• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I bought MGSV because of all the hype and of course I liked the previous ones but not that everyone has turned on the game my hype has completely died, only started it to see if it runs good and fix the ultrawide display... It's still good right?o_O

mgs is trash, anime was a mistake, etc

its good :V

Jawmuncher

Jaw: Snake in Smash or Regina in Smash? :p
Snake. I mean I can put together a list of why Regina could be in, but I gotta support my boy who has already made it in once.

You probably have this year sonce the last 4 months have been hectic for me.

Just like a leafhopper, to have excuses at the ready.

Okay. How will you accomplish that?
*Stares at Dino Crisis*
:p

Someday it will all come together, and my work will have meaning.

if MGSV wins goty I am going to petition hard against Snake's return in Smash

such a lust for revenge

But you love MGS2

Ludens

Banned
You forgot lol in your post
37IUFxI.jpeg
Remastered version.

JfmPoro.png

Dudes on REDDIT say this is the confirmation for Chapter 3.

*Guys, just to be clear, I'm just kidding about this whole chapter 3 thingy, I don't believe those bullshits, but it's fun to see Kojima posting a pic of a spit on Twitter and people reading that as confirmation of MGSVI.

Ugh. Stop kicking the dead horse guys.

We were all played like a fiddle. A damn fiddle.

memes

Deitus

Dudes on REDDIT say this is the confirmation for Chapter 3.

*Guys, just to be clear, I'm just kidding about this whole chapter 3 thingy, I don't believe those bullshits, but it's fun to see Kojima posting a pic of a spit on Twitter and people reading that as confirmation of MGSVI.

Chapter 3 is the new HL3.

Grief.exe

So I bought MGSV because of all the hype and of course I liked the previous ones but not that everyone has turned on the game my hype has completely died, only started it to see if it runs good and fix the ultrawide display... It's still good right?o_O

Some of the deepest and best gameplay in stealth and third person genres. Definitely one of the best games of this year.

I place gameplay well above story in terms of my enjoyment. There are many downsides to MGSV's rocky development, but the polished gameplay allows me to overlook many of those issues.

There are valid criticisms to levy at MGSV, but the absolute hate is hyperbolic.

The Fox Engine is also quite impressive. I wish they had targeted 30 FPS on consoles, but the game still looks quite good and runs exceedingly well.

ʷʰᵉᶰˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰʳᶦˢᵗᵐᵃˢ ˢᵃᶫᵉ﹖

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ʷʰᵉᶰˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰʳᶦˢᵗᵐᵃˢ ˢᵃᶫᵉ﹖

Nobody reads the OP...
;)

So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? The Winter Sale should start December 22nd. This thread will be closed after the sale starts.

Ozium

I'm so tired of hearing about how the "gameplay is amazing" in TPP. It's not. It's only fun if you purposely put yourself in bad situations, or lack intelligence when dealing with infiltration. In previous MGS games, the areas were crafted to make you actually look around and sneak really close to enemies, not so in TPP.

You are telling me there are 3 guards over here and only 1 on this side? Well logic dictates I go to the side with less resistance. Add to that the fact that enemies are apparently blind and it makes everything so incredibly mind-numbingly easy. "Oh but you can do so much" yeah but you don't have to and the only reason to do it is to relieve boredom.

Ground Zeroes, on the other hand, is designed like a proper MGS game, and forces you to be on your toes at all times. TPP is designed like babby's first stealth game meets ubishit's splinter cell

absolutely disgusting

Uzzy

Unless they add Fan, i'm pretty much done with the SFV Beta. Only character I need to try out is Zangief and Dhalsim aside from him. But I can kinda just play SF4 for that.

Laura though! Not had a chance to try her out and she looks awesome.

MUnited83

For you.
Some of the deepest and best gameplay in stealth and third person genres. Definitely one of the best games of this year.

I place gameplay well above story in terms of my enjoyment. There are many downsides to MGSV's rocky development, but the polished gameplay allows me to overlook many of those issues.

There are valid criticisms to levy at MGSV, but the absolute hate is hyperbolic.

The Fox Engine is also quite impressive. I wish they had targeted 30 FPS on consoles, but the game still looks quite good and runs exceedingly well.
Naaaaaah. The controls and tools are pretty good, yeah, but the level design is fucking godawful. What use is "awesome gameplay " when the game isn't actually designed to make use of it?

Pachimari

Did I just see the origins of the Templars in Unity's intro? Cool! And I played as a Templar for the first time. Felt very similar to an assassin.

Monooboe

Ah sounds good, that's was what I was expecting, polished and free gameplay and seems to run good in 3440x1440 so thats sweet. The story stuff was the least interesting stuff for me.

Ludens

Banned
I like the gameplay on TPP, but yeah, the game is dumb easy. Only doing Code Talker Extreme's side objectives was hard as hell using a legit way, but because I put myself the limitation on beating it that way. Hard things in TPP come from the player, still you can solve each mission in several ways and this is what I like.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm so tired of hearing about how the "gameplay is amazing" in TPP. It's not. It's only fun if you purposely put yourself in bad situations, or lack intelligence when dealing with infiltration. In previous MGS games, the areas were crafted to make you actually look around and sneak really close to enemies, not so in TPP.

You are telling me there are 3 guards over here and only 1 on this side? Well logic dictates I go to the side with less resistance. Add to that the fact that enemies are apparently blind and it makes everything so incredibly mind-numbingly easy. "Oh but you can do so much" yeah but you don't have to and the only reason to do it is to relieve boredom.

Ground Zeroes, on the other hand, is designed like a proper MGS game, and forces you to be on your toes at all times. TPP is designed like babby's first stealth game meets ubishit's splinter cell

absolutely disgusting

Naaaaaah. The controls and tools are pretty good, yeah, but the level design is fucking godawful. What use is "awesome gameplay " when the game isn't actually designed to make use of it?

I'm in this camp, unfortunately. Sure, there are a lot of tools at one's disposal, but they don't really add any depth to an approach. Even with reflex disabled, Stealth is a breeze. There was one zone that I felt was truly focused enough on assuring a fun challenge for all playstyles, but it took way too long to get there and nothing else even came close to the complexity of that design. Ground Zeroes was an excellent proof of concept that sadly did not translate well into The Phantom Pain. Can't argue against its merit as a highly polished action game, but it's a far cry from being a good stealth title, I feel.

I'm also one who was disappointed by the weird half-focus on story, as the few beats it really hammered home were quite excellent. The rest of it was replaced with Code Talker's droning, which was less compelling to me than a dozen hours of Codec conversations. I also can't forgive how bland Ocelot was. Those points will vary from person to person though, and not an inherent flaw of the game.

Kriken

What the hell is a fishkeeper? Google tells me it is only a hobby.

I think I meant a person who looks after people's fish (or pets in general) when they're on vacation. For some reason I thought Fishkeeper was a proper name for that *Shrugs*

Man I wish I could agree with you on this. I agree on the rest, but oh man. After that 'Climax' cut scene that felt so out of place. Obvious Spoilers :
Where you are basically playing as Medic and you are not witness to the 'origin of Big Boss'
left me so salty.

Gameplay is top notch though.

Knurek

Okay, finished Kill la Kill, ready for something manly, like, dunno, Hibike! Euphonium or Chihayafuru.

Tales of Zestiria is a long, long game. Maybe even too long for its own good. I'm 35 hours into it, just finished all the Temple Trials, and it feels like I still have a long way to go... I mean, I'm still not past the Aerith moment, right?

Khronico

I kinda really want to get the PC version of Lightning Returns but I'm really wary of Square FF PC ports. FF13 is still unplayable for me.

chronomac

I kinda really want to get the PC version of Lightning Returns but I'm really wary of Square FF PC ports. FF13 is still unplayable for me.

I had some trouble with the Xbox One controller but someone on the Steam forums figured out that when the game stops recognizing the controller (which it does with some menus) you have to repeatedly press both triggers down together, maybe 10 times, and then it works again. It's pretty bizarre but I don't think it's enough to stop me from playing.

The framerate's still really rough, bouncing between 30 and 60, depending on the action.

FloatOn

I still need to play MGSV even though the only metal gear game I like was the first MGS on psx

2 was complete crap

never played 3 or 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom