• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

uYd7IuPAW1Xe9-DVmC8Y1uU2fQcydg3YJ_NuZileI62q6Lt4bSkL4tpHRh2og8QEjBAV91VcGRSPTF7jOKMzyEXw6NMSUMUwUN-WvWi0QsK8H0NcA2rWsbThCtq-XONagilwREwvAz-HxJ8o6RVGPWRy3HQfM_TXGFArmTs=s0-d-e1-ft

Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin -80% with code DEC-COUPMAIL-HOT20

http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/dark-souls-ii™---scholar-of-the-first-sin-steam-key-pc-download

Hmmm USD 17 sounds tempting ish...

zkylon

zkylewd
for me it's been a crapshoot

some things last forever, some randomly die, sometimes i don't clean up for years and it's ok, then i clean it every month and dies anyways

computers are stupid

MaxiLive

I find PCs are totally random if they want to break or not. General rules are buying reasonable components, make sure they are installed correctly (tidy cabling, grounded connections etc), keep the machine somewhat clean and minimise the amount your are poking around inside.

I've also had issues with power draw though due to my crappy flats wiring and probably overloading the sockets with multiways. I think my speakers shorted out my last PSU as it blew and now my motherboards onboard sound just outputs static. Thinking about it I should really tidy up my cable situation around my PC...

You have to pay to get into the early access for Ghost in the Shell.

That really sucks :( I just noticed this was coming out today and was looking forward to trying it out after work as the store page mentioned it was F2P multiple times. I think I'll skip paying for the beta and check it out once its out for reals.

rtcn63

Treat your hardware right.
A dinner in candlelight.
Music by Barry White.

dust_by_majorparsnip-d796b8p.jpg

byakugan-png.png

Power spikes were probably responsible for the short lives of my prior PC's. Get an uninterruptible power supply if your home is prone to black/brownouts, it helps mitigate the chances of your shit frying. (I forgot to put one of my external HDD's on it and a brownout messed up the USB controller. It'll disconnect from my PC routinely unless attached via a USB hub) The Cyberpower CP1500 routinely goes on sale and is well worth the investment.

January seems way too soon, then again, maybe it's slouching performance on X1 (launching on Fallout 4 day ftw lmao) made them move the date up.

From what I've heard, the game itself is almost a bullet point checklist of improvements from TR2013, so I'm actually really eager to give it a whirl, it's graphically stunning too.

Jawmuncher

January seems way too soon, then again, maybe it's slouching performance on X1 (launching on Fallout 4 day ftw lmao) made them move the date up.

From what I've heard, the game itself is almost a bullet point checklist of improvements from TR2013, so I'm actually really eager to give it a whirl, it's graphically stunning too.

I think MS would be ok with a PC release so soon. They just want to hold off the PS4 release.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished a playthrough of Tomb Raider (2013) a few days ago, so I'm ready for that Rise PC release.

Kezen

Banned
That strikes me as too soon given the game released on the X1 just last month. Feb/March is my guess, but I'm not against being pleasantly surprised.

I agree, February/March is much more plausible.
Perhaps the low sales have convinced Square Enix to release the PC version sooner.

dex3108

RoTR PC version early 2016. PS4 version spring 2016. I could see this working out. They have reason to release them as soon as possible after bad sales on Xbox platforms.

fallout

Whenever I see "TR 2013", I always initially think people are talking about Train Simulator.

Is a brownout when the power goes out with a bang and you crap your pants for the scare?
This actually reminds me ... I really need to work on setting up a backup power solution in my house.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RoTR PC version early 2016. PS4 version spring 2016. I could see this working out. They have reason to release them as soon as possible after bad sales on Xbox platforms.

I'll be surprised if the PS4 release date is moved forward. That detail seems like something Microsoft would have set in stone.

That strikes me as too soon given the game released on the X1 just last month. Feb/March is my guess, but I'm not against being pleasantly surprised.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if XB1 exclusives start being 3 months later on PC with the way MS has been acting lately. Also it sold waaay under than what they expected.

Them being MS.

Kezen

Banned
I'll be surprised if the PS4 release is moved date forward. That strikes me as something Microsoft would have set in stone.

Maybe there is a clause somewhere in the contract stipulating the release date of the other skus could be moved forward if the sales during the initial launch period are too low, this could further entice Microsoft to double down on the marketing and push the game as hard as they possibly can.

That would be a weird clause though, not likely.

To be honest I don't really care about the release date, I just want a PC version as stellar as TR2013.

Also, I want DX12 support. 2016 Square releases like Deus Ex and Hitman support it, so I can see ROTTR undergoing the same treatment, especially if AMD are involved like they are for Hitman and Deus Ex.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/featured

Source for Hitman :
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Hitman-Spiel-6333/News/DirectX-12-1167257/

dex3108

I'll be surprised if the PS4 release date is moved forward. That detail seems like something Microsoft would have set in stone.

Well it probably depends on contract conditions. I really don't think that Square did not think about Plan B if X1/X360 sales + MS money fail to cover dev costs.

Knurek

Yes, but Microsoft doesn't get anything out of okaying an earlier release on the PS4.

If I were Square Enix, I'd have a clause in the contract that would stipulate extending the exclusivity if sales were amazing and shortening if sales were... well, as they have been so far.
But I'm not a multi-million dollar company, so what do I know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I were Square Enix, I'd have a clause in the contract that would stipulate extending the exclusivity if sales were amazing and shortening if sales were... well, as they have been so far.
But I'm not a multi-million dollar company, so what do I know.

I thought you replied to my second post. Whoops. Anyway, if I were Microsoft, I'd ensure that my contribution towards the game's development itself ensured the competing platform didn't receive the game until the agreed-upon date. The PC release being moved forward, however, is actually something I would agree is a possibility given it will be sold on the WinStore.

Shantom

Not sure if this key will work:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Evil Within -- MB-8A405BB473D9EB09 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Evil Within was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1450113660z1.png

Knurek

I thought you replied to my second post. Whoops. Anyway, if I were Microsoft, I'd ensure that my contribution towards the game's development itself ensured the competing platform didn't receive the game until the agreed-upon date.

Sure, I'd do the same.
For franchises that sell.
Microsoft isn't NVIDIA, they won't do things out of spite, just out of business sense.
The exclusivity deal didn't pan out, according to sales data we have.
There's no big announcement of "Return of Tomb Rider 2", exclusive to X1.
While personally, I'd prefer a February/March release (because January is Dragon's Dogma month), I don't think an early PC release is that far fetched.
Especially if the game will have a 1 month Windows Store exclusivity deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom