• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Pretty sure the answer is Bee Movie.
sgovPg3.jpg

Uzzy

Get your HOT PACKAGE right here.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Street Fighter V Beta -- MB-329DED10E09EF2DA - Taken by TWILT. 10 entrants total.

t1450432884z1.png

But it will be the definitive version. :p

But it already is. :D

I see the Mac and OSX versions have been pushed back to next year. Perhaps WB decided it'd be a good idea to keep supporting the Windows version while they're still in development.

I didn't know that Mac & OSX versions are still not available.
Well at least they're still coming.

METAL GEAR?!?

More like Zoid x Transformers.

I was going to buy it initally when it was on sale but thanks for reminding me. Probably going to actually get it next time.

Holy cannoli! I'm curious but also timid because of the RTS looking parts on the store page.

Warshift

Yeah, it's been a while since the last time I played a strategy game. I think it was Starcraft 2 beta back then. And I grew up with strategy games.

Pretty sure the answer is Bee Movie.

Nah, it's Hutch the Honeybee.

Hektor

Size of the art book came out to 463MB. Slightly bigger than we had anticipated, but hopefully we made the right decision by sticking to quality over file size reduction.

A bigger file will still eventually be downloaded, but a lowres artbook would forever stay lowres.

The art director of Dishonored and the art director of Half-Life 2 are one and the same. ;) He sought to leave Valve after the decision was made to release the follow-up to Half-Life 2 in episodic chunks as he wanted to work on bigger projects (you could argue that's at least partly why Episode One ends the way it does). If Valve had followed HL2 with HL3, we'd probably have a very different Dishonored or even no Dishonored at all.

The irony is after Dishonored he's working on BattleCry. A big project alright :p (which might not even see the light of day)

Volimar

This downtime made me think...

If I were a huge asshole with hacking skills I'd take down the front page and put it back up with massive star wars spoilers.

Uzzy

SFV beta is up and I'm at work. By the time I get back it'll be down for ten hours maintenance.

Wait for me Chun-Li!

Dr Dogg

Got to love those early morning coffee room chats.
Me: Morning.
Coworker: Morning!
*general morning gibberish but eventual get on to the topic of Steam sales*
M; So Steam Sale starts next week.
C: I've been sitting on a pile of cards for a week.
M: I used to do that but I just wait a couple of days until the sale has started before crafting badges or selling stuff. Plus I usually end of buying stuff that has cards during the sale.
C: Shame cards don't pay for everything.
M: Well you do get the occasional game where selling the cards nets you more than you paid for it. Bad Rats for example goes on sale for less than you can sell the cards for.
C: Seriously? So you could sell the cards and the refund the game and be super up right?
M: I don't think 25p is super up! Well you could buy loads of copies of it to your inventory, either get the cards, sell them, remove Bad Rats from your account, readd it to your account from your inventory and the repeat the process for as many copies as you have. If that doesn't work you could make some weird money laundering ring with multiple Steam accounts.
C: Hmmmmmm?
M: I don't think anyone sane has that much free time for a few pennies.
C: But what if you bought a million copies?
M: What? Well let's work this out *grabs calculator*. So a million copies, time to get all card drops 2 hours, x 1m = 2m hours, which works out on a single machine 228 years to go through, so run 1,000 PCs at once and that would take 2.3 years to complete providing no wasted time inbetween. Average PC power consumption at desktop is what? 100w? A bit less with no monitor. 2.4kwhr per day @17p per kwhr =40p per day on electricity before VAT and standing charge per machine. You could get the cards for 12 copies of Bad Rats per machine per day which net you 2p profit per game giving you a total of 24p return on purchase. Offset with electricity costs and you're down at least 16p per machine every day. 16p x 1,000 PCs = £160 loss per day x 228 years = £13.3m loss over time.
C: Yeah not worth it then.
M: Well maybe the once.
So I'm not about to become the Bad Rats baron of Steam anytime soon then.

That's correct. It's the entire Dragon's Dogma Design Works art book originally created by Capcom Japan and then translated by Udon Comics (313 pages total).

This is not some cheap scan job either. It was created from the source material and outputted via Adobe InDesign to a 300dpi high resolution PDF file. Text and artwork are layered and in object format, so text will appear razor sharp and will scale to your display and zoom settings while the quality of the art asset should be high enough to withstand color prints.

Size of the art book came out to 463MB. Slightly bigger than we had anticipated, but hopefully we made the right decision by sticking to quality over file size reduction.

Absolutely awesome job. Good to see you folks pull out all the stops once again. Actually that's a very good size for the art book considering some of the unwildly horrors I work with but the extra time and effort is certainly appreciated.

MUnited83

For you.
That's correct. It's the entire Dragon's Dogma Design Works art book originally created by Capcom Japan and then translated by Udon Comics (313 pages total).

This is not some cheap scan job either. It was created from the source material and outputted via Adobe InDesign to a 300dpi high resolution PDF file. Text and artwork are layered and in object format, so text will appear razor sharp and will scale to your display and zoom settings while the quality of the art asset should be high enough to withstand color prints.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

How long has Total Annihilation had a giant UFO in it? I played it back in the day and only remember low-level skirmish nonsense and constantly running out of resources due to the commander unit's super attack.

...I really need to get the GOG version some day.
Wait until you watch it.
I waited.

The twins are a good addition. Feels like a significant step back from OG Avengers, both in direction and writing, though. Conclusion: needs more Loki, just like all MCU movies.

Dr Dogg

I mean sure if you use someone else's electricity :p

I doubt there would be that much demand for Bad Rats cards. You'd hit a point where you'd probably negatively effect the market and bottom out the price and you're losses would be even greater.

Playing with Bad Rats is playing with fire!

MUnited83

For you.
Got to love those early morning coffee room chats.

So I'm not about to become the Bad Rats baron of Steam anytime soon then.

Absolutely awesome job. Good to see you folks pull out all the stops once again. Actually that's a very good size for the art book considering some of the unwildly horrors I work with but the extra time and effort is certainly appreciated.

Archi's Steam Farm (idlemaster alternative) allows you to idle several accounts at once, and you don't even need to open the client. Get on it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom