• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

Paypal says so

mshjMo1.png

Not sure what I'm going to do now there's no Daily Deals and Flash Sales. It's a shame there's no way to sort/filter the Wishlist by genre. Maybe something Enhanced Steam could look at doing?

Square-enix NA site.

can't believe they charging me already if they need my verification.

What now? I give them $10 despite I'm not gonna get my item?

man very stupid of me.
A friend of mine also got that message when she tried to buy Final Fantasy XI. After she sent an email that basically said "I will NOT send my identification; just refund me," they immediately let the transaction through.

Tizoc

I'm listening to a podcast discussing the Star Wars Holiday Special

I think i need to see this thing, then play battlefront, and then stay away from the internet for the rest of my life until I see TFA

The fuck? GETTING into star wars is easy:
Watching the original trilogy, then watch The Force awakens.
The OT is more of adventure series that becomes character focused over time. If you're gonna watch the OT, watch the Despecialized fan editions since they're the best versions of the movies to watch.

Uzzy

Chelsea paying Bayern 100m to get Pep this winter?

Speaking of:

PC = Bayern München
Consoles = 1860 München
Undertale Fans = FC St. Pauli Fans

(Hope no mod who knows German football sees this or I'll join Salsa.)

So PC are the evil empire buying up every game in sight to crush all competition?

Also sad to see José go. I wanted to see Chelsea in the Championship next season.

The OT is more of adventure series that becomes character focused over time. If you're gonna watch the OT, watch the Despecialized fan editions since they're the best versions of the movies to watch.

I endorse this post. The Despecialized versions were fantastic.

I endorse this post. The Despecialized versions were fantastic.

wait what

what makes you think i havent seen Star Wars before? I was talking about the Holiday Special

zkylon

zkylewd
@bayo

i dunno why you made your life goal to constantly talk to ppl about me and my gender when i specifically told you in private (and i've said this too in this thread) that i was uncomfortable with talking about it and didn't like ppl talking about it either. i guess you're even more insecure than i am or whatever and you didn't like that i didn't want to talk to you anymore after you being a creepy asshole and going all detectivegaf on me, but that's not my fault and you shouldn't take it out on me for things i didn't do

i never asked anyone for anything and have gifted out lots of stuff myself so whatever you're accusing me of is made up. my profile page on steam literally says don't gift me stuff, whatever gifts i always got are from ppl that i consider friends (including you, back in the day..). i probably got one or two from ppl wanting me to be one thing or another but i never claimed to be anything and all i wanted was for ppl to leave that part of me alone and just know me for how i am here

i'd settle this over steam chat or whatever but it's important to make it clear here that you're making shit up and being really shitty by breaking my trust about stuff we talked in private.

i'm tired of you doing this shit

you suck, dude

edit: if you don't like me do the mature thing and set me to ignore. i did that with you and if you weren't constantly doing this shit on cheesy's group chat thing that would've been great. no need to cause each other grief

---

sorry to everyone

How do you get rid of the awful steam web beta that moves all the things like your profile, store, account, etc to the left side and buries them in menus?

Kyougar

who hacked alexandros account!

Ease of use, familiarity, low initial cost of entry, the ability to rent and sell games, exclusives and force of habit. As I explained in another thread, PC gaming has improved tremendously in terms of ease of use over the last ten or so years. System maintenance is almost completely automatic, game purchasing and updating is a piece of cake through digital stores and automatic patching, gaming-capable budget PC hardware is cheaper than ever. It truly is a wonderful time to be a PC gamer. But...

... PC gaming still lacks the single entry point, the 'hero' device à la Google Nexus that will allow the casual consumer to buy it and be confident that it will play PC games easily, reliably and with decent performance for the next five or so years. Yes, I know, the Alienware Alpha, but noone (including Valve) is pushing it as the one device that will offer a console-like user experience. The original Steam Machine concept was intended to provide a 'turnkey solution for the living room' (Newell's words) but the actual Steam Machines are a mess of different configurations and form factors. Most of them are shit, the few that are decent are lost in the pile of garbage.

So, until PC gaming manages to offer a truly console-like experience, consoles will have their place in core gaming. They serve a purpose, they fill a void that PC gaming still can't fully cover.

Just a reminder, there are 950 discounted packages left for Star Citizen. $30 for the full game. Probably won't be this cheap again.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

who hacked alexandros account!

I get the feeling that mods will crack down on these sarcastic/parody posts before long. As funny as they sometimes tend to be, a lot of people do take the bait and the overall discussion goes to shit. Case in point is the definitive comment in Kojima's thread the other day that virtually derailed the whole thing.

@bayo

i dunno why you made your life goal to constantly talk to ppl about me and my gender when i specifically told you in private (and i've said this too in this thread) that i was uncomfortable with talking about it and didn't like ppl talking about it either. i guess you're even more insecure than i am or whatever and you didn't like that i didn't want to talk to you anymore after you being a creepy asshole and going all detectivegaf on me, but that's not my fault and you shouldn't take it out on me for things i didn't do

i never asked anyone for anything and have gifted out lots of stuff myself so whatever you're accusing me of is made up. my profile page on steam literally says don't gift me stuff, whatever gifts i always got are from ppl that i consider friends (including you, back in the day..). i probably got one or two from ppl wanting me to be one thing or another but i never claimed to be anything and all i wanted was for ppl to leave that part of me alone and just know me for how i am here

i'd settle this over steam chat or whatever but it's important to make it clear here that you're making shit up and being really shitty by breaking my trust about stuff we talked in private.

i'm tired of you doing this shit

you suck, dude

edit: if you don't like me do the mature thing and set me to ignore. i did that with you and if you weren't constantly doing this shit on cheesy's group chat thing that would've been great. no need to cause each other grief

---

sorry to everyone

H-Happy Holidays
Not sure what happened buddy but, don't let Bayo get to you.

Soulflarz

Banned
Hey guys I just woke u-

Okay
uh

I have very little context on the situation, but I think anyone here can see lazily going "lol k" and "uh huh, he can hate me" is not the correct answer to someone having issues to how you're treating them.

That is to say, I see the post where gender is mentioned, and clearly zky doesn't like talking about that, so please respect that? We aren't 5 and it takes no effort to respect that wish.

Jazz573

Hey guys I just woke u-

Okay
uh

I have very little context on the situation, but I think anyone here can see lazily going "lol k" and "uh huh, he can hate me" is not the correct answer to someone having issues to how you're treating them.

Agreed. It's almost Christmas, we shouldn't be bullying. ;_;

Soulflarz

Banned
Bully jokes aside, and hell, even ignoring GAF policy which I'm pretty sure doesn't allow you to ignore that request of someones, this isn't really the right thing to be doing.

It's one thing if you did it and said "oh, I didn't realize it's an issue!"

But patronizing zky and then fully acknowledging that youll be disliked for it is just intentionally riling people up, stop that- now.

Jazz573

Bully jokes aside, and hell, even ignoring GAF policy which I'm pretty sure doesn't allow you to ignore that request of someones, this isn't really the right thing to be doing.

It's one thing if you did it and said "oh, I didn't realize it's an issue!"

But patronizing zky and then fully acknowledging that youll be disliked for it is just intentionally riling people up, stop that- now.

Yeah. Zky's our friend.

Chariot

This is not a laughing matter. In fact it's really disrespectful by you, Bayo. I never had a particular high opinion of you, but reading that and your reaction really show you as an idiot. It fine to poke fun at people, but if they feel miserable and directly tell you it's way past the point to stop. I know I am a gimmicky shit poster myself, but I consider myself respectful enough to not willingly hurt people. That's basic common sense and if you violate that time and time again and follow up complains like you do, you should sit back and think about yourself. Christmas is a good time.

Jazz573

This is not a laughing matter. In fact it's really disrespectful by you, Bayo. I never had a particular high opinion of you, but reading that and your reaction really show you as an idiot. It fine to poke fun at people, but if they feel miserable and directly tell you it's way past the point to stop. I know I am a gimmicky shit poster myself, but I consider myself respectful enough to not willingly hurt people. That's basic common sense and if you violate that time and time again and follow up complains like you do, you should sit back and think about yourself. Christmas is a good time.

Thank you Chariot.

this is veggie's dream wife.
She's a bit hollow for my taste ;)
Can we stop going with this Us vs Them narrative? there will always be fanboys on both sides so let's not be blind and paint millions of people with the same brush.

And to be honest the fanboyism here is getting toxic. Every page or two there is someone saying "lol console gaming" or "oh no Sony fans are unbearable"
Yeah, there are unbearable platform fanboys on both sides.
That's pretty stupid and I even as an exclusive PC guy see that consoles have their merits.

Agreed.

Kyougar

You Guys are hypocrites. Why is bullying on christmas more resentfull than any other time of the year? It's not like someone would feel better if it was in April.

Not sure what I'm going to do now there's no Daily Deals and Flash Sales. It's a shame there's no way to sort/filter the Wishlist by genre. Maybe something Enhanced Steam could look at doing?

Or customizable sub-lists. My wishlist is packed with upcoming games that I wish I could put in their own list.

Tizoc

Thanks for the Beta mate, will try to put in a few hours into it even though I will mostly be playing it on PS4 XP
Hope to see you lot online :D

dex3108

Yeap this was really smart idea to write on twitter. Don't go there SteamGAF if you haven't watched movie because there could be some jerk with spoiler tweets. I will only post image without link to the tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom