• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what it says at all lol, did you read the article? Cox Media has to pay $25 million dollars because they were too lax on pirates and didn't implement an effective way to stop repeat offenders, they aren't obligated to report anything by law, they will just be more strict on their policies from now on.

Yeah, I clicked on it and went "...wait a minute" lol

dot

Beta starts in about 12 hours.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V Beta -- MB-8C94E8BFC9B019DB - Taken by ramoisdead. 1 entrants total.

t1450383676z1.png

Kriken

If lashman ever gets banned (pretty unlikely, he's a nice guy) I'm going to literally code a lashmanbot.

10 years from now this thread will be entirely automated, populated by Markov chain generated text rants.

Begin posting Terminator GIFs now

tumblr_mh67avPuIg1ql8t12o1_500.gif

This is not a future I want to live in

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128715036853504337

Hi Everyone,

The latest patch for Batman: Arkham Knight was released today and contains the following updates:
Fixed some issues with stars being awarded or lost incorrectly in specific AR Challenges
Improved target prioritization during combat
Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game
Fixed missing rain effects on a few remaining player character skins
Miscellaneous gameplay fixes and stability improvements
Fixes to some keyboard and mouse prompts after being rebound
Made frame times more consistent for 60hz monitors running at 30fps with VSync enabled
Previously equipped gadgets can be selected with keyboard and mouse again after restarting an AR Challenge
Fixed the default key binding for Harley’s Snare gadget
Batgirl’s Remote Hacking Device can now be properly selected with keyboard & mouse in AR Challenges
Minor performance optimizations for certain combinations of hardware
Fixed keyboard & mouse controls that did not function in DLC AR Challenges when no previous save data existed
Quick Photo Mode can now be triggered with keyboard and mouse controls when using the Batmobile
Special Combo Takedowns can now be performed with Quickfire Gadget binds if they were rebound
Fixed graphical corruption that may occur after Alt-Tabbing
Improvements and corrections to some localized text
Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack
Added support for December DLC content

Knurek

I'm almost convinced he posted the wrong article by how inaccurate the title is lol.

As I understood it, if other ISPs want to fight disclosure of their client's info, the companies that want it can use this ruling as a precedent.

IANAL though.

Please don't ban me like you did with Salsa

As I understood it, if other ISPs want to fight disclosure of their client's info, the companies that want it can use this ruling as a precedent.

IANAL though.

Please don't ban me like you did with Salsa

It does say that but it's by no means a law and other companies are following the rules, unlike Cox which paid for it so it probably won't make a big difference except for Cox going forward.

Sober

Humble Sports bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Max Gentlemen
  • Qvadriga
  • OlliOlli
TIER 2: BTA
  • WRC4
  • Vertiginous Golf
  • Sportsfriends
TIER 3: 10$
  • OOTP Baseball 16
Max Gentleman DLC (more fucking hats and characters to wear hats) and Sportfriends for about 3 bucks is worth it.

Max Gentleman is a hilarious time waster. Even cooler cause I played it on an actual arcade cabinet at PAX East once.

If lashman ever gets banned (pretty unlikely, he's a nice guy) I'm going to literally code a lashmanbot.

10 years from now this thread will be entirely automated, populated by Markov chain generated text rants.

Heh, I thought about automating my cards alert posts, but I'm too lazy to actually do it, and I don't like the idea of a script posting for me without my oversight.

It's 20% off launch discount, so it comes to $16. I would agree with you if this was a simple port or running in a wrapper, but Night Dive actually ported the game to a new engine, added new effects (god rays, water reflections, etc), incorporated Steam workshop and mod tools, and even added new areas when the old ones weren't cutting it.

I'm thinking about just straight up buying it right away since I have the day off.

Yeah, it's pretty impressive how much work they have done with it. I might just bite

Parsnip

Looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider app was added to a new very regional sub. Are they getting ready to publish the store page and accept pre-orders? Or not?

Or maybe?!

Probably not but I just want to pre-order the game, flip the switch please.

zkylon

zkylewd
Valve sued by French consumer association

Made a thread about something I found on reddit.
i don't think used digital games will bring on a future quite as apocalyptic as you make it out to be and it'll probably be for the best but it'd make changes for sure

but tbh i don't think the current system of desperately waiting for discounts and devs slashing prices to get noticed is good for anyone either, not in the long run at least

There is a little normal ship in all of us.
a tiny normal ship in an ocean of weird

checks out for me

this actually sounds like an improvement

but only if the bots are also able to post anime gifs

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Heh, I thought about automating my cards alert posts, but I'm too lazy to actually do it, and I don't like the idea of a script posting for me without my oversight.

It's pretty easy and there's very little risk. Some things to keep in mind:
- the posting throttle
- the thread ID changing on a monthly basis
- maybe separately implement a throttle so that your summary posts are no more than once a day or w/e

Beyond that, spoofing is easier if you use a browsing session emulator than doing direct http post requests because vBulletin has this security token to prevent session spoofing.

If you ping me when I'm in a place where I have Internet access on something other than my phone I'd be happy to do a bare minimum Python script for GAF auto posting. I can just adapt some of ModBot's code.

Most of ModBot obviously has some level of user oversight but we have a few pieces of code like automatic account suicide detectors which can operate autonomously. Most of the quirks I ran into on that front are on the mod/Admin side not the regular-ass user side.

oipic

lashman is dope, everyone should know that much.

lashman would now be my primary source of news and snippets of interest, I think - nothing slips past the lashbot.

Thanks for being so on top of things, lashy! You're a gem, and your work is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom