• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels good not to give a shit about Star Wars or spoilers.
ehh.png

Uzzy

PC Gamer subscription cancelled.

Jokes on them I don't subscribe anyway. I do buy it in smiths for some entertainment on the buses though.

Tizoc

I'm betting on Tizoc going next after making the official steam seal thread and the thread op never getting updated again. :p

Well if there aren't any dailies or flashs not much to update no?
I would be doing the hidden gems thread as well and that one I update after seeing more or new recomendations.

derExperte

The Star War has torn the internet apart. This is what Reagan warned us about in the 80's.

#TeamTarantino

Garden Warfare looks rally fun. They cranked up Garden Warfare 1 concept to 11 this time. Too bad EA is stubborn and it is Origin only :( (Not that i played Garden Warfare 1 that much but still i would love to see GW2 succeed :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPRHBO_820M

GW1 was what Battlefront wanted to be, easily accessible and playable for the casuals while still being fun for good players.

Dr Dogg

Garden Warfare looks rally fun. They cranked up Garden Warfare 1 concept to 11 this time. Too bad EA is stubborn and it is Origin only :( (Not that i played Garden Warfare 1 that much but still i would love to see GW2 succeed :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPRHBO_820M

Xbone purchase and EA Access subscription coming up trumps again. Though I imagine my 10 hours in this will go by a bit quicker than they did in Battlefront (still got 2 hours left but eh).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I non-ironically love all of you. SteamGAF is my favorite segment of GAF, and it's because of the people here.

I really mean it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Body Changer -- MB-0491B0DA03B9F99E - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.

t1450374975z1.png

Uzzy

On the consoles as football clubs front, I offer the following.

PC: Manchester United - The Best. Hated due to their excellence and how success seems to come to all involved. Once lead by a charismatic ruler respected by all, they've been quieter in the past few years, and are now lead by a philosopher looking into the nature of reality. Still raking in the money though.

Playstation: Arsenal - Best in the 90s and early 2000s, they've been enjoying a resurgence lately thanks to a reliance on home grown talents and competence. Has an obsession with French mercurial talents. And did you see that ludicrous display on the Vita?

Xbox: Manchester City/Chelsea - Successful domestically only due to massive influxes of money, mostly unsuccessful on the continent. Didn't exist before 2000.

Wii-U: Liverpool - The old master, overtaken by others and mostly forgotten except for a hardcore group of fans who are constantly upbeat and never stop believing. Obsessed with history, they are occasionally capable of brilliance but far too infrequent to put up real numbers. At least next year will be their year.

Dr Dogg

Actually the whole Seal instead of Sale things started when a user named f15Her_JeLLY made a topic on SPUF enquiring when the sumer 2011 sale would start titled 'the SUMMER SEAL ,WILL BEGIN soon????' (this and the other threads got merged into a megathread so the topic a post now). One small typo and a new name was born. Even Valve got in on the act calling one of it's background pics http://media.steampowered.com/forums/summerseal.jpg (yes that still links fine) and included a seal that looked like one of the photos posted in that thread (source post) in their final Sumer Sale background art.

I non-ironically love all of you. SteamGAF is my favorite segment of GAF, and it's because of the people here.

I really mean it.
Same. It's why i've stuck around so far!

Salsa says his ban will expire on the 22nd, so he still intends to make the sale thread.

It's a general internet joke:

Actually the whole Seal instead of Sale things started when a user named f15Her_JeLLY made a topic on SPUF enquiring when the sumer 2011 sale would start titled 'the SUMMER SEAL ,WILL BEGIN soon????'. One small typo and a new name was born. Even Valve got in on the act calling one of it's background pics http://media.steampowered.com/forums/summerseal.jpg (yes that still links fine) and included a seal that looked like one of the photos posted in that thread in their Winter Sale background art.
I see, didn't know it had such a deep origin! I was only aware of it last year on gaf.

Thanks for the info!

AHA-Lambda

PC: Manchester United - The Best. Hated due to their excellence and how success seems to come to all involved. Once lead by a charismatic ruler respected by all, they've been quieter in the past few years, and are now lead by a philosopher looking into the nature of reality. Still raking in the money though.

Playstation: Arsenal - Best in the 90s and early 2000s, they've been enjoying a resurgence lately thanks to a reliance on home grown talents and competence. Has an obsession with French mercurial talents. And did you see that ludicrous display on the Vita?

Xbox: Manchester City/Chelsea - Successful domestically only due to massive influxes of money, mostly unsuccessful on the continent. Didn't exist before 2000.

Wii-U: Liverpool - The old master, overtaken by others and mostly forgotten except for a hardcore group of fans who are constantly upbeat and never stop believing. Obsessed with history, they are occasionally capable of brilliance but far too infrequent to put up real numbers. At least next year will be their year.

Stare-What-GIF.gif

Hektor

Sounds like your deadzone is a little messed up. Check out the controller config in the control panel to see where the sticks centre.

The X-Axis seems to be broken, the bar got a vey different lenght depending on wether i pushed the stick into the right or the left direction. It's either 40% or 50%.

I guess that's not good?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I really mean it.

The feeling is mutual. I hardly ever venture outside of SteamGAF because it just seems so volatile. You guys are a great bunch and everyone is always helping everyone out. The internet these days lacks a lot of the sense of community it had when I was younger - and so far this is as close-knit of a community as I've ever been a part of that's passionate about PC gaming.

Sch1sm

This place has gotten awfully emotional.

SteamGAF is probably the only reason I still log in as often as I do, though, so... You guys are great. Much love.

-------

So, uh. Batman Arkham Knight. Why do people like this game? I've been playing it. Not on PC, so without whatever bugs, but I still don't find enjoyment in it. I don't even like the Batmobile stuff.

ViviOggi

This place has gotten awfully emotional.

SteamGAF is probably the only reason I still log in as often as I do, though, so... You guys are great. Much love.

-------

So, uh. Batman Arkham Knight. Why do people like this game? I've been playing it. Not on PC, so without whatever bugs, but I still don't find enjoyment in it. I don't even like the Batmobile stuff.
Asylum >>>>>>>>>> any of the sequels

Open world was a mistake

Brilliant analogy! *claps*

Hopefully no one mentions the other powerhouses

It was even acknowledged by Valve:

And thereafter turned into a TF2 cosmetic item:

375px-Seal_Mask.png
I'm still fairly new to Steam. Only used my account since last year. :p

Dr Dogg

Oooooooohhh Dragon's Dogma preorder goodies!
DDDA-Steam-PreOrder.jpg

As an owner of the Udon Design Works (which is what that cover is from) it's a bit more than an art book. Like an almost 400 page design document so I doubt that is it and will probably be a compilation of sort from that like they did for RE4.
Scratch that it bloody well is!
Pre-order now to receive the following:

Digital art book – A complete replica of the Dragon’s Dogma Official Design Works. Over 300 pages of content after content that chronicles the development artwork behind this expansive setting including characters, lore, creatures, and weapon designs, plus rough sketches, key visuals, and plenty of creator commentary. A must-read for any Dragon’s Dogma fan! (Print edition also available on Amazon at $44.99)

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Masterworks Collection - the awe-inspiring digital soundtrack contains 53 songs including a handful of alternate versions not included in the game. The 2+ hour soundtrack has been reauthored from the original source material, and the pre-purchase bonus includes both MP3 (320Kbps/16-bit/48KHz) and FLAC (24-bit/48KHz) lossless formats. (Total download size: 1.74GB)

The_Monk

I really mean it.

The feeling is mutual. I hardly ever venture outside of SteamGAF because it just seems so volatile. You guys are a great bunch and everyone is always helping everyone out. The internet these days lacks a lot of the sense of community it had when I was younger - and so far this is as close-knit of a community as I've ever been a part of that's passionate about PC gaming.

I agree with you both. Please don't fight. There's no need to focus on the negative side of things, there's so much better things to spend our limited time, nobody wins by being hateful, be kind.

Hektor

Oooooooohhh Dragon's Dogma preorder goodies!
DDDA-Steam-PreOrder.jpg

As an owner of the Udon Design Works (which is what that cover is from) it's a bit more than an art book. Like an almost 400 page design document so I doubt that is it and will probably be a compilation of sort from that like they did for RE4.

I don't see a preorder button.
I feel cheated.
I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom