• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Summer Lesson and Tekken might make it to PC. Harada is talking about them at a HTC Vive event, but there is no audio and I haven't paid attention to it and when the audio was there it was in Japanese so I didn't understand it.

I'm also drunk

Hasnt announced anything yet. Just talking about the general VR "problems/solutions".

Hope he just says both are coming to Vive/Steam at the end.

Back from TFA. There was clapping when the movie began! Never witnessed something like this before. Anyways, good movie. Safe and familiar, but after the prequels, I take this.

Nzyme32

Hasnt announced anything yet. Just talking about the general VR "problems/solutions".

Hope he just says both are coming to Vive/Steam at the end.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the audio and video are messed up for everyone else but it's practically impossible for me to watch. I couldn't read the Chinese and decided to press all the buttons along the bottom. I probably broke something.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the audio and video are messed up for everyone else but it's practically impossible for me to watch. I couldn't read the Chinese and decided to press all the buttons along the bottom. I probably broke something.

The quality of the stream is bad. Audio is okay now, but I wonder why the video is in such a low resolution...

He is just talking about designing a VR space, height-differences etc.

KarmaCow

Why the hell does xboxstat.exe require more than 30% of my CPU? This is when it's doing nothing, just having a controller plugged in.

xGreg

On the consoles as football clubs front, I offer the following.

PC: Manchester United - The Best. Hated due to their excellence and how success seems to come to all involved. Once lead by a charismatic ruler respected by all, they've been quieter in the past few years, and are now lead by a philosopher looking into the nature of reality. Still raking in the money though.

Playstation: Arsenal - Best in the 90s and early 2000s, they've been enjoying a resurgence lately thanks to a reliance on home grown talents and competence. Has an obsession with French mercurial talents. And did you see that ludicrous display on the Vita?

Xbox: Manchester City/Chelsea - Successful domestically only due to massive influxes of money, mostly unsuccessful on the continent. Didn't exist before 2000.

Wii-U: Liverpool - The old master, overtaken by others and mostly forgotten except for a hardcore group of fans who are constantly upbeat and never stop believing. Obsessed with history, they are occasionally capable of brilliance but far too infrequent to put up real numbers. At least next year will be their year.

Wow, Excellent analogy!!!

PC Gamer and Man Utd supporter here :D

Nzyme32

Back from TFA. There was clapping when the movie began! Never witnessed something like this before. Anyways, good movie. Safe and familiar, but after the prequels, I take this.

Good to know. I saw clapping and cheering on the first day of LOTR Return of the King and Batman DKR at the biggest IMAX in the UK where they are generally a bit more over the top, and some were was dressed up. Also saw a similar thing when I saw one of the Mission Impossible movies that had a sneak peak at the opening of DKR several quite a long while before it released, same cheering and hollering.

Nzyme32

On the consoles as football clubs front, I offer the following.

PC: Manchester United - The Best. Hated due to their excellence and how success seems to come to all involved. Once lead by a charismatic ruler respected by all, they've been quieter in the past few years, and are now lead by a philosopher looking into the nature of reality. Still raking in the money though.

Playstation: Arsenal - Best in the 90s and early 2000s, they've been enjoying a resurgence lately thanks to a reliance on home grown talents and competence. Has an obsession with French mercurial talents. And did you see that ludicrous display on the Vita?

Xbox: Manchester City/Chelsea - Successful domestically only due to massive influxes of money, mostly unsuccessful on the continent. Didn't exist before 2000.

Wii-U: Liverpool - The old master, overtaken by others and mostly forgotten except for a hardcore group of fans who are constantly upbeat and never stop believing. Obsessed with history, they are occasionally capable of brilliance but far too infrequent to put up real numbers. At least next year will be their year.

Makes sense. So Jose Murinho is Don Matrick, which works with yesterdays news

Bought Turok with hot card money, now to see whether I actually played this game back in the day or not. I know I played 2 a lot.

Game costs too much money

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As per a PM I received, it seems the region change system was updated recently such that if you change regions, you're unable to do so again for "at least two weeks". The phrasing is curious and suggests to me that the more frequently you do it, the longer the cooldown will be.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Oooooooohhh Dragon's Dogma preorder goodies!
DDDA-Steam-PreOrder.jpg

As an owner of the Udon Design Works (which is what that cover is from) it's a bit more than an art book. Like an almost 400 page design document so I doubt that is it and will probably be a compilation of sort from that like they did for RE4.
Scratch that it bloody well is!

That's correct. It's the entire Dragon's Dogma Design Works art book originally created by Capcom Japan and then translated by Udon Comics (313 pages total).

This is not some cheap scan job either. It was created from the source material and outputted via Adobe InDesign to a 300dpi high resolution PDF file. Text and artwork are layered and in object format, so text will appear razor sharp and will scale to your display and zoom settings while the quality of the art asset should be high enough to withstand color prints.

Size of the art book came out to 463MB. Slightly bigger than we had anticipated, but hopefully we made the right decision by sticking to quality over file size reduction.

iosefe

That's correct. It's the entire Dragon's Dogma Design Works art book originally created by Capcom Japan and then translated by Udon Comics (313 pages total).

This is not some cheap scan job either. It was created from the source material and outputted via Adobe InDesign to a 300dpi high resolution PDF file. Text and artwork are layered and in object format, so text will appear razor sharp and will scale to your display and zoom settings while the quality of the art asset should be high enough to withstand color prints.

Size of the art book came out to 463MB. Slightly bigger than we had anticipated, but hopefully we made the right decision by sticking to quality over file size reduction.
i love you

Nzyme32

Absolutely awesome! Very happy to have pre-ordered!

Apparently, they're still actively fixing Batman AK.
  • Fixed some issues with stars being awarded or lost incorrectly in specific AR Challenges
  • Improved target prioritization during combat
  • Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game
  • Fixed missing rain effects on a few remaining player character skins
  • Miscellaneous gameplay fixes and stability improvements
  • Fixes to some keyboard and mouse prompts after being rebound
  • Made frame times more consistent for 60hz monitors running at 30fps with VSync enabled
  • Previously equipped gadgets can be selected with keyboard and mouse again after restarting an AR Challenge
  • Fixed the default key binding for Harley’s Snare gadget
  • Batgirl’s Remote Hacking Device can now be properly selected with keyboard & mouse in AR Challenges
  • Minor performance optimizations for certain combinations of hardware
  • Fixed keyboard & mouse controls that did not function in DLC AR Challenges when no previous save data existed
  • Quick Photo Mode can now be triggered with keyboard and mouse controls when using the Batmobile
  • Special Combo Takedowns can now be performed with Quickfire Gadget binds if they were rebound
  • Fixed graphical corruption that may occur after Alt-Tabbing
  • Improvements and corrections to some localized text
  • Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
  • Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack
  • Added support for December DLC content
Still the worst port in history though.

Eila

Hmm I wonder if you know about this, but can you answer what's with the regional pricing policies by Capcom on steam? As in why do they not follow the arbitrary just about every other dev uses? Specifically almost everything is more expensive in Mexico than in ROW regions.
I mean look at Dragon's Dogma:
UH7B6tf.png

And SFV:
FoemdHX.png

When generally mexican prices are closer to brazilian prices (maybe up to 10% more expensive).
It's the reason the only Capcom games I own on steam are from the Humble Capcom Bundle :/

Really cool as the design of game looks awesome. Super stoked you guys brought this over to PC. One of my most excited "oh I would love to be able to play this!" games from consoles. Best of luck to you.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Thank you for all the hard work!

http://i.imgur.com/If9Ntuc.png

I ran out of chocolate and potatoes at home.

Also played too much match3 over the past few days.
The in-joke is lost on me, but I'm also out of potatoes at my house and I'm sad. :( Still have chocolate though, so I guess I'm better off!

Wanted to try out Dishonored for a bit and whoop-de-doo, 2,5 hours later. Totally loved my time with it so far. Trying to stealth it, no-kill, no-alarm so far but I might dump the no-kill part. Weapons look fun as heck. But I'm gonna stay a stealthy predator still :)

Aesthetically it's very nice. Such dense atmosphere and the painted look to it all is fabulous. Somehow it reminded me of Half-Life 2.

Very glad I started it up since this became the new game I'll sink my teeth into.

Turok has pretty good death animations for being so old.

During my no kill, no alert Dishonored run I'd constantly quick save, slaughter everyone for laughs, and then quick load and do it without violence.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Somehow it reminded me of Half-Life 2.

The art director of Dishonored and the art director of Half-Life 2 are one and the same. ;) He sought to leave Valve after the decision was made to release the follow-up to Half-Life 2 in episodic chunks as he wanted to work on bigger projects (you could argue that's at least partly why Episode One ends the way it does). If Valve had followed HL2 with HL3, we'd probably have a very different Dishonored or even no Dishonored at all.

ExoSoul

Banned
Hmm I wonder if you know about this, but can you answer what's with the regional pricing policies by Capcom on steam? As in why do they not follow the arbitrary just about every other dev uses? Specifically almost everything is more expensive in Mexico than in ROW regions.
I mean look at Dragon's Dogma:
UH7B6tf.png

And SFV:
FoemdHX.png

When generally mexican prices are closer to brazilian prices (maybe up to 10% more expensive).
It's the reason the only Capcom games I own on steam are from the Humble Capcom Bundle :/

And cane we stop with the Euro = Dollar thing?

Lol.

Whenever I drink I find I install tons of games I'll never play which I then delete whenever I wake up.

You should totally try playing them. Been going through my library and trying to finish what I've installed before downloading more. Though that should be done more with buying and finishing games. OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom