issues.
    *Depending on the PC, this may cause the game to run more slowly.
<Other updates>

• By participating in a quest with a user who has not yet completed it, you will receive 1 extra lottery draw for a new badge as a bonus.
    *To receive the bonus, you must have already beaten the quest.
    *The bonus has a greater chance of being a high ranking badge (C&#65374;S rank)
  • Added online lobby visuals.
    Create lobby > "Town" can be selected from the lobby visuals.
  • Fixed the bug where weapons remained in the lobby.
  • Fixed the bug where screen remained black at start-up.
  • Other miscellaneous adjustments.

Future updates
The final updates of the year are scheduled for 16th-21st of December.

Contents of next update (in planning)

• New costume recipes
  • Appearance of rare monsters
  • Quests with up to 8 participants
  • Additional lobby maps
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

Main updates to follow afterwards:

• 60FPS compatibility&#65288;please wait&#65289;
  • Additional lobby visuals
  • Customization feature for costume badge slots
  • Mouse-selectable UI (please wait)
Some of these contents may potentially change. Thank you for your understanding.

We are working on the UI problem, we believe we have found the solution, its just taking some time to impliment, but I promise you that its coming.

In the mean time, I hope that you enjoy our new lobby "Town".
2015-12-09_00007.jpg

2015-12-09_00010.jpg

So close to fixing the UI problem, I hope it'll be fixed in the next update.

stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for crazyrabbits:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-3222CFECC933C670 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Enemy Mind -- MB-D8CC86757DBA440F - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Darth Kupi
Wildstar Fateful Fortune Bundle (redeem at ncsoft.com) -- MB-54FE11BF3B869AC6 - Taken by demolitio
Total War: Arena Package (2 keys [1 Steam/1 in-game] - includes base game and in-game key for 1-month premium account and Yogscast shield) -- MB-DFFC3F5E728B2206 - Taken by Intel
Grid Autosport Drag Pack -- MB-68560D7322E35AC5 - Taken by --R
Grid Autosport Road & Track DLC Pack -- MB-DAA3ED08B1DD5191 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Terablaster -- MB-D18879085D19FB9A - Taken by Jalal
Grid 2 Francorchamps DLC Pack -- MB-40E4E0B79491188A - Taken by tioslash
Runescape: Legends Closed Beta (redeem at https://rschronicle.com/) -- MB-BF12884F35AED0AB - Taken by Firehead

Soulflarz

Banned
Salsa
got my first double crossbar aerial
Those feel amazing!

Also
-I need spicy food guys, to drown out my sorrow of finals studying

And: Reminder- Xrd is the prettiest cell shading ever

Since the OT thread is fairly dead, I'm looking for an ark server.

I'm looking for a new server to join. I prefer servers with really fast taming rate (I bore on taming) and generally increased resource gains (although it doesn't have to be insane like 25x).

Definitely pvp enabled, although I am most interested in building stuff. I find the PVE only server to get very boring very fast.

Last server I was on I left because the admin was clearly a dunce who was unwilling to enforce their own server rules.

Also willing to join up with people from here. And I got at least 1 friend who will likely join as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
Watched this before, but I think Nekopara still looks better than GGXrd, though I guess they use a whole different technique thats better suited for VNs.

Nooope

youre crazy :x

Nekopara looks /okay/ compared to xrd.

It doesnt hold up when you consider the workload difference of a half dozen models doing next to nothing vs GG where they had to do stuff that the unreal engine didn't even allow.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sword of the Samurai -- MB-0FD4375BD5607876 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury -- MB-9F0D772A3898AAFF - Taken by Purkake4

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-8D068A99891EF9C2 - Taken by Mikurden

Khronico

I technically just finished Pillars of Eternity. I say 'technically' because I used god mode to get myself past the ridiculously hard final boss I didn't expect, prepare for, or even want to engage with, so I didn't get the cheevo for beating the game. I was kinda shocked that my ingame clock was only 15hrs, I think I was maybe underleveled for the endgame. Aside from the fact that I didn't enjoy the combat part of Pillars at ALL, I think it's a fantastic otherwise and one of the best written role playing games ever made. It's a testament to Obsidian's talent that they could craft an original world this intricate and well thought out first try.

didamangi

[Uh-oh. But it's mainly on the resolution lock, right?
I only play on 1080p anyway.

No AA option other than injecting FXAA or SMAA, weird/low performance for some people even with high end systems, and 30 fps when you're using special attacks, "tensions?"

That said, the game runs smooth for me at 1080p@60. (3570k, 970, 16GB)

Locked resolution and DX11 makes for bad combination though since you can't downsample using anything atm. And the game has bad aliasing all around, it's a shame the devs holding the graphics back with the locked resolution.

Chariot

Wait, you're looking for a F2P MMO to fill the gap between the B&S betas, and the female armors of Tera put you off from trying it?
I think I'm gonna buy some Sakura games now!
Blade and Soul costumes have no stats and are purely for looks. while there are certainly few, I can choose the ones that look reasonable without getting pummeled by stat penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom