• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Maybe its because
he was never evil. The evil person in the series is Solid Snake. He kills more innocent people than anyone else. He is pretty much an executioner who had his way with everyone.

Ah, the oft espoused
Nathan Drake
theory

jediyoshi

70yPUKN.png

Welp, guess everyone is on Uplay

yuraya

I'll take a hit of whatever you're smoking.

Ah, the oft espoused
Nathan Drake
theory

Lol its true tho.
Just look at all the carnage he left from MG all the way through MGS4. Everything he destroyed and everyone he killed. He is just a genetic freak who was a ticking time bomb by the end of MGS4. No other protagonist in the series was as ruthless as him.

There is nothing to respect in the sense you're talking about. The game teased an extra part that it did not show and abruptly ended, we have every right to be pissed about that. It has nothing to do with the other games lore.

In spoiler territory,
we did not get an answer to how boss went evil in the slightest, this game and where people are when they are works against the series lore more than it helps worldbuild.

the manipulation of the medic is supposed to be the true evil i think. Although it wasnt what i wanted at all. I wanted big boss to punch child soldiers and commit other various warcrimes explicitly rather than implicitly.
Im still very "ehhh" about mgsv.

Soulflarz

Banned
Lol its true tho.
Just look at all the carnage he left from MG all the way through MGS4. Everything he destroyed and everyone he killed. He is just a genetic freak who was a ticking time bomb by the end of MGS4. No other protagonist in the series was as ruthless as him.

Can't tell if poes law...

rtcn63

Lol its true tho.

tumblr_inline_mf7hrmg0g61rvy7vk.png

Khronico

In spoiler territory,
we did not get an answer to how boss went evil in the slightest, this game and where people are when they are works against the series lore more than it helps worldbuild.

Yes we did. MGSV is
him brainwashing his most trusted soldier and making him a body double of himself to use for his own ends. Venom's identity is erased without his consent and he is used to further Big Boss's legend. In some ways it mirrors the scapegoating and betrayal of The Boss in 3, which Big Boss hated.

rtcn63

Yes we did. MGSV is
him brainwashing his most trusted soldier and making him a body double of himself to use for his own ends. Venom's identity is erased without his consent and he is used to further Big Boss's legend. In some ways it mirrors the scapegoating and betrayal of The Boss in 3, which Big Boss hated.

Although it is shown that Medic was willing to throw his life away to save BB's, meaning he was resolutely loyal to him and his cause. In a way, Medic died on the helicopter and spent the later years of his left becoming the hero he worshipped. Even without direct consent it's hard to think he hated it, at least until Operation whatsits.

And it would be easier to take in if the game stated that Medic had irreversibly lost most of his memory and self, so giving him a new one was slightly less of an arguably evil means to an end.

I got nostalgia goosebumps when I was raiding an outpost in MGSV and heard the Snake Eater theme coming from one of the radios.

Snatched that shit up.

Uh? Are you like spoofing people that think everything's an easter egg or reference?

Haha not really.
It's just that it's such a coincidence, I'm also currently in the middle of my Fallout 4 playthrough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's a new 314mb update for Batman AK.
It's a free 2016 Batman vs Superrman Batmobile pack.

E7UHpWP.jpg

Maybe one day i will play MGS games if they come to PC (via emulator or as proper PC ports).
MGS 1&2 had official PC releases yo. Get on that!

No, don't. I hear MGS2 was not the best of ports. Might try PS2 emulation though.

I had no big issues with MGS1 on PC baack in 2000, might add.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yes we did. MGSV is

That's not entirely his fault, though.
Big Boss didn't really have much choice in the matter since he was in a coma while Venom was being brainwashed by Ocelot at Zero's behest. BB only woke up in early 1984 and essentially had to go along with the plan since it was already underway. It's similar to how BB is forced to kill The Boss in 3, another situation in which he's forced to go along with a plan that he has no real control over.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yes we did. MGSV is

Well yes evil in that sense, but not really the why

It's one thing to say "by the way hes evil now" in the credits vs actual character development foreshadowing or leading up to it.

Khronico

Although it is shown that Medic was willing to throw his life away to save BB's, meaning he was resolutely loyal to him and his cause. In a way, Medic died on the helicopter and spent the later years of his left becoming the hero he worshipped. Even without direct consent it's hard to think he hated it, at least until Operation whatsits.

And it would be easier to take in if the game stated that Medic had irreversibly lost most of his memory and self, so giving him a new one was slightly less of an arguably evil means to an end.

His act in GZ was of his own free will, what was done to him in MGSV was not (he was straight up brainwashed to believe he was Big Boss). We don't know Venom's opinion on the matter because he was never told the truth until sometime after the events of MGSV. The ending implies that at first he thought it was pretty cool to be Big Boss but then once Operation N313 hits he realizes that his entire life was consumed by Big Boss, his life's work will be attributed to Big Boss, and that he (medic) will die forgotten to history. He doesn't seem very happy about what happened to him then.

Khronico

That's not entirely his fault, though.
Big Boss didn't really have much choice in the matter since he was in a coma while Venom was being brainwashed by Ocelot at Zero's behest. BB only woke up in early 1984 and essentially had to go along with the plan since it was already underway. It's similar to how BB is forced to kill The Boss in 3, another situation in which he's forced to go along with a plan that he has no real control over.

I think it says a lot that he didn't even so much as complain about the plan. He went along with it willingly, as opposed to his vehement disgust with Les Infantes Terribles

Well yes evil in that sense, but not really the why

It's one thing to say "by the way hes evil now" in the credits vs actual character development foreshadowing or leading up to it.

I would argue that the foreshadowing is in PW.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys, guys.
Uplay store is doing a B1G1 sale!
Buy a new full price AAA game and get a 4 year old ubi game!

tumbleweed.gif

tmarg

Guys, guys.
Uplay store is doing a B1G1 sale!
Buy a new full price AAA game and get a 4 year old ubi game!

The only games I've bought during black Friday sales this year have been Nintendo games.

This is some crazy stuff. Up is down. Black is white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom