• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the word on Sword Coast Legends? I remember there was some muted excitement before it came out. Something about a proper D&D co-op CRPG and all that. I look at the store page now and roughly half the reviews are negative and well, it's half off after 6 weeks. What happened here?

Parsnip

Oooooooohhh Dragon's Dogma preorder goodies!
DDDA-Steam-PreOrder.jpg

As an owner of the Udon Design Works (which is what that cover is from) it's a bit more than an art book. Like an almost 400 page design document so I doubt that is it and will probably be a compilation of sort from that like they did for RE4.
Scratch that it bloody well is!

God damn.

Now all they need is to flip the switch so I can actually pre-order.

Ludens

Banned
What NightDive drunk? Turok is 20€ ?
No really, this is just an upgraded game, exactly the same thing happened with System Shock 2 and basically all games released by NightDive, why is 20€?

Maybe it will be 50% off at release?

It's 16 discounted, so no.

What NightDive drunk? Turok is 20€ ?
No really, this is just an upgraded game, exactly the same thing happened with System Shock 2 and basically all games released by NightDive, why is 20€?

Probably multiple ip holders want to get paid. Thats the problem with bringing back some of these titles. I rather it was a GoG price @ $6 but whatever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oooooooohhh Dragon's Dogma preorder goodies!
DDDA-Steam-PreOrder.jpg

As an owner of the Udon Design Works (which is what that cover is from) it's a bit more than an art book. Like an almost 400 page design document so I doubt that is it and will probably be a compilation of sort from that like they did for RE4.
Scratch that it bloody well is!

Huzzah, the OST. The one thing I specifically requested.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks for the kind comments and ppl jumping to my defense, was really a sucky situation to be in that i don't feel i deserved

didn't really mean bayo to get banned, i didn't say anything to any mods or anything, was just hoping for him to back off, but oh well, i know you guys like drama so this is my xmas gift to y'all :p

anyways thanks again

Eila

$20 makes sense. Gives them wiggle room for sales and what not for the next couple years. Then they can reevaluate and do a base price drop later if they need to.

Sys Shock 2 was $10 & 30% off on release. I imagine they had to pay for the Turok EX mod + additional development on this one, but I feel a lot of devs are charging premium for steam releases these days.
Well, since it's Night Dive they'll probably put it on sale quick and maybe even bundle it. I have a bunch of their releases because of that.

Edit: Fuck Capcom.

Tizoc

Some traders are offering Dragon's Dogma for $24 if anyone's interested.

No pre-order bonus (dont really care for artbook or ost) or discount for Dark Arisen means I'll wait for impressions.

What more impressions do you want? There's an old thread about DD's announcement that has as much info as you need. Capcom games are known to perform well on PC so there's no need to worry on that part.

Backlogger

So I was going to put Arkham Kight on my GOTY list despite all the PC release issues because I really enjoyed the game, but then I found out that to see the "true" ending (which I ended up watching on YouTube) that I had to do all the Riddler stuff; collectibles, riddles, etc. Its 200+ challenges!

Seriously? That stuff should be optional. Maybe it would have made less sense in context, but
they should have let you just face, defeat/arrest Riddler after you rescue Cat Woman

Jazz573

So yeah, I doubt MGS will win GAF GoTY. Didn't think this half a year ago, hell even at release. I guess it will be between TW3 and BB.

I a m d e t e r m i n e d t o m a k e s u r e U n d e r t a l e w i n s .

Anyways, it will probably be Fallout 4 because apparently it's the perfect game. :p

Momentary

Banned
$30.00 for a old PS3 game with nothing else added other than smooth frame rate and upped resolution and some other jazz?! That's RIDICULOUS
LY AWESOME!!!

Shepard

What more impressions do you want? There's an old thread about DD's announcement that has as much info as you need. Capcom games are known to perform well on PC so there's no need to worry on that part.

Well, what do I lose if I wait? I mean, if the game runs as well as we are expecting it to run, I'll buy it on day one(for the same price and knowing that it is a good port). No reason to preorder.

Dr Dogg

Funny thing is you could probably release a decade old 360 port with no additional features and still at the same rendering resolution and framerate as the console version for around £20 and I'd still probably buy it if it was a game I was somewhat keen on for preservation purposes alone. Don't get any fucking ideas publishers! I said games I'm somewhat keen on, not any old shit.

Anyways DD:DA on PC will run at Freedom Resolutions and at 120 American Frames Per Second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom