• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easy and there's very little risk. Some things to keep in mind:
- the posting throttle
- the thread ID changing on a monthly basis
- maybe separately implement a throttle so that your summary posts are no more than once a day or w/e

Beyond that, spoofing is easier if you use a browsing session emulator than doing direct http post requests because vBulletin has this security token to prevent session spoofing.

If you ping me when I'm in a place where I have Internet access on something other than my phone I'd be happy to do a bare minimum Python script for GAF auto posting. I can just adapt some of ModBot's code.

Most of ModBot obviously has some level of user oversight but we have a few pieces of code like automatic account suicide detectors which can operate autonomously. Most of the quirks I ran into on that front are on the mod/Admin side not the regular-ass user side.

Thanks for the info. I may take you up on that offer sometime after Christmas when I'm on vacation. At one point I considered just doing it as a quick and dirty Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey script. I hadn't really put much thought into it though, to be honest.

tuxfool

Banned
im okay with that. I dont take insults and bullying seriously in real life, let alone on the internet from anonymous people.

so go for it, I could use a good laugh or two :p

With an avatar like that I'm sure you're used to taking a beating, or at least a verbal lashing bashing.

Am I doing this right?

Hinomura

+1 for appreciating lashman (I'd hope lashman will start posting again anyway besides Steam games updates...)

Jshackles, again, do not worry about stupid people! You don't owe anything to anyone and you are doing a FANTASTIC FREE service to gaming community!

Stumpy will you get back to the lovely dog avatar again? ^___^

Anyone interested in SFV beta? I got two more gifts. Quote or PM me, first come first serve (if I remember correctly, there'll be another beta test this weekend).

Parsnip

I heard some people were upset when they removed the R. Mika buttslap from SF5.

I'm fairly sure they have the permission to use it, but snes9x is kind of terrible.

Anyone interested in SFV beta? I got two more gifts. Quote or PM me, first come first serve (if I remember correctly, there'll be another beta test this weekend).
I would be interested in this if I had a good controller to actually play it. :p
Maybe next time.

Asgaro

SteamGAF comes together after a ban.

ajtZq4C.gif

Momentary

Banned
There was a time that I wished that fighters, shmups, jrpgs, and beat'em ups/character action games would flood STEAM. Now I can't even properly enjoy them because they are just coming out of nowhere now. There's even a damn Shoot'em up conference this month on how they are going to see PC as the home for the genre.

Knurek

Game 13: Picross NP Vol. 1 - started on 25.01.2015, finished on 04.02.2015 (11:26)
Game 15: Picross NP Vol. 2 - started on 04.02.2015, finished on 14.02.2015 (12:58)
Game 28: Picross NP Vol. 3 - started on 22.02.2015, finished on 13.03.2015 (10:36)
Game 70: Picross NP Vol. 4 - started on 13.03.2015, finished on 17.06.2015 (10:52)
Game 101: Picross NP Vol. 5 - started on 26.09.2015, finished on 17.10.2015 (10:06)
Game 105: Paint it Back - started on 17.10.2015, finished on 29.10.2015 (20:58)
Game 108: Picross NP Vol. 6 - started on 31.10.2015, finished on 11.11.2015 (10:19)
Game 111: Picross NP Vol. 7 - started on 19.11.2015, finished on 05.12.2015 (11:26)
Game 115: Picross NP Vol. 8 - started on 05.12.2015, finished on 17.12.2015 (11:22)

Let's just say 2015 was the year of the nonogram for me.

Eila

Game 13: Picross NP Vol. 1 - started on 25.01.2015, finished on 04.02.2015 (11:26)
Game 15: Picross NP Vol. 2 - started on 04.02.2015, finished on 14.02.2015 (12:58)
Game 28: Picross NP Vol. 3 - started on 22.02.2015, finished on 13.03.2015 (10:36)
Game 70: Picross NP Vol. 4 - started on 13.03.2015, finished on 17.06.2015 (10:52)
Game 101: Picross NP Vol. 5 - started on 26.09.2015, finished on 17.10.2015 (10:06)
Game 105: Paint it Back - started on 17.10.2015, finished on 29.10.2015 (20:58)
Game 108: Picross NP Vol. 6 - started on 31.10.2015, finished on 11.11.2015 (10:19)
Game 111: Picross NP Vol. 7 - started on 19.11.2015, finished on 05.12.2015 (11:26)
Game 115: Picross NP Vol. 8 - started on 05.12.2015, finished on 17.12.2015 (11:22)

Let's just say 2015 was the year of the nonogram for me.

My head hurts after playing an hour of Picross. I think it's the SFX from the old games. Should probably try the DS games.

Hinomura

I would be interested in this if I had a good controller to actually play it. :p
Maybe next time.
:(
Stick wise: huge selection (HORI are the best, probably; the silent hayabusa wakes my dreams along with the Taito HORI).
Pad wise: I do recommend PS4 gamepad. PS3 is fine if you don't mind your left thumb blooding. X360 I still can't navigate the menus. X1 not tried yet. Valve controller I'm waiting for a monster pro demonstrating it.

Parsnip

:(
Stick wise: huge selection (HORI are the best, probably; the silent hayabusa wakes my dreams along with the Taito HORI).
Pad wise: I do recommend PS4 gamepad. PS3 is fine if you don't mind you left thumb blooding. X360 I still can't navigate the menus. X1 not tried yet. Valve controller I'm waiting for a monster pro demonstrating it.

Was never much a stick guy, I don't think I've ever actually played a fighting game in an arcade. :p All my SF2 fights were on SNES so that's what I'm the most comfortable with.

I have this madcatz fightpad from sf4 days, but I absolutely loathe the dpad on that. It just feels like garbage.

I'm likely getting this new Fight Commander sooner or later.
It looks great and if it feels as good as it looks, it's a no-brainer for a padfighter like me.

Ozium

@bayo

i'd settle this over steam chat or whatever but it's important to make it clear here that you're making shit up and being really shitty by breaking my trust about stuff we talked in private.

he said one sentence, so it's either a lie or stuff you talked about in private

it can't be both.

like how can you be mad that he is telling confidential information, but then say he is lying..

wut

Corpekata

Banned
There are already those PSone emulated games from that Console Classics company.

I imagine the combination of "willing to use an emulator, and owns the rights" is not going to be that large. Probably just going to be the games lost in time to companies going bankrupt.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So if Bubsy becomes a commercial success, will steam be flooded with emulated versions of old console games?

We can only hope. Hell, most people in the Final Fantasy VI Steam discussions were advocating piracy of the original SNES release rather than paying for the not-well-received port.

Edit: It also installed the game to a directory called "Busby Two-Fur". lol

I can't imagine it takes longer than an afternoon to package a ROM and emulator together and put it on Steam for $5-$10.

Yep, checks out

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Summary

Tim chafer is both on the board of advisors of Fig and it's parent company and has invested in the parent company.
He changed the time of the campaign running, and then he shows all the earlier budget shenanigans.
Then because you're credited as an unaccredited investor which doesn't have laws for getting your money back your reserving your spot as an unaccredited investor when the law is in place (end of january).

Pretty much that. Saw it on reddit.com/r/pcgaming if it's bullshit call me out on it so that I'll learn something.

(Why Psychonauts 2's Crowdfunding is not to be trusted.)

It looks great and if it feels as good as it looks, it's a no-brainer for a padfighter like me.
Where do they even sell that Fighting Commander one at besides just Hori's site? I have the FC4 but its the normal one, although still really good. Just that locking the D-pad sometimes comes loose after hours of use. I got it to lock, really good now though.

Corpekata

Banned
Why are you linking random dude's 15 minute long videos? Like I'd get it if they were an expert or they had established themselves or something but that guy has videos with like 20 views on them.

At least give a summary.

Hinomura

Was never much a stick guy, I don't think I've ever actually played a fighting game in an arcade. :p All my SF2 fights were on SNES so that's what I'm the most comfortable with.

I have this madcatz fightpad from sf4 days, but I absolutely loathe the dpad on that. It just feels like garbage.

As much as i DO love gamepads, sticks are better for digital inputs - it's a fact: it's possible to achieve pratically the same level performance with pads but it's tougher, because you have to move your left thumb as quick and as precise as you'll do with your wrist (hint: it's so much easier / quicker with your wrist).
I have the luck to have played almost any platform, and the main controllers in console gaming were gamepads. A lot of old time geezers doesn't mind playing VS fighting / shmups / etc with gamepads: playing with them for - let me shoot - a couple dozen years makes you quite good! :)

Anyway, try sticking with the madcatz controller (I can't vouch for Hori gamepad - as much as I'd like it to perform in a excellent way, I read a lot of complaints :((( ) if you can't have anything else at the moment. It's not perfect but with the good amount of practice it's not that terrible - personal experience - and I'm not a monster at all ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom