• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised that Guilty Gear launched so cheap compared to other late ports, hope it does really well and starts a chain of similar pricing.

Vita-chan.... :,(
nQNIInw.png

dex3108

I see that MS and Sony still have issues with making good deals on their digital stores. Are they still afraid of big Retailers like GameStop/Game?

Haunted

I meant screenshots actually :p
I wonder if we're at a point where games like this aren't actually inspired by the point n click adventure games of old, but by the new wave of point n click adventures games which were originally informed by the old point n click adventure games.

i.e. this looks more like the Blackwell series and other AGS games published by Wadjet Eye than anything published in the 90s.

I think the art style of that game looks really bad there and I much prefer the sprite work of the older games. Really obvious they're low poly 3D models in those shots.

Tizoc

I think the art style of that game looks really bad there and I much prefer the sprite work of the older games. Really obvious they're low poly 3D models in those shots.

It looks better in motion, but even those screenshots look good IMO.
Xrd's graphics and animations a leap above ye olde XX spritework.

Dr Dogg

Some assets clearly aren't very high quality and some things no matter how much resolution you throw at the game don't clean up as much as I'd expect but 5120x2880 is about doable @ 60fps until lots of shit is on screen at once. Of course taking screenies with one hand on the keyboard and another wrestling with a broke 360 pad is always going to end in tears.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Tried to get into Divinity:OS for a second time, this time with the enhanced edition. Got further in, almost 8 hours this time... and just can't do it.

Alright, what else is in my backlog.

Lichdom: Battlemage, come on down!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Sweet, I hope I get a Steam key for this from somewhere, already bought it like three times :p

Careful this is DotEmu, assuming these are ROMs like the current Neo Geo Humble Bundle, I wouldn't mind getting it long as I can use the ROMs with other emulators.

This is actually an old release, I own it on GOG and Desura and I think it was in some old bundles too.
It has an actually frontend to select the games and for settings and so on, never checked if the roms where in there. I download the GOG version and check :)

Tizoc

No Jam?

No buy.

She'll come with her 20 set of unique panties in the 2017 Steam release of REVELATOR ;)

Sweet, I hope I get a Steam key for this from somewhere, already bought it like three times :p

This is actually an old release, I own it on GOG and Desura and I think it was in some old bundles too.
It has an actually frontend to select the games and for settings and so on, never checked if the roms where in there. I download the GOG version and check :)

Appreciate that, thanks mate.

Man apparently Undercover Cop is among one of the Irem Collections but the files for the ROM are scrambled or some such in that compilation release >_<

Accoun

I don't disagree, although I would still say it looks pretty good. Wonder if they are going to work on them with subsequent releases, or are they just going to rehash stuff until the next full game (I guess the latter...).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Appreciate that, thanks mate.

There is a ROM folder with files, not sure about the format... maybe there are just not zipped...

ZWIoH1l.png
ogrkwfY.png
L2lwPS2.png

Always wondered why it took this long to release it on Steam, this was released way before Raiden 3 and 4.

I bet the Irem Collection will be next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom