• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Owned the original, own the GoG version, will buy the Steam Version. TA kingdoms would be pretty dope too

Kingdoms isn't among the leaked titles, sadly, but TA had been gathering dust since last April, so I assume it'll show up in due time.

CWfzd6cUAAASJMq.png

jdw_b

Apologies if this was already posted - a real rally driver plays DiRT Rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ

Game looks real good. I'm without my steering wheel at the minute as i'm making a new desk, but i'll definitely be looking into getting this.

One thing that was a bit weird though, at 1.47 in the video when he binned it, the car seemed to act as if it had reset itself and surge forward a bit unnaturally. Seemed a bit off

dex3108

I really don't like this VR exclusivity talk. VR devices will be expensive and they will require good PC to run it smoothly so entry price will be high from the start and now there will be issue with exclusivity that will push many VR devs from the technology.

Ozium

Rocket League Ice Hockey is 10 time more fun than regular Rocket League

makes sense since Hockey is 10 times better than Soccer.

it's so good they should keep it permanently.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I really don't like this VR exclusivity talk. VR devices will be expensive and they will require good PC to run it smoothly so entry price will be high from the start and now there will be issue with exclusivity that will push many VR devs from the technology.

There was a quote in one of those threads about it from Palmer Luckey pointing out that there really wasn't any way for them to make a game exclusive to the hardware, just the content delivery system. In this case, Facebook's Steam-like software delivery platform.

So presumably it won't be too much of an issue to adjust, say, Eve: Valkyrie to Vive lenses and controls. It might even support it natively. But you'll probably never get the game in your Steam account, since the whole point is to try and draw you into Facebook's network.

Nzyme32

Kingdoms isn't among the leaked titles, sadly, but TA had been gathering dust since last April, so I assume it'll show up in due time.

Good to know, thanks. A lot of my childhood was spent messing with TA and TA kingdoms.

That reminds me, going to have to pick up Homeworld Deserts of Kahrak too. Really itching for some RTS fun

abracadaver

Rocket League Ice Hockey is 10 time more fun than regular Rocket League

makes sense since Hockey is 10 times better than Soccer.

it's so good they should keep it permanently.

I like the ball mode still better.

Bundlestars is selling Rocket League 4-Packs for 38,49€ right now

tmarg

Games won't be what puts VR on the map.

I'm actually inclined to agree. The fact that the technology can continue to develop without depending on a blockbuster game for revenue is actually a good thing for the long term future of VR gaming though.

I suspect we are still several years out from VR gaming taking off. And I'm not sure it will ever be "mainstream".

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Joking aside, that does look like a nice mixer, cool of your friend to give it to you.
Yeah it's pretty nice! I feel weird getting expensive stuff I have no idea how to use though.

Miku edition mixer? Kinda strange to see, as much as it kinda makes sense, considering it's audio equipment...

[EDIT]
Does it also work as an interface?

After looking up what that is I guess so!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robocraft Starter Pack -- MB-D944024D6C27D014 - Taken by S1n1st3r

ExoSoul

Banned
That's correct. It's the entire Dragon's Dogma Design Works art book originally created by Capcom Japan and then translated by Udon Comics (313 pages total).

This is not some cheap scan job either. It was created from the source material and outputted via Adobe InDesign to a 300dpi high resolution PDF file. Text and artwork are layered and in object format, so text will appear razor sharp and will scale to your display and zoom settings while the quality of the art asset should be high enough to withstand color prints.

Size of the art book came out to 463MB. Slightly bigger than we had anticipated, but hopefully we made the right decision by sticking to quality over file size reduction.

Give this man a raise!!

sorry exo for not playing rocket league.
was doing something for work.

Don't worry about it, just throwing it out there. Took the chance to finish Xeodrifter and get started on Goat Simulator.

You don't have to apologize. He plays too much anyway.

Ehhh?

Sadly that isn't even the worst thing I've seen on the internet today. :\

You know what would be a really dick thing to do? To quote you with a link to Sinéad O?Conners "Nothing compares to you".
But I won't do that cause I'm not a dick.
Just a joke, nothing against you =P

How long has Total Annihilation had a giant UFO in it? I played it back in the day and only remember low-level skirmish nonsense and constantly running out of resources due to the commander unit's super attack.

Total Annihilation was one of the first games to give free regular content updates. Every so often there would be a new unit. The UFO was one of those free unit updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom