• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Summary

Tim chafer is both on the board of advisors of Fig and it's parent company and has invested in the parent company.
He changed the time of the campaign running, and then he shows all the earlier budget shenanigans.
Then because you're credited as an unaccredited investor which doesn't have laws for getting your money back your reserving your spot as an unaccredited investor when the law is in place (end of january).

Pretty much that. Saw it on reddit.com/r/pcgaming if it's bullshit call me out on it so that I'll learn something.

(Why Psychonauts 2's Crowdfunding is not to be trusted.)
yeah i was gonna give it the benefit of the doubt but calling crowdfunding a "fucking begging bowl" is kind of where i draw the line :p

Video raises some legit concerns and ends with the advice for everyone to do research themselves.

I also share the opinion of being cautions around Tim Schäfer. I liked Psychonauts, but I made the mistake of investing in Massive Chalice and I saw what happened to DF-9. I want a finished product first.
what was wrong with massive chalice?

wasn't a perfect game but i thought it delivered in time and form and it was pretty alright?

Love this way more than I should. Best song in Hotline Miami.
lol my favorite is the one after you beat a stage

really brings down the mood and puts feels like a really nice chill reward

regardless of your opinions on broken age he doesn't deserve a fucking cent from people after the spacebase debacle
dont necessarily agree but i can understand feeling burned about spacebase and that being your reason to not want to back this

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_nuj6wwAlje1qzw06jo1_1280.png

there's a new demo of lady killer in a bind

apparently it's content not part of the main game so you know, i'm gonna play it

game's pretty nsfw btw

Dr Dogg

The trick is to make them curious. Getting a D in yoga would eat up all kinds of time if you have to talk to someone.

Worst advice ever! Saying you study yoga is intriguing but saying you study yoga but only got a D is likely to result in a 'don't call us we'll call you' situation.

Jawmuncher

Worst advice ever! Saying you study yoga is intriguing but saying you study yoga but only got a D is likely to result in a 'don't call us we'll call you' situation.

Depends on the story he weaves. I got a D because I had to take my dog to the hospital and only had 10 minutes for my exam would be fine.

Gave the d to get a c

Speaking of classes you'd expect to do well in, my Spanish class kicked my ass this semester, was entirely immersion which would be fine but the teacher was an insanely strict grader. Good for learning the language but I got a B so my gpa is crying. Think the teacher disliked me because she saw me smoking and she had rants about smoking in class before, lol.

Was supposed to be a booster class as I transfer to a 4 year program. Oh well :p

While it may display my humanity, I dont think that highlighting my underachievements in yoga would be good in a program where I have to be a role model and encourage college readiness to teenagers from low-income neighborhoods. Luckily enough, I already got the job.

Are you guys still taking about the grade 'D' or the other 'D' people often talk about?

Not entirely sure anymore.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

OlliOlli -- MB-A459D315D9831937 - Taken by gurm3n
Vertiginous Golf -- MB-518C5112B050BBF1 - Taken by Abomination

Also while checking my Humble account, there was a steam key for Doodle God from the Humble PC & Android 13 bundle, they must have added it later. Might want to check out if you have one due.

After more than three months, one of my foils finally sold.

(Now to wait for the one that's been sitting in the market since June.)

I've had an Infinity Runner one from last March and even with relisting every two weeks or so at the lowest, no luck. Though I did manage to finally dump my 3 Adventures of Tree ones, cleared a whole 4c each on them.

Adnor

Banned
No but seriously. I was playing Dying Light with Salsa and we were going to, we assume, the last mission of the game and... it's behind a single player area??? Seriously game?

Overall I really liked the game, but man, what a bad way to end it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bubsy Emulator update 1.0

Hi Everyone,

It’s been an honor to work with Retroism and help get an official and supported version of the original Bubsy games into fans hands. In order to get the games available for digital distribution, we have used an emulation tool with the permission of the two original creators of that software over a decade ago (Gary Henderson and Jeremy Koot). Today some very vigilant community member pointed out that some strings of code from subsequent contributors we’re in the build we used. This was not code that contributed to the functionality of the gameplay and we are quickly working through the emulation code to remove it. This was purely an unintentional human error and we sincerely apologize. We have already submitted a new build today where we have identified and removed the code that should not have been there and will continue to do so until it has all been removed. We do want to emphasize these changes will not have an effect on the game play, features or stability of the game. Once we are sure that no contributor’s work is included without their consent we will publish our version and additions to the emulations which of course will be free to use.

You are welcome to email us if you have any concerns or comments. We will be answering them all and I’ll personally reach out to any coder affected. We do respect your work!!!

Grief.exe

Jazz573

Summary

Tim chafer is both on the board of advisors of Fig and it's parent company and has invested in the parent company.
He changed the time of the campaign running, and then he shows all the earlier budget shenanigans.
Then because you're credited as an unaccredited investor which doesn't have laws for getting your money back your reserving your spot as an unaccredited investor when the law is in place (end of january).

Pretty much that. Saw it on reddit.com/r/pcgaming if it's bullshit call me out on it so that I'll learn something.

Lol. Tim Chafer. :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It sure would be nice if these games were actually ported and not just emulated. I really want a proper 60fps Metal Slug.

I actually didn't notice it when I was playing, but I have a feeling that now that I've been made aware of the issue, I can't unsee it.
It's probably made even more noticeable by the fact that I'm playing at 144FPS having the movement and shooting be at that and everything else at 30 is really obvious.

Grief.exe

Summary

So he is taking on egregious amounts of risks and expects more percentage returns?

I haven't watched the video, but from what your stating I don't see it as an issue, but just business. Especially since this has all been made public knowledge.

*Full disclosure, I haven't donated to the campaign.

It's probably made even more noticeable by the fact that I'm playing at 144FPS having the movement and shooting be at that and everything else at 30 is really obvious.

I only had a 60 FPS monitor at the time, but it still looks extremely noticeable even with the 60 FPS lock on youtube.

Nzyme32

Looks like Summer Lesson and Tekken might make it to PC. Harada is talking about them at a HTC Vive event, but there is no audio and I haven't paid attention to it and when the audio was there it was in Japanese so I didn't understand it.

I'm also drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom