• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG's sale seems pretty bad, the only decent discount we havent seen a million times over seems to be lego jurassic world

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm busy trying to make one of the more purposely unappealing Steam pages for Take the Dream IX, an experimental freebie game I got greenlit with another project of mine a few days ago.

I may ask you guys for some opinions on it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers

EDx6Tj6.jpg

KOTOR II pulls heavily from KOTOR I and will spoil major plot points for that game. So, if you have any intention of playing KOTOR I i wouldn't recommend jumping straight into KOTOR II

KOTOR II pulls heavily from KOTOR I and will spoil major plot points for that game. So, if you have any intention of playing KOTOR I i wouldn't recommend jumping straight into KOTOR II

I've played the first one, wasn't huge on it. I guess that's in part to having the big draw spoiled for me. The angry droid was the only part I really remember at this point.

playing Dark Souls II Scholar has made me want to go back into Bloodborne and give it another try...I was awful the first time playing so now maybe I'll just be terrible

will play a bit over the weekend

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship -- MB-F69054242E9ADBF9 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.

t1450456224z1.png

GaussTek

How many of you guys played this game? I would love another Midtown Madness.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Mm1_boxshot.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yep, one of my favorite PC games ever (also loved 2, of course). Such a shame that they don't properly work on Win 10 (or at least on my PC, dunno if there's a fix), and that MM3 remained exclusive to the first Xbox :c

Edit. In case people don't know, 1&2 were developed by Angel Studios, now Rockstar San Diego, the makers of Midnight Club and Red Dead Redemption, and 3 was made by DICE, now owned by EA. So, yeah, that's why they are so good :P

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Okay, so I want some people's opinion on the Take the Dream IX store page, a game I got greenlit a few days ago with another project. This game is very experimental, and also free.

Semi-Spoilers for the project: It is supposed to at first seem like a crappy RPG Maker game, using default stuff and not being particularly great, but slowly grow into something more, something a bit more fun, weird, and disturbing. I won't say much more than that for now.

However, I don't want to show too much, so restricting what I show in trailers, and mainly show stuff from the first or second 'layer' of the game.

Here's what the basic store page looks like right now:

64a857407063833f4fe846fef1525ec3.png

Now, I have TWO QUESTIONS.

Firstly, the lesser question, do you think I should change the description, or is good for feeling a bit off already? It's kind of minimalistic right now, so I want to see some opinions for what's supposed to be a store page that's kind of... Off.

a4360a1388f4749122a91e6f4fca2e24.png

SECOND THING, AND THE MORE IMPORTANT QUESTION.

I have three trailers, all are supposed to feel sort of off-putting, weird, and kind of repulsive. But which of the three trailers should I have play first? I'd appreciate feedback on this one.

TRAILER 1

TRAILER 2 (note: there's a typo in this upload with 'Hardship" I've already fixed)

TRAILER 3

Which of the three do you guys think might work best to be the first thing to play once people enter the store page?

Dr Dogg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header.jpg

xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow 6 Siege: Free Weekend on the awesome PC client (Uplay) #3 -- MB-730A7699836A2237 - Taken by TheMadMan007
xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow 6 Siege: Free Weekend on the awesome PC client (Uplay) #2 -- MB-4F4BAF42DBFF63E2 - Taken by doctorcdcs
xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow 6 Siege: Free Weekend on the awesome PC client (Uplay) -- MB-733D145E9D988CE1 - Taken by Kriken
xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow 6 Siege: Free Weekend on the awesome PC client (Uplay) #4 -- MB-06F8A780AC6DD75F - Taken by Locust

Uplay keys but it's a much better service than this Steam rubbish!

Pachimari

How many of you guys played this game? I would love another Midtown Madness.

Mm1_boxshot.jpg

Midtown Madness 3 is one of my favorite games ever. I think it's #4 on my overall list. I would literally cry if we got a Midtown Madness 4 with the same awesome multiplayer modes.

I feel like a dummy looking only on Amazon for stuff. I said Ill use pad but looking at http://arcadeshock.com/ makes me want a working stick for PC again. Still very frustrated my PS3 TES won't work but, I really could just get a cheap 360 stick and a converter if I ever decided to go anywhere else with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom