• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been on the verge of importing the limited edition from Amazon UK for a couple of weeks now. Only thing is doing that would wipe out my Steam sale budget :(

Also I've seen the anime so I already know the story. Not sure how much value the VN has after that.

Is it that good? I've tried to watch the anime but the first episode was rather boring.

Episode one just drops you right in the middle of these characters and half of what they say makes no sense. It takes about 5-6 episodes before you figure out what's going on. And then around episode 10 everything becomes fucking awesome.

I've been on the verge of importing the limited edition from Amazon UK for a couple of weeks now. Only thing is doing that would wipe out my Steam sale budget :(

Also I've seen the anime so I already know the story. Not sure how much value the VN has after that.

Episode one just drops you right in the middle of these characters and half of what they say makes no sense. It takes about 5-6 episodes before you figure out what's going on. And then around episode 10 everything becomes fucking awesome.

The VN has a ton of different routes, explanations and details versus the anime apparently

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Steins Gate is still on my "to watch" list, my brother praises the show so I should probably finally give it a go...

Ban Puncher

Still no internet?

Day nineteen of no internet.

yL813b3.gif

The VN has a ton of different routes, explanations and details versus the anime apparently

I'm aware of that. You don't want to be spoiled so I'll just say that the anime story is the superset of all the different routes in the VN. But yeah if the VN fleshes out the world and characters then it's probably worth it. Plus apparently the PC version which is being sold by JAST USA is from the dark ages of 1024x768. It's likely that would be the version on Steam if it ever released. Might just be better to play it on handheld.

Steins Gate is still on my "to watch" list, my brother praises the show so I should probably finally give it a go...

Just need to get over the hump of the first 5-6 episodes. It becomes pretty good after that.

Tizoc

There is a ROM folder with files, not sure about the format... maybe there are just not zipped...

ZWIoH1l.png
ogrkwfY.png
L2lwPS2.png

Always wondered why it took this long to release it on Steam, this was released way before Raiden 3 and 4.

I bet the Irem Collection will be next

Nice and those folder titles should be readable by other emulators too.
I do have IREM collection from I think Groupees? Will check it out later.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Hektor

Back after a long day away doing things. Time to sit back and do what SteamGAF loves best.

7644e904f155ccd2d5eff679a0273e58.png

Bufferroll? Yikes.

I'm certainly enjoying the VN a ton.

I guess i'll give the VN a shot once it releases.

Chariot

Preferring the anime of a visual novel over the actual visual novel?

I bet you all liked the Umineko and Tsukihime anime too.
I enjoyed Higurashi, Shuffle and Clannad *shrug*

Of course there are turds like Umineko, Tsukihime or True Tears. Man, fuck True Tears. Fucking bullcrap. Noe was robbed. What fucking. Fucking halg incest crap. Should've ended the anime early. Fuck True Tears. More like True Shit. What turd. Fuck that.

Kathy Rain tells the compelling story of a strong-willed college girl with a knack for detective work and a Harley

Okay, so far strong similarities to Gray Matter...

Set in the 90’s,

I've noticed more point-and-click adventures with realistic settings are set in the 80s and 90s. Part of this is to cash in on nostalgia (and the FMV of Bill Clinton and Pulp Fiction seems to heavily suggest that point,) but it's also somewhat necessary to prevent players from wondering why they can't just look up answers to puzzles on a smartphone. (Cognition and the Blackwell games were set in the smartphone era, but they had to severely limit functionality.)

All that said, it looks good but I'd need to see a price point.

Ban Puncher

I enjoyed Higurashi, Shuffle and Clannad *shrug*

Of course there are turds like Umineko, Tsukihime or True Tears. Man, fuck True Tears. Fucking bullcrap. Noe was robbed. What fucking. Fucking halg incest crap. Should've ended the anime early. Fuck True Tears. More like True Shit. What turd. Fuck that.

I'm only half joking.

Amagami SS anime is my jam, yo.

Tizoc

You know I'm glad there weren't many mindblowing announcements for Steam lately, if Bamco went out on a roll and we got stuff like JoJo EoH announced for Steam, I'd have a stroke :V

zzz. been done with Jojo forever. waiting for Jojolion to complete before I read it though.

Fanbase is getting really bad. Hard to talk about it a lot.

One can NEVER have enough JoJo

Also I was lucky to find this, no offense to Jawmuncher
tumblr_nykx2yChlZ1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

THAT'S NOT WHY THEY DIED, DR. FERDINAND.

Not a fighting game fan but that Guilty Gear game sure looks pretty. Whats bad about the Raiden Legacy port? I already have most of the recent shmup releases so I may pick that up if its decent.

I see the Holiday Sale 2015 card placeholders are in but it looks busted at the moment (11 cards but I just see 5 generic number cards).

The news of Grandia (Saturn version PLEASE!) and Lunar coming out makes me happy!!!!!

Tizoc

Not a fighting game fan but that Guilty Gear game sure looks pretty. Whats bad about the Raiden Legacy port? I already have most of the recent shmup releases so I may pick that up if its decent.

I see the Holiday Sale 2015 card placeholders are in but it looks busted at the moment (11 cards but I just see 5 generic number cards).

The news of Grandia (Saturn version PLEASE!) and Lunar coming out makes me happy!!!!!

Basically Legacy is a bunch of ROMs that come with an emulator from DotEmu, but the emulator they provided isn't very good. So you can just get the games and use an alternative Emulator to play them.

gelf

I feel should buy Xrd even though I doubt I'll get round to playing it for a while. Guilty Gear is one of the few series I can forgive or even like its anime look. Also I like to support and encourage Japanese releases in genres I actually give a shit about, but I've been doing that an awful lot lately... my wallet needs a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom