• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

anyone want to convince me why i should pick Dark souls 2: SOTFF over the original version ?

I want to try Dark souls 2 a shot but don't know if the re release is better .

Hektor

So killing the enemies I encounter instead of sparing them?

There is a bit more to it, you need to a specific amounf of enemys in every area until you get an encouncter saying "a fight started... but no one came" (Or somethign similar) and you have to kill all bosscharacters.

Any chance it'll reach this price in the Steam sales? I have some money in my wallet that I never use but I don't want to pay more than on another site

I would put it at 0%. I seriously don't know if you'll see it at that price on Steam anytime soon.

anyone want to convince me why i should pick Dark souls 2: SOTFF over the original version ?

SOTFF has different enemy placements, all the DLC, and a better rendered. It's basically the 'definitive' edition.

mxgt

Banned

The DLC built in is the biggest plus. It's the best content in the game.

More items is nice too. Different enemy placement is questionable but I didn't really have any problems with it.

Benedict

Is the Ultimate Game Makers Bundle worth it if my daughter (10) is interested in trying to make a game?
They've started using Scratch at her school.
Don't know how much grasp of the English language she needs.

She spoken of making a side-scroller with a cat.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

4643b4b9228c94cbc614d87b0219e5cc.jpg
0be55ebf917790012111706c3f9d00e9.jpg
2339f4ccfb602545c0bc7b9e2c84e5bf.jpg
3a35178570be8c519253d6d8e6fd83f6.jpg

Madn

I would put it at 0%. I seriously don't know if you'll see it at that price on Steam anytime soon.

Thanks, I bought it.

There is a bit more to it, you need to a specific amounf of enemys in every area until you get an encouncter saying "a fight started... but no one came" (Or somethign similar) and you have to kill all bosscharacters.

I think I'll wait for now, not ready for another run already,
especially that type of run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Appointment with FEAR -- MB-4DDC0BB7304C38EF - Taken by Hektor. 8 entrants total.
Bitardia -- MB-0E7B9C8E44607261 - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.

t1450121040z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Better item and enemy placement too.

I'd throw those into the "meh" catagory personally. Everything SotFS did should've been patched into the Steam original release. There's no technical reason beyond the 6 player co-op (and even then I'm dubious on that) that any of it couldn't have been thrown into the original release.

Regginator

well, it has all the dlc included and dx11 support which I think automatically means (slightly) better visuals?

does vanilla dark souls 2 even get discounted? I thought it was neglected after sotfs.

Uzzy

Well at least the main menu music for GITS is better than what they had in the trailer. Still not a patch on Yoko Kanno's work, but an improvement. I'm also glad they have Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Richard Epcar involved, don't know if they've got the rest of the cast yet.

In short, kill me now before I end up actually liking this.

FloatOn

Not only does it have everything that has been mentioned so far but it has dope encounters with the scholar of the first sin which adds to the lore quite a bit.

Go with Scholar everytime.

MUnited83

For you.
Not only does it have everything that has been mentioned so far but it has dope encounters with the scholar of the first sin which adds to the lore quite a bit.

Go with Scholar everytime.
That's been added to the base game too. But yeah, Scholar is the right choice.

Do we know more than january as the release date?
16th of January I believe is release date for Steam/PC version. Was in one of their promo videos. No clue why they still haven't updated that date on its Steampage.

Very happy it's here soon.

And I just read on Community Hub preorders start in five days.

Wonder if the exclusivity deal with MS payed off for the pubs or if they're biting their asses.

US launch month

Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 644,000
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 201,000 (-69%)

Bonus:

Tomb Raider [Xbox 360] - 348,000
Rise of the Tomb Raider [Xbox One] - 175,800 (-49%)
Rise of the Tomb Raider [Xbox 360] - 25,200

UK first week launch

(100%)

Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 206,500
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 44,000 (-79%)

Bonus:

Tomb Raider [Xbox 360] - 103,000
Rise of the Tomb Raider [Xbox One] - 37,400 (-64%)
Rise of the Tomb Raider [All Formats] - 44,000 (-57%)

I don't think so.

zkylon

zkylewd
i should do another dark souls 2 run to see the scholar stuff, i remember they patched that in the middle of one of my playthroughs and i randomly warped to the cemetery place and was like WTF who is this huge scary fire guy

but i dunno if i have another dks2 playthrough in me, i beat that game like 6 times already

i'd rather just play dks1

I don't think so.

outch

they got screwed hard by fo4

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Here's what i thought about it:
5)
At first I thought the experiments with the souls ended up with creating Mettaton, but it turns out it was the flower. So is Mettaton just a robot?
6)
Is there any point in restarting the game? After loading again the flower advised me against it, and now there is a True Reset button I can choose. Am I still missing something?

5)
Buy the Mystery Key from Bratty and Catty and got to the house next to Napstablooks.
6) Well you can to see the variation in events that happen if you do the same path or a neutral run. There is also the option of making it a very different game by killing everyone before moving onto a boss in every area.

Dr Dogg

The way RotTR was revealed, then marketed, then had tentative release dates for PC and PS4 announced before the Xbone version even released itself no one should be surprised it tanked. I think I saw one advert on TV and not a sing'e reference in print (considering the industry and circles I work in this is even more bonkers) and the only form of advertising it got were some YouTube vids, some promo website and an info hub on the Bone itself.

First it's exclusive, then it's not, then it's Holiday 2015 on Xbox platforms, shortly there after it's also on PC Q1 2016 and Q4 for PS4. Just a whole mess from top to bottom. Shame as I really, really enjoyed it and it certainly deserved better treatment.

hopefully people see the way the whole situation unfolded with Tomb Raider and never do that again...but I'm sure someone else will be dumb enough to try

dex3108

The way RotTR was revealed, then marketed, then had tentative release dates for PC and PS4 announced before the Xbone version even released itself no one should be surprised it tanked. I think I saw one advert on TV and not a sing'e reference in print (considering the industry and circles I work in this is even more bonkers) and the only form of advertising it got were some YouTube vids, some promo website and an info hub on the Bone itself.

First it's exclusive, then it's not, then it's Holiday 2015 on Xbox platforms, shortly there after it's also on PC Q1 2016 and Q4 for PS4. Just a whole mess from top to bottom. Shame as I really, really enjoyed it and it certainly deserved better treatment.

Sad thing is that Crystal Dynamics is one who will felt consequences the most. Based on everything i heard and read even basic dev costs are not covered yet (or barely covered). Square Enix sold exclusivity for cheap and that will bite them in the ass.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I think this one is new

BundleStars Invaders Bundle

Pay $1.49 for:
Dustoff Heli Rescue (Windows/Mac)
Void Invaders (Windows)
Vulture for NetHack (Windows/Linux)
Selfie : Sisters of the Amniotic Lens (Windows)
Proto Raider (Windows)
Galactic Conquerors (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Bunker - The Underground Game (Windows)
TeraBlaster (Windows/Mac)
Sumo Revise (Windows)
Vampire of the Sands (Windows/Linux)

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/invaders-bundle

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
alien isolation is long as hell

I can think of a few places that could use some trimming, especially the final stretch. By just cutting out the final hour or so, the whole game's pacing would be highly improved. It's at its best while it's introducing new concepts or combining them for the first time, but after a while they drag their feet until the next idea comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom