• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
My avatar is the best avatar in PoE. And it's all thanks to some mad backer's portrait.

Crowdfunding is neat.

Giant Bomb has you covered: Game concept page for spiders. (Obligatory spider warning.) Contained within is every game wth spiders that GB's community/staff bothered to add to it. If you see anything miss, feel free to make an account and add it yourself!

Giant Bomb's wiki stuff is a really cool idea, conceptually a way to find games you like, games similar to that, and beyond. Unfortunately it's surfaced in the worst way possible so virtually no one knows about it.

Edit: I tried to add the Spider concept to the PoE game page, but I have no idea how to move it down to its proper spot in the concept list so I've given up. Looks like the dream is dead.
that's the thing, if you have to go through a page filled with spiders to see if a game has spiders then it's not doing its job as i intend it too

my idea is also to have like different ratings for games based on how stressful they are to play and links/hosting for spider-removing mods

Got it. That's bad, because I don't think it can be 100% without human check (and if we are talking human checks, why bother doing anything else) - even tracking ball / players in football footage for analysis isn't 100%.
yeah, that's the thing. unless it's 100% which would be some sci fi shit then i'd rather the modding tools in the future became good enough that you can crack open any game and just replace whatever model you want freely

I don't care what anyone says, I liked Infinite.

gross

infinite is cool

-___-

What game is this?
pillars of eternity by obsdian

xIrNaaG.gif
Wow, first MB, now AnimuGaf has even broken Stallion. Rip in pieces.

Amzin

Mostly just got this Bundle for Lichdom, so here is some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kingdom Rush -- MB-E131F9CD4F8EEBC7 - Taken by Copons. 6 entrants total.
Monstrum -- MB-D0EBE74E13B04571 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Battle Vs. Chess -- MB-B9F1EE763E6EB744 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Super 3-D Noah's Ark -- MB-C0AAF90995A7EACC - Taken by ussjtrunks. 3 entrants total.
3D Realms Anthology Steam Edition -- MB-CD7A268C2D555B3F - Taken by Jalal. 11 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-4644FD41D8C5DC17 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1450117380z1.png

Tizoc

How good is Guilty Gear Xrd for beginners to Guilty Gear or fighting games in general?

It has a good tutorial mode that'll teach you the GG system which BlazBlue is based on.
Note that GG series plays vastly different to say Street Fighter IV or V even, as GG utilizes air combos, and it's meter usage is not for Supers or powered-up special moves.

Generally it's still possible to do well even with simple or basic knowledge of how the game works, and there are GAFfers who play the Steam ver. and can help you get better at it.

fantomena

Ramsay Snow is a fucking shithead. Oh my shit how much I hope Jon Stark comes back in next season and muders him.

Yes, even the Telltale makes me hate Ramsay and Ive just finished the first episode.

Dr Dogg

Do your PCs really last five years? Does it matter if you set them on chairs or if you put the controllers on the floor?"

I had a setup running of the top of the of the motherboard box in open air running daily for about 3 years with little issue. I've got one PC I've used pretty much daily as first a workstation, then a server and now as a HTPC that was built in 2007 and still going strong with only hard drives and cases being replaced. Providing you haven't caught a defective part and you treat your hardware right no reason it can't last for decades.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ramsay Snow is a fucking shithead. Oh my shit how much I hope Jon Stark comes back in next season and muders him.

Yes, even the Telltale makes me hate Ramsay and Ive just finished the first episode.
you're supposed to hate him so seems like the game's doing its job

I had a setup running of the top of the of the motherboard box in open air running daily for about 3 years with little issue. I've got one PC I've used pretty much daily as first a workstation, then a server and now as a HTPC that was built in 2007 and still going strong with only hard drives and cases being replaced. Providing you haven't caught a defective part and you treat your hardware right no reason it can't last for decades.
what's "treat your hardware right" even mean :p

Dr Dogg

what's "treat your hardware right" even mean :p

Well use it for purposes other than it's intended for I guess. I mean you could get away with using a PC as a doorstop or makeshift table (and I know I have in the past) with no issue but some of the more crazy things I've seen people try and do, like using the PSU to power other devices whilst still connected to you PC is probably asking for trouble (though a house mate of mine did make some bonkers hifi amplifier powered by the internals of his PC). Well that and smoking 60 a day, whilst addicted to an MMO without any dust filters or intent to clean the insides. That will kill a PC eventually but will probably last a lot longer than some might think.

I'm curious with Zesty going on sale over at GMG and currently over at Gamersgate, shouldn't it have gotten a bigger boost in owner #s?
http://steamspy.com/app/351970

I am actually not sure how big those sales on these sites are.

I remember I was always astonished how many people even on GAF outside of this thread exclusively buy PC games on Steam.

"This game was featured one week before the winter sale with 75% off. You could have bought it then."
"No. I am not checking Steam 24/7".

"The game is 15$ cheaper on GMG."
"I rather buy on Steam."

Monooboe

Despite having bunch of new and shiny games I couldn't help but to go back and play some more Borderlands Pre-Sequel after playing through Tales from the Borderland. It really was as great as everyone kept hyping.

The GOTY for this year is going to be hard, harder than I remember any other year being.o_O

Dr Dogg

In my experience it take some fucking monumental neglect to kill a PC. Unlike these plastic toy boxes that have stuff so tightly packed in they're struggling to breath as it is and are dust traps the moment you turn them on. Only PC I had with serious cooling issues relating to a build up of dust was a HP laptop which had a stupid design where there was a right angled recess on the exhaust side of the blower which just trapped dust in there. Had to give it a clean once every 6 months if you didn't want to set your crotch on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom