• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was going to put Arkham Kight on my GOTY list despite all the PC release issues because I really enjoyed the game, but then I found out that to see the "true" ending (which I ended up watching on YouTube) that I had to do all the Riddler stuff; collectibles, riddles, etc. Its 200+ challenges!

Seriously? That stuff should be optional. Maybe it would have made less sense in context, but
they should have let you just face, defeat/arrest Riddler after you rescue Cat Woman

In my thread, I was told it was a reward for teh true fans http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139303

Volcynika

Some traders are offering Dragon's Dogma for $24 if anyone's interested.

What more impressions do you want? There's an old thread about DD's announcement that has as much info as you need. Capcom games are known to perform well on PC so there's no need to worry on that part.

Nothing can be guaranteed about the PC port itself, just a reputation. Good or not, if there's no price difference, there is zero harm in waiting to see how it turns out when it's released.

Amzin

So I was going to put Arkham Kight on my GOTY list despite all the PC release issues because I really enjoyed the game, but then I found out that to see the "true" ending (which I ended up watching on YouTube) that I had to do all the Riddler stuff; collectibles, riddles, etc. Its 200+ challenges!

Seriously? That stuff should be optional. Maybe it would have made less sense in context, but
they should have let you just face, defeat/arrest Riddler after you rescue Cat Woman

Best part is certain challenges could bug out on you and be permanently locked out of being completed. I got 99.9% done except for one challenge, had to download someone else's saved game to get the achievement.

GaussTek

0040b864f9748f223bff66b883ec270c.480x360x1.jpg

Dr Dogg

Awaiting the influx of 'Tude titles on Steam. Could make for an interesting user tag. Hmmmm. Be right back, gonna tag me some gaemz...

Ludens

Banned
Probably multiple ip holders want to get paid. Thats the problem with bringing back some of these titles. I rather it was a GoG price @ $6 but whatever.

No, I think they just got greedy, honestly. Because if you look at titles released until now, the highest price was 10€. And sure they did a hell of work to took out those IPs from the Limbo (I still remember an article about System Shock 2 and its licensing nightmare).

For sure it can't be for the "remastering" work, they did that in pretty much all titles released, including Noctropoplis (here they removed dead ends, added achievements plus graphics optimization).

20€ is simply too much, expecially if you compare Turok to other "remasters" (RE Rebirth, RE0, same price).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If lashman ever gets banned (pretty unlikely, he's a nice guy) I'm going to literally code a lashmanbot.

10 years from now this thread will be entirely automated, populated by Markov chain generated text rants.

Begin posting Terminator GIFs now

If lashman ever gets banned (pretty unlikely, he's a nice guy) I'm going to literally code a lashmanbot.

10 years from now this thread will be entirely automated, populated by Markov chain generated text rants.

This would be the perfect moment for lashman to post a "come with me if you wanna live" gif

Sch1sm

First there was ModBot. Then there was Lashman.

Not like this, Stump.

zkylon

zkylewd

are you gonna be the human king of your dystopian robot thread or you're just gonna ai yourself in too

i feel like i should mention that i couldn't make iashybot happen in talos principle

i got a dunderbot and some other bots i forgot their names but iashybot never showed up

Jazz573

No! Don't do it, Stump! Not like this! We're doomed now! ;_;

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Funny thing is you could probably release a decade old 360 port with no additional features and still at the same rendering resolution and framerate as the console version for around £20 and I'd still probably buy it if it was a game I was somewhat keen on for preservation purposes alone. Don't get any fucking ideas publishers! I said games I'm somewhat keen on, not any old shit.

I agree completely. I'd totally plop down $20-$30 for games like Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey (even stuff like Infinite Undiscovery or Kameo) even if they had a maximum rendering resolution of 720p and call it a day. Especially so if they took the extra time to include Steam achievements/trading cards.

Backlogger

In my thread, I was told it was a reward for teh true fans http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139303

That's dumb because the true ending really isn't even that good.
I was hoping for more of a Dark Knight Returns type ending where Batman goes underground or what not. I am not even sure I understand what was happening in the True Ending.

I am going to play through the DLC stories. Bat Woman was pretty good other than being really short. Really short is okay though. I got games to play.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Machines can't replace the creativity of real human turd posting

Besides, before you spend time on coding any lashman bot, I demand you furfill your destiny and create the world's largest stack of Bowsers

lol

lashman will never be banned or replaced!

tumblr_m38ldw66XQ1qbvak0o1_500.gif

Uzzy

Lashman confirmed for being proof of Roko's basilisk. Hope everyone's praised the lash enough.

Lomax

Turfster
Banned into Immortality
Today, 11:00 AM

Wait what, DD is 30 and Turok is 20? I guess I'll wait for both. Night Dive is pretty much my favorite developer around though, so it might be worth it to dive in at 20. I am certain that it would have sold much much much more if it was launched 7 bucks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now you guys have me wondering what kind of stuff my "bot counterpart" would post

I guess just Enhanced Steam changelogs

Parsnip

There are better terminators than arnie though. :p

YC1jN6d.jpg

<3

Also, while one is obviously a more highly coveted PC port, it's somewhat interesting to think about the different approaches Capcom and say, Square Enix, take when it comes to engaging PC gamers.

I guess you could argue that MT Framework being so awesome makes Capcom's/wbacon's job easier in a sense, but his engagement with the PC audience is top notch. We have seen plenty of footage of the game running at all kinds of setups at all kinds of framerates. Even a fellow gaffer and MT Framework modder Sectus got his hands on the port and picked some apples.

While on the other end, the only updates about Lightning Returns after it's initial announcement seemed to come from Japanese twitter account in Japanese. You know, Japan, the big PC market. And those updates were about the delays. Zero engagement with the Western audience, where PC actually matters.

Grief.exe

Wait what, DD is 30 and Turok is 20? I guess I'll wait for both. Night Dive is pretty much my favorite developer around though, so it might be worth it to dive in at 20. I am certain that it would have sold much much much more if it was launched 7 bucks.

It's 20% off launch discount, so it comes to $16. I would agree with you if this was a simple port or running in a wrapper, but Night Dive actually ported the game to a new engine, added new effects (god rays, water reflections, etc), incorporated Steam workshop and mod tools, and even added new areas when the old ones weren't cutting it.

I'm thinking about just straight up buying it right away since I have the day off.

Lomax

Definitely looking forward to getting Dragon's Dogma. Might even bite at something like 50% off. Probably be $10 or less by next winter sale though.

Lol, they now allow Paypal on Humble Monthly. The cancellations must be getting to them.

They added PayPal before the first monthly bundle was even released.

Jazz573

YC1jN6d.jpg

<3

Also, while one is obviously a more highly coveted PC port, it's somewhat interesting to think about the different approaches Capcom and say, Square Enix, take when it comes to engaging PC gamers.

I guess you could argue that MT Framework being so awesome makes Capcom's/wbacon's job easier in a sense, but his engagement with the PC audience is top notch. We have seen plenty of footage of the game running at all kinds of setups at all kinds of framerates. Even a fellow gaffer and MT Framework modder Sectus got his hands on the port and picked some apples.

While on the other end, the only updates about Lightning Returns after it's initial announcement seemed to come from Japanese twitter account in Japanese. You know, Japan, the big PC market. And those updates were about the delays. Zero engagement with the Western audience, where PC actually matters.

Oh Japan does have a big PC market, just mostly lewd games. :p

Dsyndrome

YC1jN6d.jpg

<3

Still mad this was cancelled.

Wish Dragon's Dogma came out before the new year, having the Design Works attached made it an instant buy for me. Hopefully I'll be able to knock out something this holiday to make room for the game.

Also, sucks with all the drama this morning, *insert Rodney King quote*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom