• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezen

Banned
I thought you replied to my second post. Whoops. Anyway, if I were Microsoft, I'd ensure that my contribution towards the game's development itself ensured the competing platform didn't receive the game until the agreed-upon date. The PC release being moved forward, however, is actually something I would agree is a possibility given it will be sold on the WinStore.

I truly wonder who will buy it on MS's store instead of Steam....Live achievements whores or Xbox lunatics perhaps.

Haunted

Treat your hardware right.
A dinner in candlelight.
Music by Barry White.

dust_by_majorparsnip-d796b8p.jpg
I thought that was ice for a second and was thinking of watercooling gone wrong.

The truth is far more horrible.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BloodRayne -- MB-59A3BC931EA44B81 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Legena: Union Tides -- MB-8B88C849399E14C3 - Taken by Knurek

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BloodRayne was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Legena: Union Tides was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Uzzy

I truly wonder who will buy it on MS's store instead of Steam....Live achievements whores or Xbox lunatics perhaps.

You just know we'll get some entertaining threads on gaming side talking about how Windows Store is the one real place to get it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sure, I'd do the same.
For franchises that sell.
Microsoft isn't NVIDIA, they won't do things out of spite, just out of business sense.
The exclusivity deal didn't pan out, according to sales data we have.
There's no big announcement of "Return of Tomb Rider 2", exclusive to X1.
While personally, I'd prefer a February/March release (because January is Dragon's Dogma month), I don't think an early PC release is that far fetched.
Especially if the game will have a 1 month Windows Store exclusivity deal.

It's not as though Microsoft could have known that the game would sell so poorly. It's easy to look back and say, "Well, of course a confirmed timed exclusive wouldn't sell gangbusters", but you have to remember that the nature of the game's Xbox exclusivity was something Microsoft strongly wanted to avoid clarifying.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Amzin, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kingdom Rush -- MB-E131F9CD4F8EEBC7 - Taken by Copons. 6 entrants total.
Monstrum -- MB-D0EBE74E13B04571 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Battle Vs. Chess -- MB-B9F1EE763E6EB744 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Super 3-D Noah's Ark -- MB-C0AAF90995A7EACC - Taken by ussjtrunks. 3 entrants total.
3D Realms Anthology Steam Edition -- MB-CD7A268C2D555B3F - Taken by Jalal. 11 entrants total.

Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-4644FD41D8C5DC17 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1450117380z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Indie Gala Monday bundle was awesome, they sent a old Hidden Misteries bundle by mistake lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-33B38748C0DE8BFC - Taken by Naaq. 1 entrants total.
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-6B998F59C7E8D638 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek -- MB-AEB0E48652F3C7BC - Taken by The_Monk. 2 entrants total.

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-07E7E8B2E5228390 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-02C0BCE8C2A419F3 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Clockwork: Tales Of Glass and Ink -- MB-75C10A4A18520448 - Taken by gurm3n. 4 entrants total.
Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-4FFC65855B967DA2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Dark Arcana: The Carnival -- MB-FAB6EB10D9A30167 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones -- MB-142BD3B2C95129FF - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call -- MB-FB81240D625B34B7 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-A1BCE7FD2F5303F3 - Taken by Large Professor. 3 entrants total.

t1450115160z1.png

Hektor

Finished my imperial guard playthrough of Age of Decadence. Some moments where bonecrushing hard, but it was really enjoyable approaching the situations a lot differently from the merchants way. I also got to be arena champion. I think i'm going to do another playthrough with a loremaster next.

Hello SteamGAF.

I've been away for a while.

I just began playing Undertale, and I think that so far is the game that has gotten more joy out of me on many years.

I have read nothing on this game (to not spoil myself), but is the game well received here?

Hektor

Hello SteamGAF.

I just began playing Undertale, and I think that so far is the game that has gotten more joy out of me on many years.

I have read nothing on this game (to not spoil myself), but is the game well received here?

Game of the year for many people here, i'd say.

Hello SteamGAF.

Yup. Anyone in SteamGAF who has played it has nothing but praise for it, and some have given similar statements as you have about having more joy out of the player than in years.

MadGear

Treat your hardware right.
A dinner in candlelight.
Music by Barry White.

Oh my ... . I just cleaned my PC 2 weeks ago (same case) but this picture makes me want to clean it again. I really wonder what environment this thing is standing in to be this clogged up. Also wonder how the intake fans look like, there is always this really fine dust that finds its way inside the case and ends up sticking to the blades..

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

The Settlers Online Buff Pack -- MB-A54E6D94E3AF2AFA

Parsnip

It's just a dust filter doing what dust filters do you guys.
The case is pristine inside, it's so clean you could eat from that surface.
Yes, it's my PC from few years ago. :p

Amazon.fr has updated the ROTTR PC page, with a January 29th as the date.
It's a tuesday, could be legit.
http://www.amazon.fr/Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider/dp/B0196FKK68

91tyLZ2%2BRYL._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon France lol.
Also that's not Tuesday, that's Friday.

I'd like to believe that date is correct, but 80 days exclusivity seem like a weird number there, no matter how badly the game bombed on xbone. If it were over 3 months, I'd find it more likely. 2 months seems too little.
Either way I have bookmarked the app on steamdb and it gets frequent updates.

edit: Also I'll buy it day one, whatever the date is.

Some leftovers:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Closure -- MB-6F5D25A15F9D7F47 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-4E575EE5AF9F3E40 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-40E4F721FA1C3A06 - Taken by Corvo Jensen. 6 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-0A7BBBBF150AC5DD - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.

t1450126980z1.png

sprinkles

I thought that was ice for a second and was thinking of watercooling gone wrong.

The truth is far more horrible.
I just see that image as the Fractal R4 dust filter doing its job - stoping the evil dust getting into the PC. But cleaning the filters should really happen every 2-3 months at least.

Annubis

I just see that image as the Fractal R4 dust filter doing its job - stoping the evil dust getting into the PC. But cleaning the filters should really happen every 2-3 months at least.

Isn't most home dust dead skin?
Maybe he's stocking it up until he can make a suit of himself.

Madn

I think I got the real ending for Undertale.

I spared all my enemies and at the end the flower told me something like "go check on Undyne". So i reloaded and went to her house. I did all the lab stuff (finding the VHS with my name in the video creeped me out a bit) and then saved Asriel.

Here's what i thought about it:
1) The humour is 10/10
2) The combat is great and the enemies are so varied that it never gets repetitive
3) Papyrus is the GOAT
4)
I was starting to get really mad at the "fake" ending where the game crashes. I really thought my save file got corrupted and had to restart everything. I actually wondered a bit in the dark before quitting the game again. As the game wouldn't let me restarted I actually considered uninstalling it and restarting. Fortunately a friend who was watching me play suggested me to try checking again in the darkness
5)
At first I thought the experiments with the souls ended up with creating Mettaton, but it turns out it was the flower. So is Mettaton just a robot?
6)
Is there any point in restarting the game? After loading again the flower advised me against it, and now there is a True Reset button I can choose. Am I still missing something?

If I'm done with Undertale I could jump on Dark Souls 2

Any chance it'll reach this price in the Steam sales? I have some money in my wallet that I never use but I don't want to pay more than on another site

Anteater

~1 month until I can experience Dragon's Dogma for the first time

UDD34gKl.jpgn

dragon's dogma is one of those games where you have more fun trying new things than sticking with 1 class, enemies variety is low and there aren't much depth with each class.

don't think it's as balanced as the souls games, but if you like dmc games and their design choices I think you'll have fun

Hektor

6)
Is there any point in restarting the game? After loading again the flower advised me against it, and now there is a True Reset button I can choose. Am I still missing something?

You can go for the genocide ending if you can stomach the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom